IGNORED

do you ever think you're not going to heaven?

~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Or not good enough for God? I have been having these thoughts a lot lately? There are so many things that I do wrong. A lot of the time I don't feel like I even come close to deserving the Kingdom.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or not good enough for God? I have been having these thoughts a lot lately? There are so many things that I do wrong. A lot of the time I don't feel like I even come close to deserving the Kingdom.

I think about it all the time.

Guest shiloh357

Well, the truth is you are not good enough for God and you don't come even close to deserving the Kingdom. It would not matter if you did everything right. You would never be good enough,much less deserve the Kingdom in and of yourself.

That is true about all of us. That is why our faith is in Christ and his finished work on the cross. Jesus is the only person that was ever good enough. He is the only person that lived up to God's righteous standard. He has imputed that righteousness to us. It is by faith that we receive that righteousness when we are born again.

Those who are trusting being "good enough" will be terribly dissapointed at the throne. If you have received Christ as your Lord and Savior, you are in the Kingdom already. You have eternal life right now. Those who are born again are safe in Christ and have nothing to fear. Your good works as Christian are the product of salvation, not the means of getting saved or maintaining salvation.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Well, the truth is you are not good enough for God and you don't come even close to deserving the Kingdom. It would not matter if you did everything right. You would never be good enough,much less deserve the Kingdom in and of yourself.

That is true about all of us. That is why our faith is in Christ and his finished work on the cross. Jesus is the only person that was ever good enough. He is the only person that lived up to God's righteous standard. He has imputed that righteousness to us. It is by faith that we receive that righteousness when we are born again.

Those who are trusting being "good enough" will be terribly dissapointed at the throne. If you have received Christ as your Lord and Savior, you are in the Kingdom already. You have eternal life right now. Those who are born again are safe in Christ and have nothing to fear. Your good works as Christian are the product of salvation, not the means of getting saved or maintaining salvation.

I agree. My feelings can tell me all types of things. I lean on the promises of God

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I never believe I'm not going to Heaven but I believe wholeheartedly that I'm in no way good enough to stand in His presence. It's only through His awesome mercy and grace that wretches like me have any chance at all for salvation. And I thank Him daily for that. :wub:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Amen brother. :wub:

Relying on oneself and ones own righteousness can lead us to be miserable and intemperate.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I never believe I'm not going to Heaven but I believe wholeheartedly that I'm in no way good enough to stand in His presence. It's only through His awesome mercy and grace that wretches like me have any chance at all for salvation. And I thank Him daily for that. :wub:

I as well stand in this shadow! I am thankful as well Father! Love Steven

Guest LadyC

when i was younger i used to question whether i'd REALLY get to go to heaven. i questioned my salvation all the time.

i quit buying into that trap about 15 years ago. maybe more. i don't doubt my salvation. i know that i'm never going to be "good enough" or "deserving enough", but i do know that by God's grace, He's letting me in anyway.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I think about it all the time.

Never! I have a one way ticket, and it was booked before I was born.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

I KNOW i don't deserve the kingdom. but God made me exactly who I am. and He made you. For sure nobody else accepts me 100% unconditionally. To stand in front of His Majesty, and know that He does? Wow. 'the mind has not comprehended' . . .

The day you feel like you deserve the kingdom? not a good day. But that you will be saved through the grace of God, according to His goodness, because you have repented, and thrown yourself on God's mercy, to have faith that He will renew in you a right spirit, then you may look forward to meeting Him in person and seeing Him as He is.