IGNORED

cutting

Guest mysticfaery06

Guest mysticfaery06

im not sure how to start this off, but i need a better way to handle things thank cutting. ive treid so many times to stop it, but it just seems to taunt me. i love seeing the red crimson pour out a new hope. its like a red rose that captures all of my attention.

i dont want to stop, but i guess if i just throw myself out here, maybe i can get some good advice. b.c it might get out of hand someday.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Mysticfaery:

The devil is telling you lies. He and all of his demons are tormenting you and making you beleive in lies. They continue to harrass you planting thoughts in your head making you think cutting will make you better. Then once you cut yourself, and then, temporarily, they leave you alone. That is why you feel better when you've cut yourself. Only because they've left your mind and spirit - temporarily. Then they come back again and encourage you to cut. It's a vicious cycle and a spiritual battle. The devil and his demons are real. When the thoughts of cutting start, turn to Jesus. do you have Christian praise music you can listen to? You might need to get some spiritual councel too. I think you must have some emotional pain that you haven't dealt with yet properly - through the Holy Spirit. Can you give it all of your hurts and burdens God? Talk to Him and be honest with him?

I may be wrong about the above, but I believe the devil is working this way in young minds like yours.

Anyone else?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/15/1989

Okay, this I can get very personal with.

I had that same problem. I did it because I believed it was the only pain I could control. Now I hate facing it because I have been asked so many times where I got all the scars I have. And now, feeling good about God, I say they are proof of the wonderful work God can do for people.

Just like He saved me from that stuff He can save YOU.

He is incredible and He will do it, you just gotta tell satan to leave you alone and allow God to work on you. God is the only one that can help us, and you gotta count on Him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

:prayer :dove :prayer

Guest mysticfaery06
im not sure how to start this off, but i need a better way to handle things thank cutting. ive treid so many times to stop it, but it just seems to taunt me. i love seeing the red crimson pour out a new hope. its like a red rose that captures all of my attention.

i dont want to stop, but i guess if i just throw myself out here, maybe i can get some good advice. b.c it might get out of hand someday.

im battling, its been like 3 weeks since the last time ive done it..but i get depressed and when i see something sharp..i just want to feel relief. i need advice.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

MysticFaery06,

I feel for you here, though the situation I was in was a bit different. Cutting truly is a sad thing to do to yourself, seeing as you too are yet another child of God. Do you do this mostly when you are hurting? If so, maybe you should look to a good friend or even start seeing a counselor about your problems. Also pray for yourself, for there is nothing wrong with a man or woman praying for aid from their loving Heavenly Father when in need. I do pray that you are able to stop this self mutilation for you truly are specail to God.

With Love In Christ,

Danielle

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  05/16/1959

I had never hurt of cutting until I read a letter in the newspaper a few years ago.

It really hurts me when I hear of someone doing this to themselves, but I am so glad you are looking for help and sharing with us.

You are very brave mysticFaery06.

You describe cutting in a way that helps me to see why you do it, I am so sorry that you feel so much pain inside that making yourself bleed on the outside helps you to feel better.

:down:

Ericka, and FaithfulFollower, thank you for sharing as well, you are all so brave for admitting this. :hug:

artsylady, great advice!

other one,

what a heart you have!! you said it well when you said nothing at all!

stilllearnin'

Guest godsmartian

First forgive me if I offend you. I too battled with this problem. I'll tell you why so that maybe in case you have the same problem. When I was born my biological father left. I never heard from him. When my mom told me about him I was five. And I remember looking out the window at the stars and promising that I would find him some day. Well when I was in the seventh grade when I gave my mother her valentines day card she told me he was dead. That he died three weeks ago in a car accident. That was the first time I cut. It did feel good. It scared me though. So I didn't do it again until I was at Youth Quest. That time I did it with a straw because I had nothing else. I battled it for two years. That may not be a long time but I made up for it. When my friends said not do it again I said okay. But then I did it anyway. Know why? Because it gave me an excuse to talk to them about it. Their attention was mine for a few precisous moments. When I cut I was in control. I was never any good at handling emotional pain. Cutting was a way to bring that emotional pain outisde to a physical pain and I could handle it much better. Well my friends continued to patronize me and 'counsel' me. Until one friend actually did something. She also battled with it and said that if she ever heard of me doing it again she would make me stop. It scared me so I stopped. I thought it was all a game. That I could stop and start when I wanted. I later realized that I had no control. That it was more then a game. It was a way of life. So is what I did is I called up my friend had them pray for me. Because I wanted to quit. I put all sharp objects away out of sight and wouldn't let myself be alone in a room for more then five minutes. I told my mom. and Finally I prayed and read the bible. Whenever I had that urge to cut I pulled out my bible and began to read. I prayed I sang I did whatever it took not to cut. I ran I did pushups situps. Whatever it took. But it took the hand of God to get me to stop. And he isn't picky with who he helps. He'll lend you he's hand so that you can stop too. From what I see is that you want to stop and because you want to you will with God's lending hand. Because if I can I know you can. Stay in there and don't give up. Satan would love that. I'll be praying for you.

Edited by godsmartian

Guest alonereject

Okay for most ppl cutting is like a high. It makes them temporally but then it alls is stil lthere afterwards. I Haven't ever cut but i know that i have thought about it. I wondered what it would be like to take my emotional problems and make them physical. I had a friend who is a cutter and she made me promise never to hurt myself so because of her I haven't done it because I'm trying to be loyal to my friend and to God. Why don't u try doing something else when u get these feelings. I hvaen't really been in this siuation but I've thought about it. Couseling might help. I think other ppl who i have posted made some really godd suggestions when i had these thoguhts it scared me and i was running from everything else so i ran from that too. I also ran form God tho. Whatever u do lean on God to help u. I didn't and it was a horrible mistake. So lsiten to some music. It mgiht help

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  05/16/1959

What great advice godsmartian. Accountability...to your friends, your mom, and God. You were so wise to take all of those steps, but you are so right when you say you had to want to first.

Thank you for sharing in detail about why you cut yourself, you are a very wise young lady to have figured that out, most people never realize the reasons they do self-destructive things to themselves.

Praying for all of you who are in pain,

:hug: stilllearnin'