~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

What would you do with it? A friend of mine that is Muslim gave me a Qu'ran. I don't want to read it. It's sitting outside because I don't want it in my house. What would you do with it?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

If you are not gonna read it...throw it away. What would you do with any other book you didn't wanna read? :blink:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I'd politely explain to them that there is no Truth apart from the Way, the Truth, and the Life and that I was not interested. If they insisted that I keep it. I would burn it outside in the firepit and as it burned I would rebuke the darkness and deception and ask the Lord to release the person from the Bondage of Islam. I would ask the Lord to open their eye's to the Truth and that this false word would fall harmlessly to the ground and that God's Word would be lifted up in their life.

I have actually done this with some Watch Tower materials that someone gave me and that I had witnessed to recently.

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Read it if you are interested in learning about the Muslim faith, or if you have a reason for wanting to know more. If not give it to a Muslim you might know.

Why would you not want to read it for information purposes? You love Jesus, you have a strong faith, it can't dent that faith if you walk in His grace.

Don't obsess about it, read it, or give it away, it's just a book.

Blessings

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/08/1964

I would politely tell the person thank you but no thank you and that I am a Christian. Then give them back the book telling them that the Bible is the only True Holy Book. And it is all I need.

• Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/08/1964

I'd politely explain to them that there is no Truth apart from the Way, the Truth, and the Life and that I was not interested. If they insisted that I keep it. I would burn it outside in the firepit and as it burned I would rebuke the darkness and deception and ask the Lord to release the person from the Bondage of Islam. I would ask the Lord to open their eye's to the Truth and that this false word would fall harmlessly to the ground and that God's Word would be lifted up in their life.

I have actually done this with some Watch Tower materials that someone gave me and that I had witnessed to recently.

Peace,

Dave

Amen :blink:

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  234
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/16/1978

Well, i don't see anything wrong with reading it for educational purposes. How can we witness to Muslims when we don't know their book? You know the Truth and you have no reason to be afraid of the Quran . It is a book written by (misguided) men.

But if you feel so uncomfortable that you are afraid of bringing it into your home then just throw it away anf forget about it. It is no big deal at the end of the day.

It is just another book. Nothing more, nothing less. So throw it away and forget about it ... but don't let it scare you or occupy too much of your thoughts...

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

What would you do with it? A friend of mine that is Muslim gave me a Qu'ran. I don't want to read it. It's sitting outside because I don't want it in my house. What would you do with it?

I would highlight the verses and chapters that teaches to kill Chrisitians and Jews and return it to the person asking about them and see the look on their face. Then I would tell them God would never order the destruction of HIS creation. That should open a way to share the Gospel of Jesus... if not, what else can you do?

Then I would throw it out.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

It is just a book but I think I would be tempted to hand the person a bible and say you read this and I'll read yours. And then ask questions as the weeks go on asking what books have you read etc. As its been pointed out you could learn how their book isn't peaceful nor does it offer anything in the way of eternal life, no real Savior, stuff like that. But thats just me. :blink:

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  234
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/16/1978

It is just a book but I think I would be tempted to hand the person a bible and say you read this and I'll read yours. And then ask questions as the weeks go on asking what books have you read etc. As its been pointed out you could learn how their book isn't peaceful nor does it offer anything in the way of eternal life, no real Savior, stuff like that. But thats just me. :24:

That is exactly what we have been doing over here with our network for evangelizing Muslims and you would be surprised at the number of Muslims who came to Christ! And we usually suggest they start with the Gospel according to John because it is really answers the question of who Jesus is.

Interestingly, the parts that discuss Jesus in the Quran are so contradictory that the Islamic argument that Jesus is only a prophet gets defeated by the Quran itself... :blink:

There is a ex-Muslim scholar and imam from my country of origin who is now a preacher and evangelist who is really good at using the Quran to demonstrate that Jesus can only be God.

Great suggestion...

But of course, O'rel you have to go with what you feel God wants you to do on this. :24: