• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1969

Let me give you just a bit of background as to what led up to where I'm at today.

I had a good child-hood, raised middle class, my mom took me to church every Sunday. Went through Confirmation, but church attendance faded after that. I had always just assumed, as I was brought up to believe, that when we die we go to heaven, and that's that, unless you were a murderer or something horrific like that.

I have not lived a very Christian life, now that I look back on it. I was never in trouble or anything, but I did party alot. One thing that bothers me alot is, my high-school sweetheart got pregnant our Junior year, and, being young and scared, we had an abortion. I regret that very much.

I joined the Marines right out of high school. When you're not busting your butt, you go out and have a good time. I traveled all over the world. I was a machine-gunner in a combat unit. I served 8 months in Saudi/Kuwait during the Gulf War in 90-91. I am very proud to have served my country, and will always be a Marine at heart, but did things during that time that bother me.

I now have a wife and two great kids, ages 9 and 11. We are very happy together now, though we've been through some rough patches. We have been married almost 11 years. When we met however, she was still married to someone else. Her first marriage was going to end anyway, but I feel guilty as to how we came to be together. She became pregnant and we had our first child before we were married.

I recently read the whole "Left Behind" series. I loved the books, and they are what got me thinking about everything. I am trying to read at least a little bit in the Bible daily now.

Is it too late for me to be saved? This worries me alot.

Sorry this got so long, I didn't know where to start off. A lot of things I said here I haven't talked about with anyone else, but I want to be as honest as I can with everyone.

Steve

Guest Strservant

Steve,

It sounds like the perfect time for you to be saved. Wht you are experiencing right now is conviction. God is convicting you of your sinful ways and calling you to repentance. The great thing about it is is if you will just pray to Him He will take all those things that you just talked about and wash them in the blood of the cross. He is reaching out His hand to you right now Steve. Don't be afraid to take ahold of it and pray to God asking forgiveness for your sins and then asking Him to come into your heart and save you. If you will do that I promise you you will feel like the weight of the world has ben lifted off your shoulders. I will be praying for you that you will let God forgive you.

Respectfully,

Strservant

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  658
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/01/1965

Big Steve, it is never to late to be saved. I didn't except Jesus into my heart until I was a freshman in college.

God's purpose for mankind is to honor, serve, and fellowship with Him.

The bible says "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23

God wants to give you a free gift of salvation. Jesus is standing at the door to your heart right now just waiting for you to hear Him. All you have to do is open up the door to your heart and invite Him in.

Throughout history many ppl have tried many ways to gain or earn eternal life, but every attempt has been unsuccessful. The Bible says:

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8, 9

You cannot buy your way into heaven and doing good deeds will not get you there.

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved." Acts 16:31a

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Romans 10:13

This is God's promise: Eternal Life

Jesus Christ said: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My word, and believeth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." John 5:24

You wanna know how much Jesus loves you? Well, He loves you so much that He went through so much sufferring and pain on the cross for your sins and made away for you to spend eternity with Him in Heaven.

So, choose this day whom you will serve.

If you would like to receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior today then:

Admit that you have sinned against God and ask Him for forgiveness

Believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God who died for you on the cross, rose from the dead and is Lord.

Call upon Jesus Christ to be your Lord and Savior.

If you truly Pray this prayer and mean it in your heart then you've invited Jesus in to have full control over your life and you will be in heaven with Jesus when you die.

You will be in a win win situation.

It would be an honor to have you as a brother in Jesus Christ!!

So, it is never too late to give your life to Jesus!! The neat thing about giving your life to Jesus is that He wipes your slate clean and you get to start over doing things right in your life.

I will pray for you to make the right decision!!

Yukon :cool:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Praise the Lord Steve, He is calling you and you are responding to His call.

I was 30 when I finally accepted the Lord. It is never too late. He is joyful that we accept Him. He desires that all come to Him. Better late than never.

Steve, no matter what sins you have committed, (except the one unforgivable one, and you have not committed that one) He will forgive you of each one. That is how great the gift of salvation is. Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. He can save you, and give you the changed heart in Him. The life in Christ is wonderful.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

HI STEVE, Too late? no, no, Let me explain SALVATION as simply as I can. First of all Salvation is NOT based on WORKS as most of us thought before we became believers, Salvation is based as the BIBLE says on FAITH, WHY? Because GOD wants us to know that we are BORN SINNERS and that if SALVATION was based on WORKS then we would not SEE OURSELVES as SINNERS. Then there was a PRICE that was paid by OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST ON THE CROSS, and GOD wants us to SEE this too! Soooo, SALVATION is a FREE GIFT to us but at HIS COST ( JESUS ) And if SAVATION is now offerd as a FREE GIFT, We must accept it, or reject it. And this is the GOSPEL or what is known as the GOOD NEWS!!. So It's not based on your PAST or your GOOD or BAD DEEDS it's now based on YOUR FAITH and BELIEF IN WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR YOU. :cool: GOD BLESS YOU ........TAKO

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

Steve,

The Only thing I would add to what has already been said. You have 2 young children and God has given YOU the responsibility to raise them up and teach them about HIM. There lives are in your hands Steve, Repent, Turn from sin, Accept the price Christ Jesus payed for you on the Cross. Find a good local church that you are confortable attending and start taking your family. Donot let you kids live a life of unknowing and confusion as you did. The Lord could come back for his church tomorrow Steve, I pray that you and your family will be prepared.

