IGNORED

Why is it so hard to Find the right church?

Jwalker

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/06/1985

It seems everytime I look into a church there is something to be said about it.....why can we just learn and preach the bible!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

It seems everytime I look into a church there is something to be said about it.....why can we just learn and preach the bible!

Everything is suppose to be lead by the spirit of God. I remembered as I began my journey for a church home, I would always pray for God to reveal if this was the place for me to set down roots (not man BUT God). My search didn't take long, due to the fact I knew nothing about being saved and filled with the Holy Ghost. I was raised in the CME church as a child, but as I grow up, on my own, I grew away from the Christian values taught and the little I knew about Christ.

Yet my longing soul thirst for salvation that only through Christ can bring. So I was upfront with Him, told Him I knew nothing about His plan for my life, yet believed His word and the little that I did know about Him. I visit churches with no pressure to join, because I ask Him to show and put a stamp on the church. Everything I asked was revealed, because I put God the CEO in charge to provide what I needed.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

They are run by humans in physical terms

Blessings

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I struggled for a while after I moved to find a good church, I tried a few, though some where better than others, I wasn't growing in any of them. After the Lord used some bad situations to bring me to a Church, I got put on light duty at my work, and that gave me time to search for a church. I kept asking people and they where dry when they told me about their church, then I remembered a while back someone invited me to go to a messianic congregation, She was onfire, for the Lord, right when I started thinking about that, she walked in my work to shop, I asked her what church that was, and I've been hooked ever since.

Pray, We need to be in a place where we can be on fire for the Lord, to feel his presence, we all need a Church we can grow in. Pray the Lord will lead you to a good one.

Keep praying and be lead by His Spirit, He will lead you to a place where you'll be fed.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

It IS hard to find a church that teaches just Jesus and salvation. They all seem to want to have a 'theme' and extracurricular activities; this making about 75% of what they're about. I don't WANT Disney Day, Rodeo Day, Marriage is Meant to Last Day, Is God Your Valentine? Day, Easter in Jerusalem Day or ANY of that! Church is not a theme park nor a podium for the latest motivational speaker. I'm totally turned off by these things. :huh:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

www.aloha.net

No matter where we choose to settle down in a church it will be knowing the truths in the scripture for ourselves that will keep us from going astray from the truths found in scripture over to following false doctrines a lie. As we are able to know truth from a lie we don't follow what is being taught in the church of your choice. All of the false teachings are intended for the congregation to do and to follow them faithfully, but yet they themselves don't follow their own teachings. We are instructed not to do after their works, so there is safety, value, and a safe guard in knowing the scripture that will keep us on the straight and narrow path keeping our feet from being snared....

Matthew 23:2....

Hebrews 12:22-24 But ye are come unto mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, vs. 23) To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, vs. 24) And to Jesus the mediater of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of

Abel

Wish you well in your search for a church.

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

It is indeed very hard to find a good church these days. So many churches have gone "purpose driven," "emergent" and "seeker-sensitive." And thanks to people like Glenn Beck and Jim Wallis, there is now a huge movement to hold hands with other religions and cults and sing "Kumbaya."

I think the great "falling away" has now turned into an avalanche.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,713
  • Content Per Day:  8.03
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It seems every time I look into a church there is something to be said about it.....why can we just learn and preach the bible!

The reality that will prevail in these last days of increasing wickedness:

The purity of The Bride that is for The Son.... may it begin in all of us to desire that which is not pure to be first removed from us so as by example we to others will be... if in this truth I find nothing left but Him, that is within me, I will know that I bring purity to the body of His Church... Scripture itself builds a house where we worship in a place we are not yet come but live as though we are already there and faith is the only vehicle we can use to get there... in order that if I give everything (all that I consider I have) I still will consider I have given nothing for that which I consider everything is not yet here... this is why we are aliens in this world it is comprised of here and now and we know that is passing away for it is reserved for fire and it's wrongness is why we cannot join with it. We are on every side engaged with an enemy that would destroy us and yet we remain *knowing that which is not seen* as though no completion we have seen it completed. I know that All He has promised will be as exactly as He has said. NOW in the fires of this purity will rise up His Wife and she will say even so Lord Come Quickly for I am made chaste by Your Word alone and nothing can take me but You alone because we are the witness of His of own making. This Church can only be found when we are willing to say I DO to the sacrifice of one's self -as for the rest around me I am to be seen as His alone in service to you alone..... Love Steven

John 15:11-17

11 "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 17 These things I command you, that you love one another.

NKJV

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/06/1985

It is indeed very hard to find a good church these days. So many churches have gone "purpose driven," "emergent" and "seeker-sensitive." And thanks to people like Glenn Beck and Jim Wallis, there is now a huge movement to hold hands with other religions and cults and sing "Kumbaya."

I think the great "falling away" has now turned into an avalanche.

Amen on that! I can only Pray Glenn and Jim find that solid foundation known as Jesus!