• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

[quote name='wyguy' timestamProverbs 17:22

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

p='1289862784' post='1622312']

If only we could go back to TV shows like "Leave it to Beaver," "Ozzie and Harriet," "Bonanza." etc.

You and RGR mus be peas in a pod.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I watched Sarah Palin's Alaska last Sunday night. :thumbsup:

"

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I thought "bleep" was a new word.... :whistling:

Music, lets talk about music. I made myself a promise that the next time our local radio played a song with the word "baby' in it I would switch off.

Now I can't listen to the radio anymore. "Baby" this, "baby" that...... sigh

Baby you done me wrong, baby I love you, Oh baby, baby.

Who writes this stuff??????

Let me try.....

Baby, baby (doef, doef....thats the bass....)

Baby, baby I wanna beeep your boodie (doef, doef)

Baby why

Baby why

Baby...(doef, doef)

Baaaabbbeeee (nasal wail)

Money in the bank baby, money in the bank (doef, doef)

sadly, i don't even have to turn on my tv to hear 276 F-words spoken around here... in fact, i think i've heard that word come out of my husband's mouth about that many times in the last two hours alone :(

i'm telling ya, i'd be jumping for joy if i could hear "bleeps" instead of the words he uses.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

sadly, i don't even have to turn on my tv to hear 276 F-words spoken around here... in fact, i think i've heard that word come out of my husband's mouth about that many times in the last two hours alone :(

i'm telling ya, i'd be jumping for joy if i could hear "bleeps" instead of the words he uses.

*HUG*

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I'm in total agreement here. In some of these reality shows like the "Kardashians", so much is bleeped out that there's no reason to watch the show! Apparently, these people are so foul mouthed that no one can tape them without the 'bleeper'. Real class, eh? :whistling: Btw, if my daughters had dared to speak to me like these girls do.......they would still be recovering from the soap in their mouths. I've never seen a mother treated as badly as this one; outside of some sick move, that is.

:emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive: I dare say my boys wouldn't sit down comfortably for a little while!!! :taped:

If only we could go back to TV shows like "Leave it to Beaver," "Ozzie and Harriet," "Bonanza." etc.

*sigh*

My kind of guy!!! Nebula seems to think I'm an oddball apparently as judged by her response, but I'll gladly join your club, Wyguy!!! I still laugh so hard at the utter stupidity of The Beverly Hillbillies. It's stupid, but it's a funny stupid. You don't feel guilty about laughing at it. Jed had like a 5 minute conversation w/ Jethro explaining Granny was trying to "get shed" of them by wanting to send them to Pasadena for "Pasadena Berries." Poor Jethro just didn't get it. He asked Jed should he get buckets for the berries, which led Jed telling him to use his hat. When he told him he no hat, Jed told him "well then get one cuz a brain like your's oughta be protected!" He stood there beaming like Jed had just complimented him!!!!

Found a great video online that has the stars of Bonanza, Bewitched and The Man From Uncle all together, as their respective characters, advertising Chevy. Seeing Dan Blocker and Agnes Moorehead interact together as Hoss and Endora is classic!

You and RGR mus be peas in a pod.

pie2.jpg

I know the feeling. My boss drops the F-bomb constantly. He'll come through on his cell phone in front of customers sometimes dropping it. Sadly, I don't think anyone is really offended. :emot-fail:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

One reason why I didnt allow a tv in my home for many years when my children were young

i recently disconnected my internet and cable TV from home. We found ourselves gainig weight and our home priorities slipped. My wife is still upset. Nothing good is on TV and internet is nothing but facebook and email. Not sure if that's even worth $75.00 a month.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Ron, guess I'm as dim as Jethro, 'cause I just can't figure it out - what are Pasadena Berries???

• Topic Count:  373
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Ron, guess I'm as dim as Jethro, 'cause I just can't figure it out - what are Pasadena Berries???

They're non-existent berries in Pasadena that Grannie tries to send Jed and Jethro to pick to get them out of the house, because she thinks Drysdale's pet ostrich is actually a giant chicken that grew because it injested some of her growing tonic, and so she wants to try and shrink it back to normal before Jed finds out.

• Topic Count:  373
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Is he a Christian?

I used to swear like a drunken sailor on shore leave, but when I got saved, I stopped totally.