WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

Personally, I think it is time to MOP up this mess.

Very interesting; I had no idea this type of thing existed. From the article, it appears this bomb can create a crater as deep and large as a good-sized asteroid......:blink:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

The MOP was just constructed and is supposed to be finished now or in the near future. Being a new government defense mechanism, the finality of it is still secret. We never had the ability, besides nuclear, to touch such underground installments before. I believe this device was developed for the Iranian offensive.

The MOP was just constructed and is supposed to be finished now or in the near future. Being a new government defense mechanism, the finality of it is still secret. We never had the ability, besides nuclear, to touch such underground installments before. I believe this device was developed for the Iranian offensive.

Logically speaking, it would appear you're correct. I can't think of any other situation where this type of ordinance would be needed at the moment. I'm wondering if Israel has access to these bombs? My guess would be yes.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

Logically speaking, it would appear you're correct. I can't think of any other situation where this type of ordinance would be needed at the moment. I'm wondering if Israel has access to these bombs? My guess would be yes.

As of last last year, they requested them, but were denied. Early this year, there was a hint that they would get them. My guess is that they have them, but not by means of public admission, hoping that this would keep the US out of the Iranian attack. I do so hope that our government is not that far gone to not give them to Israel. If we withheld this armament from them, it would be like telling them they have to use their Nukes, which is not in anyone's best interest.

It has been an interesting development to watch unfold, and an interest of mine.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, the 'peace, love, harmony' thing doesn't apply to the insane Iranian government at all.

Tell that to Nancy Pelosi and the UN and et al. :rolleyes:

If it's a conspiracy theory then why not post it in the 'Conspiracy.or is it' forum?

I said I didn't want to initiate it.

Actually, all you have to do is recall the "conspiracy" debates and you'll see my opinions scattered in their somewhere.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Think about it- these troops aren't coming home, putting their feet up and sitting around in circles telling old war stories to pass the time. Many are going straight to Afghanistan and the rest are going home for a bit for a little rest and a train up for the invasion of Iran. The plans have been in place for years, being revised and refined as new "intelligence" comes in.

OK, I am confused on a couple of points with this thought.

1. Wouldn't it be easier to send them to Iran from Iraq?

2. If we've only got a week, aren't they running a bit late?

1. Yes it would be, but because the Bush Administration fouled up the Afghanistan missions and shifted his attentions to Iraq in the middle of it all, the US still has to deal with resistance in Afghanistan that has picked up incredibly and increasingly over the past year or so. It would have been tactically beautiful to launch into Iran from Iraq, but due to unfinished business in Afghanistan, and losing roughly half of our forces during the draw down of the mid-1990's, we're left without that luxury. We simply do not have the numbers needed in terms of personnel or equipment (much of it left ragged and horridly damaged after 9 years of constant war) to take care of Afghanistan and build a force in size and scope which could handle a ground invasion into Iran.

Now, concerning all this talk about a ground invasion of Iran as opposed to precision air strikes, there should be no doubt that Iran has been preparing for a sustained air campaign led by the US. They have taken steps to limit damage to their military and nuclear infrastructure. Iran is a modern nation and no one should have images of Afghanistan in their heads when thinking about Iran. This is no backwoods (or backsand, rather) jerkwater, third world country. In many ways, it's very modern and you can bet that an air campaign will do little damage to it's resources. Even compared with Iraq, Iran would be described as ultra modern in terms of military and civil capabilities.

There is no doubt that a ground invasion would eventually begin into Iran. To accomplish that without the result being a complete annihilation suffered by the US, we would have to build up the invasion force to a scale on par with the first Gulf War, except this time, it won't be with the help of the nations that went into Iraq in 1991- it would be pretty much just the US, much like the invasion of Iraq in 2003. When we invaded Iraq, it was against a nation that had been virtually stripped of it's defensive capabilities over the course of over ten years, which also included massive sanctions during that period. Iraq has been surviving with the US and the UN's collective foot on their throat for over a decade by the time the US invaded in 2003. For all intents and purposes, there was practically little left to fight while going in. This isn't to say it was a cake walk by any stretch of the imagination, and if anyone's been paying attention for the past year or so, we haven't even finished the job yet. We're simply declaring that we won and pulling our troops out, that is all.

Iran, in contrast, has been quite a different story altogether. They have been steadily building their military, their infrastructure, their grip on their population, their finances (through deals with Russia, China, and many others, either through legal or illegal deals) and have a much larger military that is trained, equipped, and worst of all, motivated through years of constant media control and religious indoctrination. In terms of capabilities, this one is gonna be a bummer for us.

