IGNORED

Where did all the resurrected saints go?

sdktlk

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

We see, "...Jesus, when He had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves after His resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many..." (Mat 27:50-53) Is it worthy of investigation to determine where these resurrected one's went, and does it has any relevance to us as Christians?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I don't think I have ever read anything about where these people went. I think the point was to proove that Jesus was the Messiah, but it being so notably silent about them I would venture a guess that it's not in our best interest to know. Yet

I don't think I have ever read anything about where these people went. I think the point was to proove that Jesus was the Messiah, but it being so notably silent about them I would venture a guess that it's not in our best interest to know. Yet

The answer IS in the Bible and I would encourage you to search it out as, "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter." (Pro 25:2) As kings and priests unto the Lord if we want to see the glory of the Lord we need to diligently search for the answers to these things...which are indeed concealed in the Word.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

We see, "...Jesus, when He had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves after His resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many..." (Mat 27:50-53) Is it worthy of investigation to determine where these resurrected one's went, and does it has any relevance to us as Christians?

I think that is a very interesting study, and I know I have put this Scripture on the back-boiler over many years, but have not yet had sufficient light to give a valid opinion, so I for one would be very interested in where this leads. :thumbsup:

The answer IS in the Bible and I would encourage you to search it out as, "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter." (Pro 25:2) As kings and priests unto the Lord if we want to see the glory of the Lord we need to diligently search for the answers to these things...which are indeed concealed in the Word.

Absolutely...when we are no longer spoon-fed, we have to fend for ourselves if we are going to be nourished.

Mat 27:52 and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised;

Mat 27:53 and coming out of the graves after His resurrectionG1454, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

G1454

ἔγερσις

egersis

eg'-er-sis

From G1453; a resurgence (from death): - resurrection.

I find it curious the word used in Matthew 27:53 for resurrection is different to the word Matthew used elsewhere in his gospel.

Mat 22:23 That same day Jesus was approached by some Sadducees

Mat 27:52 and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised;

Mat 27:53 and coming out of the graves after His resurrectionG1454, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

G1454

ἔγερσις

egersis

eg'-er-sis

From G1453; a resurgence (from death): - resurrection.

I find it curious the word used in Matthew 27:53 for resurrection is different to the word Matthew used elsewhere in his gospel.

Mat 22:23 That same day Jesus was approached by some Sadducees

I think that is a very interesting study, and I know I have put this Scripture on the back-boiler over many years, but have not yet had sufficient light to give a valid opinion, so I for one would be very interested in where this leads. :thumbsup:

Absolutely...when we are no longer spoon-fed, we have to fend for ourselves if we are going to be nourished.

Today, with the tools at our disposal, Concordances, Bible Dictionaries, Hebrew and Greek Lexicons, literal translations in the Hebrew and Greek, etc. etc. as slaves of the Lord Jesus Christ we are without excuse if we do not, "study to show ourselves approved" (2Tim 2:15) and "prove ALL things" (1Thes 5:21) as this is a part of our "reasonable service" (Rom 12:1)

The Christians of Berea are declared to be, "more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." (Acts 17:11) Do we know those who have translated the many Bibles we have today personally, do we know their manner of life? This is not to say that they have deliberately set out to deceive or misconstrue, but, again we have a responsibility to "search out a matter." I would suggest taking a long hard look at Acts 1:9-11, considering the Greek words that are used and how they are interpreted.

Edited by sdktlk

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Today, with the tools at our disposal, Concordances, Bible Dictionaries, Hebrew and Greek Lexicons, literal translations in the Hebrew and Greek, etc. etc. as slaves of the Lord Jesus Christ we are without excuse if we do not, "study to show ourselves approved" (2Tim 2:15) and "prove ALL things" (1Thes 5:21) as this is a part of our "reasonable service" (Rom 12:1)

The Christians of Berea are declared to be, "more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." (Acts 17:11) Do we know those who have translated the many Bibles we have today personally, do we know their manner of life? This is not to say that they have deliberately set out to deceive or misconstrue, but, again we have a responsibility to "search out a matter." I would suggest taking a long hard look at Acts 1:9-11, considering the Greek words that are used and how they are interpreted.

Ok....bit of doubt creeping in now as to where this is leading (got funny feeling in my spirit).

Keeping on track with the study you initiated, about where did the ressurected bodies of the people who were raised from their graves when Jesus died go......so in their case a ressurgence from death occurs, but not an actual bodily ressurection...that could mean that just their bodies were temporaily re-animated as a sign to those in Jerusalem....it never says they spoke or declared the glory of G-d....so could be a temporary miraculous sign, and maybe a prophetic indicator that as He died, death was conquered?...but what happened to their bodies after that I don't know....I wonder if their are any indicators about this event in the Tenakh?...or maybe in your studies, you have some solid evidence that throws light on this strange occurence?

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I don't know the answer but I have an idea that I'd like to share. We know for sure that those saints in the Old Testament who were killed, even the ones in the new testament like Stephan who was stoned will be raised according to the "better resurrection" which the scripture talks about to enter into the millennium.

Or perhaps those who were raised from the dead went with Jesus to Heaven to return as the Bride during the battle of Armageddon? Or they might return for the millennium reign? Two possibilities there. The other possibility is that they probably lived to preach the Gospel to the unbelieving. Similar to this...

1 Corinthians 15:6

6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep.

Ok....bit of doubt creeping in now as to where this is leading (got funny feeling in my spirit).

Keeping on track with the study you initiated, about where did the ressurected bodies of the people who were raised from their graves when Jesus died go......so in their case a ressurgence from death occurs, but not an actual bodily ressurection...that could mean that just their bodies were temporaily re-animated as a sign to those in Jerusalem....it never says they spoke or declared the glory of G-d....so could be a temporary miraculous sign, and maybe a prophetic indicator that as He died, death was conquered?...but what happened to their bodies after that I don't know....I wonder if their are any indicators about this event in the Tenakh?...or maybe in your studies, you have some solid evidence that throws light on this strange occurence?

There are a couple of recorded conversations with these resurrected one's in Scripture: one is found in Mark 16:5 and the other is Acts 1:10. Also, we have in Daniel 7:13 "I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him," which is a picture of the ascension of the Lord Jesus. I suppose the questions we would pose to the Lord would then be what or who are these "clouds of heaven" and who are "they" that brought Him near before Him?