kiwi5x

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I really want to pray to God and be saved, but I don't know if I'd mean it, and then I'd start to doubt again. It's like this cylce. I'm so sick of it. :( :( :( I cant take it a nymore!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I had a long period of doubting my salvation. But it was the devil screwing with my mind.

So do this.

"If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord!' and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)

Speak this verse to your soul - say it out loud as if talking to someone, but it is directed to your soul.

Then proclaim, "Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God has raised Him from the dead."

Say it again.

Say it again.

And again.

And again.

Until you no longer feel self-conscious saying it, but it bubbles out of you.

Can you do this?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Here's something for you to read and digest, Kiwi -

If when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

This is again from Jack Kelly's Gracethrufaith

How Do I Get My Faith Back?

Q. I have been saved since I was 11 years old. I am sure of it, I accepted the Lord, and I meant it. However, I have entered periods of doubt over the last four or five years. I think that they came on as a results of what I heard from an atheist. She said I believe in a fantasy, and that I believe in God and Jesus to make myself feel good about dying. I can

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Kiwi - it isn't about feelings. I know you believe what others have said about the need for feelings, but that is not Scriptural.

The question is - do you believe what God says or not?

Consider this, if you tell one little lie, you are a liar. If you "borrowed" something, without having asked for permission, and never returned it, this is called stealing, and that makes you a thief.

Also consider this, sin is more than just deeds, it is also a condition. It's like being born with a genetic disease.

You don't have to "feel" the disease or make the disease worse than it already is in order to be set free. You just have to agree with what God says - you have the disease. Only the blood of Jesus can cleanse you of that.

Now, getting to Heaven is not about being a good person or being a bad person. It's about being born of the Spirit.

But if you are worried about feelings, then ask the Holy Spirit to convict you of your sin(s).

Absolutely! Salvation has to come from the Savior. :)

Well it may help it if you look at this way. It may not be so much that you deserve hell, as much as you Don't deserve heaven.

Heaven is like a glass of pure water. All it takes to ruin it is one drop of cyanide. That one drop will ruing the whole lot, and if you drink it, kill you.

No sin can enter heaven. None. Not one drop. So if you choose not to be accept Jesus as your savior to be cleansed, then you will not be able to enter. There fore you are left with only one other place to go.

Also look at it this way, what if you woke up saddled with a 10 billion, yes billion with a B debt. That is what you are spiritually saddled with a debt that you cannot pay. If you do not pay this debt you may not enter the kingdom of heaven. Now what if, (hypothetically) Bill gates came and paid your debt for you? This is just another example of what Christ did on the cross. This is what you need to accept.

Also the Bible says that if you so much as called someone a fool, you are in the dangers of hell.

Very good analogy, Isaiah. :cool:

I've tried to accept Jesus several times but I always end up back doubting. I want to settle it tonight. I want to accept Jesus and never have to doubt again if he is my savior or not. I've prayed several times so I'm afraid that it's just words coming out. How can I be sure that when I settle it tonight that I mean it and do it right?! I really want to make sure I'm a christian.

Salvation comes from repentance and faith. You must admit you are a sinner, ask for forgivness, be willing to turn from your life of sin, and place your faith in Jesus alone to save you.

Then read your Bible and do what it says.

NEVER trust your "feelings" when it comes to the promise of salvation. The Bible says all who call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Either that is true or God is a liar. Your feelings have nothing to do with it. You must believe that Jesus is who he says he is, and you must believe he did what the Bible says he did on your behalf.

The prayer of salvation is not a bunch of "magic words," it is a crying out to the Creator you've been in rebellion to.

Just remember, there is nothing you have done or ever could do to deserve salvation. God saves you by His grace alone. That's why it's called a "gift" in the Bible. Your desire to be saved comes from God alone. The Bible says it is the Father who draws people to Jesus.

The proof that God wants to save you is your desire to be saved.

Don't put it off - do it now.

Amen to that! :cool:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Kiwi, I prayed for you as I read this thread a couple days ago but didn't comment because you had been given some very good advice and lots of things to ponder and reflect upon in your quest. You came to mind this morning as I was reading this devotion, I wasn't sure I would remember where this thread was but when I logged on I immediately came to it. I hope by now you have found a resolve in your quest for peaceful salvation and are enjoying the rest you get when you surrender all to Him. If you still need confirmation here is the link to the passage I read that laid you on my heart this morning. God bless you and keep you always in His restful peace. http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/daily_disciples/

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

There is nothing that we can do that makes any of us deserving of heaven. But our Father God offers His kingdom to ALL of His followers.

Lord have mercy on me, a sinner. Luke 18:13

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23

We will never feel good enough. But like someone else said, it isn't about feelings. It's about love and obedience.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. Mark 12:30

Your salvation is sealed through the blood of Jesus Christ!

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Praise Him! :wub:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I really want to pray to God and be saved, but I don't know if I'd mean it, and then I'd start to doubt again. It's like this cylce. I'm so sick of it. :( :( :( I cant take it a nymore!!!

I'd like to say the "prayer" doesn't save you. Surrendering your heart to Jesus does. :) He payed the price for all sin, and He loves you! Ask Him for His Holy Spirit, invite Him in as Lord over your life. :)

1 John 3:23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Romans 8:37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.