In comparison with the invasion of Iraq, this one is gonna hurt. If you think we've had it rough in Iraq, pull up a chair, pop a top off yer drink, and get ready for a show. The bad thing is that some of you (ahh, it's soooo good to say that now that I'm retired) will be the main actors, along with your children. YOU will be the ones walking straight into that meat grinder over there this time. I'm telling you now, if you have any doubts as to the horrors you and yours will face over there, you better take a good hard look at all the evidence for your convictions and truly be up for the cause. You better take a good hard look at the evidence that your government is presenting to you before making your decision that will undoubtedly change your very existence from the inside out. I'm not trying to scare anyone out of doing what they feel is right, but there's no worse feeling than to take lives and then realize years later that the reasons you took them for might not be completely what you thought they were.

The message is simple: whether you are fully aware of it or not, you are being lied to. Evidence is being left out, turned on it's side, propped up ever so subtly, and rearranged so that you will have no other thought in mind than to go over there and make things right. I lay my reputation that I have built on Worthy over the past 7 years or so, and my soul before the Lord on that statement. Y'all can take it anyway you want but no matter how informed you may think you are, you don't know half the story, none of us do really. I think there's inherent evil in the world, but I don't think it's exclusive to whoever the US deems it to be.

All I'm saying is that making a completely informed decision on this stuff is virtually impossible, so you are left with your own common sense and wisdom you have learned from life and from within the Bible. Think things out, try to make sense of them. Connect the dots, as seems to be the popular saying these days. See where these bits and shreds of imformation take you, and really question the things that just don't make sense.

You have but one life. Before you place it on the line for a government led by an administration most of you don't trust as far as you could throw it up from your gut, take a hard look at the evidence for war. Any war.

2. Yeah, they are running a little late of the stated deadline, but moving that many people and things takes a lot of everything we are short of right now. But, since we've been pulling people and equipment now for over two years anyway, a week or two isn't so bad in the scheme of things. The only reason we're seeing any of this on the news is so Obama can grab a couple of cool points by saying he did what he promised and the fact that this was the week they put out in the news that the last combat troops would be pulled out in. What he's not saying is that Bush began the withdrawal about a year before Obama took office, but y'all knew about all that anyway, right? Either way, it doesn't matter. Neither one is running the show- satan is.

t.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

As of last last year, they requested them, but were denied. Early this year, there was a hint that they would get them. My guess is that they have them, but not by means of public admission, hoping that this would keep the US out of the Iranian attack. I do so hope that our government is not that far gone to not give them to Israel. If we withheld this armament from them, it would be like telling them they have to use their Nukes, which is not in anyone's best interest.

It has been an interesting development to watch unfold, and an interest of mine.

Psst, Israel already has them....

Betcha a cookie :)

t.

Personally, I think it is time to MOP up this mess.

:24: :24: :24:

Amen!

.... [url=http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/mopping-up-the-usas-30000-pound-bomb-03172/]Unlike the MOAB, however, this project's goal is a GPS-guided, penetrating weapon that can be carried aboard B-52 Stratofortress or B-2 Spirit bombers to defeat "a specialized set of hard and deeply buried targets" like bunkers and tunnel facilities. Some graphics show expectations of over 60 feet of concrete destroyed, and a USAF article stated that the bomb was meant to penetrate 200 feet underground before exploding.

The reasons for developing those capabilities include advancing trends.....

"The threats have been developing over the years

Psst, Israel already has them....

Betcha a cookie :)

t.

I'll see that cookie and raise you a Ho Ho; I'm convinced that Israel has them and probably helped develop them.

Well, the 'peace, love, harmony' thing doesn't apply to the insane Iranian government at all.

Tell that to Nancy Pelosi and the UN and et al. :rolleyes:

If it's a conspiracy theory then why not post it in the 'Conspiracy.or is it' forum?

I said I didn't want to initiate it.

Actually, all you have to do is recall the "conspiracy" debates and you'll see my opinions scattered in their somewhere.

Well, it's not like you to hold back on stating what you mean, Neb (and I mean that as a plus). In the end Pelosi and the U.N. and others like them will be chaff in the wind. This Iranian situation may very well spark the war that everyone knows is the beginning of the end. There are lots of Russians in Iran right now; if a bunch of them were killed, who knows? I see Persia, Syria, Russia, Lebanon and Turkey all agitating at the same time. It sure looks like what is foretold to me. Or...I could be wrong and this is just a prelude. Time will tell.