God Bless,

Dave

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

The only time it is too late to be saved is when one is dead. So Steve if your still out there the door is not closed for you. :cool: I can only say give in to the Spirit that is leading you to what you know deep down inside your heart is true. Believe in The Messiah Jesus and Get to know all His teachings. accept him and He will be your savor. ;)

All Praise the Ancient of Days

Guest shadow2b

-Heyyyyyyyyy--Steve--WELCOME TO WORTHY MINISTRIES------First Steve let me say "THANK-YOU"for laying YOUR LIFE-on the line for ME"------THANK YOU STEVE-

I really & Honestly mean that--- YOU & Every marine & every military person that has & IS serving our country--THANK YOU & YOUR Brothers in the Marines--YOU are ONE OF The reasons WHY I Am SO PROUD to be an AMERICAN----YOU have brought honor To your Countrymen--& Instilled a sense of Pride in US----THANK YOU Again Steve--& GOD-BLESS YOU----I PRAISE THE LORD-for keeping you safe & Returning you home to US At Worthy & your loved ones-- ;);):P:P

- I have a nephew in the Marines--He has been in long enough to retire but they talked him into re-upping for another term--I don't know how long that is when you Re-Up any how he is a lt.Col. I Think--Any way he is going to japan in a little while-----O.K. just trying to get to know you & tell you a little bit about myself--so maybe we can relate a lill-bit---I Hope??-- :D:D

-I tend to believe like the other BRothers that have replied to you...GOD is CALLING YOU STEVE-----Calling YOU to stop running from HIM & HIS SON JESUS--

-Steve The Bible Says "There is NO other way to get to heaven OR to SEE GOD--Than Thru JESUS--THE ONLY-BEGOTTEN-SON-OF-GOD"---

-Acts.4.vss.10-11-12--------

-Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus

-Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by

-him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at

-nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there

-salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among

-men, whereby we must be saved.

-Steve IT is SO Simple to say YES to the Lord Who LOVES YOU so much that IF you had been the only person alive on planet earth JESUS would still have died for you----According to the Book of Romans--All you have to do to be saved is Read--BELIEVE & Truly mean the following words-----

-Romans.10.vss.8.Thru.13---------

- But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that

-is, the word of faith, which we preach;That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth

-the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the

-dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness;

-and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith,

-Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.For there is no difference

-between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that

-call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

-Those are such simple words Steve--So simple but they GIVE-YOU Eternal LIFE---

-IT would be an HONOR for me to meet you some day in heaven---I LOOK forward

-to that Very special meeting Steve----GOD-BLESS YOU & MAY THE LORD OUR

-GOD LEAD YOU INTO SALVATION THRU ACCEPTING JESUS--THE ONLY

-BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD AS YOUR PERSONAL SAVIOUR & LORD OF YOUR LIFE---

-IN JESUS HOLY--WONDERFUL--BLESSED--BEAUTIFUL NAME I PRAY----AMEN---

-AMEN--AMEN---

-Steve Let us know When OR IF you haved prayed this prayer or not--I would like to know IF I have a Brand-New-Brother in the LORD---I fully expect to & I Pray you have understood all these replies to you & Will Accept JESUS AS YOUR LORD & SAVIOUR------GOD-BLESS-You-Steve & hang around these boards there are a lot of very caring--loving wise folks on here that Can & will be thrilled to answer Any questions you might have---GOD-BLESS-YOU-STEVE --your Very much looking forward To talking to you--& Expectant new Brother in the LORD--------

---Gary-- :D:cool::P

Guest Angel-Eyes
A pastor told me about one time when his church held a revival. A man rushed into the church after the end of the service and said, "What must I do to be saved?"

The evangelist told him, "You're too late."

The man begged, "Surely there is something I can do to be saved!"

The evangelist repeated, "You're too late. Jesus has already done everything."

Relax, Steve. He's done all the work for you -all you have to do is accept the gift :cool:

Ask Him to be the Lord of your heart and you are already there.

You don't deserve the salvation because of what you've done. It's already yours! Just becasue He loves you.

(Good works are not a way to earn salvation but the result of salvation.)

Try something simple like this : Dear God, I thank you that you sent your only Son, Jesus, to the Earth to reveal yourself to mankind. I thank you, Jesus, for dying on the cross to pay the penalty for my sins. Please forgive me for my sins. I invite you to live in my heart. I ask these things in Jesus name. Amen.

Believe it in your heart when you pray it, and voila - your name is now written in the Lamb's Book of Life and the angels are rejoicing.

:hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  478
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/06/1971

I used to feel that way too, Steve. But if Jesus can save people like my husband and I, He can save anyone! It doesn't matter what you've done, or who you've been, because when you accept Christ, you truly are a new creation! The old things don't apply to you anymore! God bless you Steve. :cool: