• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

By your response you are claiming a sinless life! Got anyonne around you that I can call? Love Steven

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

By your response you are claiming a sinless life! Got anyonne around you that I can call? Love Steven

Jesus!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  3

Jesus!

exactly the point!!!

i have no problem admitting that i'm not perfect. but day by day i want to be perfected by Christ.

PEACE!!!:thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Jesus!

1 John 1

8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Jesus!

exactly the point!!!

i have no problem admitting that i'm not perfect. but day by day i want to be perfected by Christ.

PEACE!!!:thumbsup:

Me too, me too, me too, me too..... :)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

as a christian. i know that i am not perfect. nobody is, except for Christ Jesus. there are sins i have committed today that i probably don't even consider to be wrong at all. some i have completely forgotten, but i may have been aware of them at the time. some christians think that they only have to repent at the point when they receive the Lord Jesus as Saviour God, and i'm sorry to say i know that some 'christians' have no concept whatsoever of acknowledging sin, let alone repenting. something to think about, even for the non-christians here.

in this moment of quiet, the thought came to me: have you repented today?

Lord Jesus, i was wrong, and You are always right. i'm sorry. please forgive me, and help me not to sin anymore. please cleanse me inside and outside with Your holy and righteous blood, and the fire of the Holy Spirit, the Living God. make it a covering of protection for me against all evil. help me to see sin, and all of life from Your perspective, and live as You want me. i want to be the person You created me to be. i love You, Lord Jesus . i bless Your holy Name, Lord God Almighty. You are holy, oh God. You are the perfect Father. teach me Your ways, so i will walk therein. amen.

questions/comments welcome:)

Who told you that no one was perfect except Jesus?

Jesus called us to be perfect. If he called us to be perfect then he must have given us the ability to become perfect.

(Matthew 5:48)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Jesus called us to be perfect. If he called us to be perfect then he must have given us the ability to become perfect.

(Matthew 5:48) "Even the pagans do as much, do they not? You must therefore be perfect just as your heavenly Father is perfect."

Hebrews 10:14- For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are sanctified."

Amen! :thumbsup:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

(Matthew 5:48) "Even the pagans do as much, do they not? You must therefore be perfect just as your heavenly Father is perfect."

Hebrews 10:14- " For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are sanctified."

There's nothing left for any of us to do.

I guess it comes down to our walk towards sanctification vs being completely sanctified (and I don't know a single person - on earth - who is)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

If being "perfect (in the same manner, not the same degree) as your father in heaven is perfect" was something we do? then i would say this is impossible.

But if its something God Himself does as a second work of grace subsequent to salvation and not taking away from salvation? then i would say what is impossible for man is not impossible for God.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  3

Hebrews 10:14- " For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are sanctified."

There's nothing left for any of us to do.

Romans 12:1

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

nothing?