• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/06/1994

Hey guys, I just got a new power cord for my lap top, so I can go on worthy again! I have a concern and a question about doubt. I have a concern because right now I have had some trials with doubt and I am honestly trying to get through them as quickly as possible and as best as i can but first i want to know a little bit more about this experience and how to get the most out of it.

So why exactly would God want me to go through these trials?

and do you guys have any advice on how to go about this matter as safe and quickly as possible? testimonies even. Anything helps. :)

~Lilly

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,862
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  228
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:emot-hug: everyone has doubts about things all the time ...yes even faith , if you have never questioned anything how can you KNOW it is right ?? :noidea:

You cannot get through things " quickly " as if it is a nasty food that you have been told to eat, if you have questions you need answers and if you " skim " them you will have no depth.

However without more information on what you are doubting you will get vague or unhelpful answers for the most part ...after all you may be doubting that the word is round or the sky is up :whistling::whistling::whistling::emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hey guys, I just got a new power cord for my lap top, so I can go on worthy again!

Welcome back! :emot-hug:

I have a concern and a question about doubt. I have a concern because right now I have had some trials with doubt and I am honestly trying to get through them as quickly as possible and as best as i can but first i want to know a little bit more about this experience and how to get the most out of it.

Challenges are thrown out at us to make us grow. :wub:

I remember in college having doubt problems on account of what my teachers had said regarding archeology not matching up with the Biblical record.

Instead of mulling this over on my own, I took this to the Lord. As I was pouring out my heart to Him, I was recalling my walk with Him, the times He showed Himself faithful, the times He showed Himself real, the times I felt His presence. Finally I decided, "I don't care what this stuff says, I'm going to keep believing in You!"

A few days later, talking about what the teachers had been saying with some friends, one of them pointed out some logical fallacies with the teachers' claims - like why would an Egyptian pharaoh carve the memory of the Exodus in stone?

The point being that I "overcame the accuser by . . . the word of my testimony," and the Lord then provided me with something tangible to ease my mind.

I don't know what doubt you are going through, but I encourage you to communicate what you are going through to the Lord. :wub:

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Doubt is not necessarily a bad thing. Thomas doubted and Jesus did not rebuke him for it.

Jude 22 says "Be merciful to those who doubt."

You cannot develope compassion without the existence of suffering, and you cannot develope true faith without experiencing doubt.

There are times God allows doubt in our lives in order to help us toward the greater good of spiritual education. Spiritual character gets formed through hardship, overcoming obstacles, and enduring despite difficulties.

Doubt makes you search harder for the answers. It will mature you. Afterall, this life is for training and preparation for eternity.

Hey guys, I just got a new power cord for my lap top, so I can go on worthy again! I have a concern and a question about doubt. I have a concern because right now I have had some trials with doubt and I am honestly trying to get through them as quickly as possible and as best as i can but first i want to know a little bit more about this experience and how to get the most out of it.

and do you guys have any advice on how to go about this matter as safe and quickly as possible? testimonies even. Anything helps. :)

~Lilly

Hi, I'm new to this but I read your post. I doubt sometimes to. But the way I see it is if I didn't have any trials or troubles I wouldn't need God right? I don't believe he causes my trials and troubles but I think he lets them happen so I need him. Just my thought.

Bug

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

~Lilly

I believe that we face trials to prepare us for things ahead. Trials have a wisdom filled way of "seasoning" us.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

There are no doubts. However there is a transition period till God and Jesus is fully accepted.

Blessings

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

name='time-keeper' timestamp='1281633984' post='1591254

Satan who is the accuser of the brethren is the one who has put our faith on trial in the hopes that we would cast our faith aside. But we have an advocate with the Father who is Jesus. For Jesus is our laywer and is right there with us inside of the court room pleading our case in how our sins ( transgressions or tresspasses)

have been washed away by the shed blood of Christ. We are innocent of any charges brought up against us but we are to earnestly contend for our faith.

Instructions are given in James 1 concerning trials and tribulation and if you continue to read in the book of James you will find out that it is not God who brings temptation into our lives. Knowing these thing we have to put on the armour of God in Ephesians 6