• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

His way = leads to grace/works/baptism/circumcision/ and many more

His will = leads to Calvinism/Armianism/healing/gifts/universalism/and many more

His nature = leads to Trinity/Oneness/ and others

Just sayin....... :whistling:

:sneaking:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

If I can expound on all mysteries and have all knowledge but have not love. . . .

How many times did Jesus speak about right thinking?

• Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

I guess I"m not getting what you're saying exactly.

We come to this discussion board to discuss. And, in my opinion, it's mostly done in love. I think more "love" is shown in public, on the street, at work, etc, because we're not going over "line upon line, precept upon precept," but are, hopefully, being His hands and feet.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

In all honesty, what we discuss and debate is our understanding of scripture, not scripture itself. I say this because scripture does not contradict itself, so the contradictions come from our understanding. Though it could be done more gracefully and with more love for one another, we are not perfect, as in having a bad day or taking what someone said wrong. Sometimes it is taking what people say correctly, but allowing their words to have power over how we feel. We are all a work in progress!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

If I can expound on all mysteries and have all knowledge but have not love. . . .

The New Testament does tell us to correct a brother in love too Neb, not to ignore false stuff.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

What if Christians expressed as much concern over or more concern over - are we loving each other? - as much as we are concerned with - is our theology correct? What if we talked more about love (and I don't mean what people call love that amounts to compromising) than we did the basics of what we are supposed to believe?

There would be less division and when correction was needed it would be taken better.

:emot-heartbeat:

That bold part is often overlooked. Folks facing correction sometimes let pride get in the way of hearing the one correcting them.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

How much more productive would it be to instead of arguing our own perspectives, doctrines, focuses et al, we simply gather together to discuss and learn His ways, His will and His nature.

:emot-highfive:

Now there's an idea ! ^5

There still needs to be a time for correction and discipline though.When does this happen?

Are correction and discipline supposed to take the priority?

What if Christians expressed as much concern over or more concern over - are we loving each other? - as much as we are concerned with - is our theology correct? What if we talked more about love (and I don't mean what people call love that amounts to compromising) than we did the basics of what we are supposed to believe?

Love = Christ

Christ = "the basics of what we are supposed to believe"

How can they be separated?

The simple solution to all these problems is for the Church to really know Christ. For if we truly know Christ, then we really know the Word of God -- then we really become holy people -- then we really love each other and unbelievers too -- then there will be, ultimately, no divisions in the Church -- and then we, the Church, will become a powerful evangelizing force in this world.

So what can every Christian do? Know Christ deeply and truly, and make him known, who he really is, to other people!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The New Testament does tell us to correct a brother in love too Neb, not to ignore false stuff.

That doesn't answer the question.

And I'm not denying correction where needed.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

There would be less division and when correction was needed it would be taken better.

:emot-heartbeat:

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

God is love, so to understand Him more we need to love more. Jesus was God's love manifested, are we living as an example as He did?

If we spend more time, in prayer, worship and praise, trying to love God with all our hearts souls and minds and understanding His heart, and loving our neighbor as ourselves, than we do worrying about each others theology, then our hearts will be open to where the Spirit is leading rather than what we feel is right. Instead of worrying about how we can prove someone wrong, we should worry about how can we show love through this, and how is God being glorified through this.