IGNORED

Sincere question

Matthitjah

Guest lovinghim4ever
Didn't God promise Abraham that he would save Sodom and Gomorrah for the sake of a very few?

Perhaps this disaster has nothing to do with God and occured because of the greed of man...through their free will following their own greed.

In the end, none of us know if this is of God or not. As to our prayers..God hears us but in the end will do as he wills.

:noidea::huh::foot-stomp:

Just because this happened near the United States, it doesn't automatically mean God is passing judgment on this country. BP is a worldwide supplier.

The oil leak is in the Gulf of Mexico, but there are ocean currents that could carry that oil around the world.

Maybe God is passing judgment on the world as a whole.

Or maybe He's going after BP.

Or maybe it was just an unfortunate accident.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

God is God and He knows what's happening and why it is happening.

Hallelujah!

:emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

None of that answers my questions though. :noidea:

I haven't stated that God is Judging America with this oil spill either.

I've asked what happens if His answer to prayer in this instance is, No.

I also asked if there is precedence, scripturally speaking, for this and what the ramifications of God answering, No, are.

How many Christians in this Nation do you think are praying daily for the Lord to assist us? What got me thinking about this is that the matter keeps getting worse. :huh: Maybe the answer is, No. Then what are the ramifications of that? is there precedence for that situation and what were the circumstances when we saw this happen in scripture?

peace,

dave

I believe that the effectual fervent prayers of the Righteous man availeth much. Unless they aren't in accords with Gods will. Then we get a, No.

I guess what I'm getting at is what does the, No, mean? In what other circumstances has the, No, in a National crisis been given in scripture?

peace,

dave

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,076
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

In the written prayer request I posted about this in the Prayer Forum, I didn't copy the the first part of the memo because not all of us agree on the prophetic.

But before the written prayer, the author wrote this:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Intercession about the BP Oil Spill

June 5th, 2010

I have seen little coming from prophetic and intercessory sectors of the Body of Christ about the BP oil spill in the Gulf. I hope it is not indicative of a decline into the conditions depicted in Isaiah 56:10. It is my conviction that churches and Christians throughout America are obligated to intercede about the situation. Without God

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I didn't say that God had anything at all to do with the oil spill. I'm asking what the ramifications are and if there is Biblical example for God saying, No. :emot-hug: I the times that He said, No, what was happening?

Off the top of my head - the people were in deep sin.

I believe we've been living off of borrowed time for years.

If not that, Dave, I don't know what. :noidea:

I didn't say that God had anything at all to do with the oil spill. I'm asking what the ramifications are and if there is Biblical example for God saying, No. :emot-hug: I the times that He said, No, what was happening?

Off the top of my head - the people were in deep sin.

I believe we've been living off of borrowed time for years.

If not that, Dave, I don't know what. :noidea:

I wasn't talking about your posts sister. I believe that your on the right track.

Here's the thing I've been careful not to do in thsi thread and that is to say that the U.S. is coming under Judgment because I don't know that for a fact, but I have eyes to see. :whistling:

The problem with stating the obvious is that folks get easily offended because it's their country. I don't blame them because I personally don't want to wrestle with that thought either. However, I have been because we can't just simply lie to ourselves.

I read this recently and then wrestled with it for days. :24:

Eze

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

In the written prayer request I posted about this in the Prayer Forum, I didn't copy the the first part of the memo because not all of us agree on the prophetic.

But before the written prayer, the author wrote this:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Intercession about the BP Oil Spill

June 5th, 2010

I have seen little coming from prophetic and intercessory sectors of the Body of Christ about the BP oil spill in the Gulf. I hope it is not indicative of a decline into the conditions depicted in Isaiah 56:10. It is my conviction that churches and Christians throughout America are obligated to intercede about the situation. Without God

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

The reason we might not feel like were under Judgment is because God is merciful even in Judgment and it begins in stages.

peace,

dave

History has shown us that the majority ignores the warning signs. That's why there are "stages" as you call them. In the days of Noah, people were too busy having a good time, living their lives for themselves, planning for their futures to stop and listen to one solitary old man who was hammering away in his back yard. and those people were given several years to "hear."

So, what happens if God says no? Then nations are maneuvered (the book of Joel is a perfect example of God positioning nations), put in place as is written, and the countdown commences.

Besides - don't think it's a matter of whether or not God will say no. He has told us repeatedly how to live, even gave us His word as a blueprint. He has repeatedly sent forth his messengers, his servants, to reach the lost to hear His word. This is a matter of our response to Him, and not the other way around. As yod said elsewhere, "we're in deep."

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

How much do God's words regarding Israel have to do with a nation and it's people - 'I will bless them that bless thee and curse them that curse thee.' When a nation and it's people turn on Israel they suffer the wrath of Almighty God, and it starts from the top down.

Why are so many Jews returning home to their land just as God said that they would ?

Is God's protective hand removed because the nation, it's leaders and people have turned against Israel ?

Edited by Littlelambseativy