IGNORED

The Book of Life

Guest agua

What does it mean to have one's name blotted out of the book of life?

Revelation 20

15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Ok, but how does this explain what the Book of Life is and what it means that names are blotted out?

I suppose it defines the Book as a book of the living. If ones name is found in that book, they will never suffer death. If ones name is blotted out from it's pages, that individual is basically banned from ever entering the Kingdom of Heaven. Eternal death in the Lake of Fire.

That person blotted out was never a Christian to start with.

That's true.

What is your view of this passage? Apparently they weren't christians either, but deep down in their hearts they thought they were. Do you think they believed their names would never be blotted out of The Book of Life?

Matthew 7

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

What does it mean to have one's name blotted out of the book of life?

Revelation 20

15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Ok, but how does this explain what the Book of Life is and what it means that names are blotted out?

I suppose it defines the Book as a book of the living. If ones name is found in that book, they will never suffer death. If ones name is blotted out from it's pages, that individual is basically banned from ever entering the Kingdom of Heaven. Eternal death in the Lake of Fire.

That person blotted out was never a Christian to start with.

That's true.

What is your view of this passage? Apparently they weren't christians either, but deep down in their hearts they thought they were. Do you think they believed their names would never be blotted out of The Book of Life?

Matthew 7

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,247
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I believe this mystery kept from our minds, for now, by the greatness of His truth which is hinted at here

Matt 13:11-13

11 He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12 For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.

NKJV

Love Steven

What mystery?

but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.

What can be taken away from nothing?

(Rev 3:5 KJVA) He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

(Rev 22:19 KJVA) And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Do these scriptures mean a believer can lose salvation?

I appologize for getting so far from your post Agua! Love Steven

I appologize for getting so far from your post Agua! Love Steven

No problem Steven.Knock yourself out,there is plenty of room lol.

(ps..knock yourself out=feel free)

Okay :thumbsup: ow this is really painful :)

We are warned about being deceived yes.But i don't believe the elect can be.

Mat 24:24 NASB

(24) "For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.It is sorta like keeping the elect diligent and aware?

I don't believe the Elect can be deceived either. But remember that the Word says, "For many are called but few are chosen", and "The gate is narrow and there are few who find it".

Do you think those mentioned in Matthew 7:21 truly believed they where counted among the Elect?

That's something to think about.

I wonder if someone who has been sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise could possibly be deceived to become an unbeliever?

Eph 1:13-14 NASB

(13) In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation--having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,

(14) who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.

That's a hard question. Another question is, does anyone really know for sure, beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are sealed with the Holy Spirit? Just saying it doesn't make it fact. When Paul was talking about those where cut off and those who were grafted in, he said if God didn't spare the natural branches, He might not spare you either.

People need to pay attention to those words. These are warnings that shouldn't be ignored. Sadly, many people do ignore them.

Could Matthew 7:21-23 and the parable of the ten virgins also be to keep the elect alert?Maybe they do not actually mean a believer can be lost.

Maybe their purpose is to keep the elect on the narrow path following Jesus and becoming Christlike..

That's exactly what they are. Warnings about becoming complacent in our walk and beliefs. I think many people take their salvation for granted. They base their walk on just a couple verses. They find a verse that states that they're saved and they hang on to that one verse and ignore everything else.

That's dangerous.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Is it possible no names will be blotted out of the book of life and this is only a warning?By "only" I do not mean it to be taken lightly.

:huh: Do you know the Lord to make threats He doesn't mean?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

(Rev 3:5 KJVA) He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

(Rev 22:19 KJVA) And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Do these scriptures mean a believer can lose salvation?

No, I think it means that we are not supposed to change or add to or take away from the scripture.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Is it possible no names will be blotted out of the book of life and this is only a warning?By "only" I do not mean it to be taken lightly.

:emot-pray: Do you know the Lord to make threats He doesn't mean.

Oh Neb, what we would we do without the Lord.

It's still morning where I live and I still have the day ahead of me where I know I am in the company of Jesus and have the Holy Spirit working in me, if I only would realize that all the time, life would be so much nicer, because we don't have to worry about anything for the future,there's a better place waiting!

How's your day looking today?

I have to go for a lung ct scan and might as well do some shopping at the same time.

Now I will start the day by letting the dogs out and feed them,

bye :huh:

Just a note to say "HI" and hope you have a good day in the Lord!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:huh: Thanks angels!