IGNORED

I'm a sinner, but I'm a good person too.

kiwi5x

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Kiwi, in Gods eyes you can not be a sinner and be considered good. They are mutually exclusive. Gods standards are so high that a person who has sinned can not be considered a "good person".

Can we do things that are good???? Yes, of course........ but in Gods eyes they simply can't count because the sin blots out the goodness.

..... I just dont feel bad for anything I've done. I just want to really accept that I'm a bad person so I can accept Christ and settle it b/c I've accepted him before, but I didnt' really admit my sin debt to God and that I deserve hell. You have to admit you're a sinner before you accept Christ, so someone please help me....

There Is A Way

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

You See

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalms 23:1

Pray

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

In Jesus' Name

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think you need to be feeling guilty to understand it. What it really comes down to is that it is God who saves us whether you feel bad or not. Everyone comes to him in different ways and just because a lot of peole realise their need for a saviour first doesn't mean you will. He reveals things in his own time and whether you understand it or not doesn't change the fact that Jesus died to reconcile us to God. Forget about needing to feel guilty, if you accept Jesus you have been made right with God and he will do the transforming.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

I've talked to you guys about this stuff before and other stuff, but sometimes I'll just get to thinking and so many questions and problems will fill my mind. here's one....

Ok so idk if I'm saved. I know that Jesus died for everyone on the cross so we could go to heaven. I also understand that we are all sinners. I just don't feel like a bad person though. I'll admit that Ive sinned but I'm not a bad person. I don't deserve heaven but I dont understand how I deserve hell. I'm scared though b/c I dont want to go to hell and I want to accept Jesus and make sure I'm saved but first I must realize I'm a sinner and Idk if I've done that b/c I know I've sinned but I don't think I'm a bad person. Can someone help me. I know about the verses about 'theres' none righteous' and 'if you break one of the commandments you're guilty of all' but idk I just dont feel bad for anything I've done. I just want to really accept that I'm a bad person so I can accept Christ and settle it b/c I've accepted him before, but I didnt' really admit my sin debt to God and that I deserve hell. You have to admit you're a sinner before you accept Christ, so someone please help me

you are on the right track. you're seeking. none of us want to think we're a bad person; but when you sincerely start to ask yourself what would God think about all your motives and intentions, God will tell you. if you intentionally decide to be God's person, to love God with all your heart, mind and soul, and to love your neighbor as yourself, well, God will start to help you do that. God deals with us all individually.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I've talked to you guys about this stuff before and other stuff, but sometimes I'll just get to thinking and so many questions and problems will fill my mind. here's one....

Ok so idk if I'm saved. I know that Jesus died for everyone on the cross so we could go to heaven. I also understand that we are all sinners. I just don't feel like a bad person though. I'll admit that Ive sinned but I'm not a bad person. I don't deserve heaven but I dont understand how I deserve hell. I'm scared though b/c I dont want to go to hell and I want to accept Jesus and make sure I'm saved but first I must realize I'm a sinner and Idk if I've done that b/c I know I've sinned but I don't think I'm a bad person. Can someone help me. I know about the verses about 'theres' none righteous' and 'if you break one of the commandments you're guilty of all' but idk I just dont feel bad for anything I've done. I just want to really accept that I'm a bad person so I can accept Christ and settle it b/c I've accepted him before, but I didnt' really admit my sin debt to God and that I deserve hell. You have to admit you're a sinner before you accept Christ, so someone please help me

Do you believe in God? I mean really believe? Do you know deep down in your heart that God exists?

Think about that......................and be honest with yourself.

I believe so but I mean I have my moments of doubt. Like this morning I was thinking why would God send someone to hell for ever and EVER b/c they didn't believe in him, but then it kinda scared me b/c that's what atheists think and say and I dont want to be an atheist. I know God exists though b/c when I look around at creation I know this didn't just happen by chance. I just don't understand why God sends people to hell. I know he is loving AND just, but I just cant comprehend it. I get that sin has to be punished, but in HELL? It sounds so harsh. And I know I don't have to feel guilty about my sins, but I guess I just really want to realize how bad I am, like through God's eyes so I can really see my need for a savior. I'm so tired of this. I also get scared and think what's if I die or Jesus comes back before I figure all of this out!?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I have asked you this before.

Do you attend a church?

Do you fellowship with mature believers?

I agree with Nebula, there is something missing here and you are not going to find it by going around in circles on Worthy.

You need some face to face time with someone who can talk to you and get to the bottom of the problem.

I can tell you that Jesus loves you, and that you live under grace until I am blue in the face, but you need to talk to someone.

Blessings

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I have asked you this before.

Do you attend a church?

Do you fellowship with mature believers?

I agree with Nebula, there is something missing here and you are not going to find it by going around in circles on Worthy.

You need some face to face time with someone who can talk to you and get to the bottom of the problem.

I can tell you that Jesus loves you, and that you live under grace until I am blue in the face, but you need to talk to someone.

Blessings

I go to church, and I've talked to people about my doubts if I was saved or not but not about the other things that I don't understand. I'd feel embarassed, which I know I shouldn't but the only people I'd feel safe to talk to are the ones I talked to about my doubts with and idk It'd just be awkward..I guess? idk the word to use

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/18/1984

I also get scared and think what's if I die or Jesus comes back before I figure all of this out!?

Salvation doesn't depend on knowing why God chose hell as the punishment for sinners.

backwards thinking is really common... but ya see, God didn't choose hell as a punishment for sinners. He chose heaven as a reward for anyone who wanted to accept it.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/18/1984

backwards thinking is really common... but ya see, God didn't choose hell as a punishment for sinners. He chose heaven as a reward for anyone who wanted to accept it.

Amen!!