• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Sometimes, with people on the boards, people I pray with, the kids at youth group, and many others I have come across in my life. I find my self striving to fix all there problems, keep them on the straight and narrow, and lead them to Christ with all my heart. Not that this is a bad thing, the thing is I pour my heart into this, to the point that I take the whole world on my shoulders.

Every time someone that I have ministered to, falls away from the path, does something that I warned them about and wind up getting hurt, it tears me up. I feel that maybe I could have done something better, spoke into their life more firmly, or more lovingly, something I could do to save them. I really was torn up when I first left to join the Youth With A Mission Base, long term. I had so many kids I had been pouring into.

Thats when the Lord told me something that I will never forget but I sometimes fail to remember, if that makes any sense. He told me "Isaiah, remember its not your job to save these people. I am the Saviour, you are not."

Thats when I realized that its my job to lead people to the water of life, but I cannot make them drink. Its up to the Lord to make them thirst!

I am still called to disciple and train and be a witness, and minister. But I am not called to be Jesus. Only lead others to him, and to tell them truth, in love. What they do with the truth, is between them and the Lord.

The Lord has been gently reminding me of this lately. So I will keep discipling, keep training, keep ministering and always be a witness. But leave the results to the Lord and and not take it personally.

So to everyone else, I remind. Remember that the Lord is the Savior, not us!

-Isaiah-

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Amen :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Isaiah 6:8, it is very true that none of us is the savior, for there is only one savior and he is Jesus Christ.

I remember my pastor awhile back telling us in one of his sermons "Don't look up to me like I am God or Jesus, because you will be greatly disappointed. I'm not without sin, I sometimes stumble and I need your support an Love to pick myself back up."

Sometimes people forget that those that minister are human like the rest of us, they need our support, Love and they need us to help them to be accountable, like we all need to be accountable.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,043
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  237
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:b::o:P it is a sign of a loving and caring heart ........ :taped:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Sometimes, with people on the boards, people I pray with, the kids at youth group, and many others I have come across in my life. I find my self striving to fix all there problems, keep them on the straight and narrow, and lead them to Christ with all my heart. Not that this is a bad thing, the thing is I pour my heart into this, to the point that I take the whole world on my shoulders.

Every time someone that I have ministered to, falls away from the path, does something that I warned them about and wind up getting hurt, it tears me up. I feel that maybe I could have done something better, spoke into their life more firmly, or more lovingly, something I could do to save them. I really was torn up when I first left to join the Youth With A Mission Base, long term. I had so many kids I had been pouring into.

Thats when the Lord told me something that I will never forget but I sometimes fail to remember, if that makes any sense. He told me "Isaiah, remember its not your job to save these people. I am the Saviour, you are not."

Thats when I realized that its my job to lead people to the water of life, but I cannot make them drink. Its up to the Lord to make them thirst!

I am still called to disciple and train and be a witness, and minister. But I am not called to be Jesus. Only lead others to him, and to tell them truth, in love. What they do with the truth, is between them and the Lord.

The Lord has been gently reminding me of this lately. So I will keep discipling, keep training, keep ministering and always be a witness. But leave the results to the Lord and and not take it personally.

So to everyone else, I remind. Remember that the Lord is the Savior, not us!

-Isaiah-

Hey,

1 Corinthians 11:1--BE YE followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Apostle Paul said, to follow his example as he himself follows the example of Christ.

This is all we can do is to follow the example of Christ and hope that others will follow our example as we do follow Christ.

One thing that we can know of those who get into trouble or turn aside that is painful for us to see and makes us question ourselves what could we have done to prevent it. You got to know every person that you've ministered to has been effected with the gospel whether that person continues in Christ or not one thing for sure the seeds of the Word have been planted. bless you in your work for our Lord.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Job well done, faithful servant.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1