• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

1Co 11:6 For if a wife will not cover her head, then she should cut her hair short. But since it is disgraceful for a wife to cut off her hair or shave her head, let her cover her head.

1Co 11:7 For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man.

1Co 11:8 For man was not made from woman, but woman from man.

1Co 11:9 Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.

1Co 11:10 That is why a wife ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels.

I am lost here. Any comments or suggestions on the last verse?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

"The angels harken at the word of the Lord" it says in a Psalm somewhere. I think it may be somehow connected.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  333
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

My study Bible says this concerning verse 10: The phrase "because of the angels" may refer to the fact that angels are concerned w/ proper order and are shocked at conduct that is not in tune with God's will.

Sounds like the study Bible is taking an educated guess but not really sure either.

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Sounds like a good educated guess to me. I had an vision of angels watching and wrote all about it here on worthy at one time. That maybe it.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

When I read the Bible I just take it for granted. There will always be some points difficult to understand. Some people say that we should just go on reading and praying and if our Lord decides to make it clear it will be made clear some day. I do not say that I am not thinking while I read the Bible but I try to avoid "scientific analysis" which is not applied here anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1Co 11:6 For if a wife will not cover her head, then she should cut her hair short. But since it is disgraceful for a wife to cut off her hair or shave her head, let her cover her head.

1Co 11:7 For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man.

1Co 11:8 For man was not made from woman, but woman from man.

1Co 11:9 Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.

1Co 11:10 That is why a wife ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels.

I am lost here. Any comments or suggestions on the last verse?

Womens hair was one of the major things that caused the angels in Genesis chapter six to leave their place in the scheme of things and take them for wives and had children.

They should cover their heads or cut their hair so as not to tempt the angels.

And that's a gospel according to Sam from a lot of different sources so long ago I don't remember them all.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Because the Angels are watching and we are to be good examples for God?And in this case the example is woman being submissive.

:whistling:

Yep, I think so. But it may also bear other meanings, which I can't tell.

2 Peter 3:15-16

Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  234
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/16/1978

Fez, this is a very interesting question.

For some reason, it made me think about Genesis 6 where "sons of God" married women.

So I went and googled it and found the following information which clarified things for me a bit:

Some maintain that these verses assert that angels married women before the Flood and engendered a race of giants. This idea sounds like the sub-plot of a science fiction story! But can it be the truth?

It is true that verse 2 states that the "sons of God . . . took wives for themselves of all whom they chose." These "sons of God," however, were not angels. The fact is that angels do not marry. Jesus tells us this clearly: "For in the resurrection they [humans] neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven" (Matthew 22:30; see Mark 12:25).

Angels cannot cohabit nor reproduce with women. Angels are spirit beings (Hebrews 1:13-14). Women are human beings. Angels and women, then, are two different kinds of being. Kind reproduces after kind, and different species cannot breed.

In his modern, perverted science'"falsely called knowledge" (I Timothy 6:20)'Satan encourages men to experiment with the crossing and mixing of the most unlikely creatures. For example, goats have been genetically altered by the insertion of a spider gene to produce silk products that God never intended in His original design. Right from the beginning, at the re-creation of the world (Psalm 104:30), God says that this is not to be. He establishes a strict law that each kind must reproduce only after its own kind (Genesis 1:11-12, 21, 24-25).

This rule is also backed up and made clear by the context of our difficult scripture. In Genesis 6:3, God says, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh." He is speaking of fleshly mankind here, not angels. Although it is true that the children of these couples were "mighty," like their parents, they were still only human.

It is true that angels are sometimes called "sons of God" (Job 1:6; 38:7). Remember, though, that angels "neither marry, nor are given in marriage."

Read more: [ur http://bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction...0mxlV1eVm"]http://bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Topical.show/RTD/CGG/ID/2891/Angels-Marrying-Women.htm#ixzz0mxlV1eVm

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Jesus tells us that Angels do not marry in heaven.... if they did not marry at all, why would he have put the "in heaven" in that scripture.

No where is a human (other than Adam) described or referred to as "sons of God" until Jesus was born, died and raised so that we could be born spiritually. Only those who are saved can be referred to as sons of God. Jesus and Adam are the only two humans who are physically sons of God.

Practically every civilization with recorded or oral history describes beings from beyond coming to our little planett and having children with humans. It is not just in the Bible. Mayans, Aztecs, Native Americans, Sumerians, Babylonians, Greeks, Romans, Chinese and others tell of the same happenings.

The Bible is not written for us to get an indepth description of Lucifer and his dark side of human history, so it's only slightly mentioned in our Bible. It's written for us to know our Lord, not theirs.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  234
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/16/1978

What if Paul wasn't specifically speaking about GOOD angels???

:emot-hug: