RGR

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

My now divorced oldest daughter met a man on one of those sites too (I think it WAS E-harmony) and they met in person after a month or so. Regardless of what people tell you, most of them lie or misrepresent themselves from what I've read. Over half are already married. Instead of 'six feet' he was about 5'6" (she's 5'9"!) and at least twenty years older than what he (and his old profile picture) claimed. She said he was about fifty; she is 28. She described him as a 'younger Willie Nelson'. I was against this but, hey, kids don't listen. She was very disgusted by the whole experience. :rolleyes:

Look, I said I was sorry! Tell her to just let it go!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get on the road again....

willie.jpg

:24: I'm sure you don't look like THAT, Wyguy! Anyway, it couldn't have been you; she said he had no sense of humor. Although that's hard to believe; considering he posted a picture that was nearly as old as she is!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

My now divorced oldest daughter met a man on one of those sites too (I think it WAS E-harmony) and they met in person after a month or so. Regardless of what people tell you, most of them lie or misrepresent themselves from what I've read. Over half are already married. Instead of 'six feet' he was about 5'6" (she's 5'9"!) and at least twenty years older than what he (and his old profile picture) claimed. She said he was about fifty; she is 28. She described him as a 'younger Willie Nelson'. I was against this but, hey, kids don't listen. She was very disgusted by the whole experience. :rolleyes:

Not all do, but a lot do. I have met several people that I came to know on Christian Mingle. Most have seemed to be what they say but I went out w/ a lady from the St. Louis area. After meeting her, I realized in none of her photos was she smiling enough to show her teeth. It turned out she had black teeth in places. I'm not making fun, but between that and her being bigger than what her photos led one to believe (mainly head shots) I was a little disappointed.

We actually had a good time for what it's worth. However, a few days later I found her posting on Facebook talking about she could never date a guy who "let himself go." Really? I wore brand new khakis and shirt that I bought special to meet her, hair was combed neatly, I was shaved, etc. The only thing I can figure is if it was aimed at me (as I thought) is my weight....I am overweight but it's not like she was skinny minnie either.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

E Harmony flat turned me DOWN because I was only "separated" at the time...they said "come back when you're divorced"....now I won't have anything to do with them....so much for being honest...

E Harmony flat turned me DOWN because I was only "separated" at the time...they said "come back when you're divorced"....now I won't have anything to do with them....so much for being honest...

In all fairness to the web-site, would you want to be set up with someone who was separated but not divorced? :noidea: In a lot of cases, the people in positions like that will eventually reconcile with their spouse. They have to have some kind of policy on matters like that.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

In all fairness to the web-site, would you want to be set up with someone who was separated but not divorced? :noidea: In a lot of cases, the people in positions like that will eventually reconcile with their spouse. They have to have some kind of policy on matters like that.

I agree; if one is seperated they are still married. I wouldn't date a man who wasn't single.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

I'm sure you don't look like THAT, Wyguy!

Wyguy ---------> 049_lake_louise_dec30_2k6.JPG

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

...don't think he looks like that either...

:whistling:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

I don't like online dating services---every guy I've seen on 'em (including Zoosk) looks like a sexual predator...I don't know what the answer is either, Ron...pray for God's leading, I guess....I don't think EHarmony is the answer....they don't really have a free trial period, and I think they are too expensive....

a.

If you have a formula for identifying a sexual predator based on appearance, you should share it with the authorities....

But... speaking of online dating services/sites... I would steer clear of them - I would be concerned with the fact that they are in the business to make money by accepting members - not by determining if they are in fact mentally stable and are who they claim to be.

• Topic Count:  373
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

It's me! I've been telling you guys I look like Santa Claus! :foot-stomp:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

It's me! I've been telling you guys I look like Santa Claus! :foot-stomp:

Oh is that who it is! I thought it was a hobo in a biohazard suit :whistling: