IGNORED

Where did all the resurrected saints go?

sdktlk

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Brother,

I'm not sure I follow you at all. I'm almost certain that rotting stinking corpses weren't roaming around Jerusalem.:blink::laugh:

Lol....you are quite right Dave....I was running away with this picture of events, and got completely confused in what I was saying....I need more coffee. :emot-hug:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Brother,

I'm not sure I follow you at all. I'm almost certain that rotting stinking corpses weren't roaming around Jerusalem.:blink::laugh:

Lol....you are quite right Dave....I was running away with this picture of events, and got completely confused in what I was saying....I need more coffee. :emot-hug:

:laugh: Kinda like a "day of the dead" zombie apocolypse or something.:wub::o:)

:24: :24: :24:

>>>>>()<<<<<

This I Do Know

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. Job 19:25-27

one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him," which is a picture of the ascension of the Lord Jesus.

no it isn't.

That refers to His return

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I know it does seem silly to concern ourselves about "cloud" and "clouds" and such. But, we do know that we, as Christians, are called many different things in Scripture. Lively stones, branches, trees, the temple (individually and collectively) etc. etc. To attempt to discover if we could see the saints that were resurrected at the time of the Lord's resurrection does not seem an unreasonable quest. My thinking is that it actually might have some relevance to discovering other truth's in the Word. I had posted: The Scriptures says that,

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

If the above interpretation is correct it puts a whole new light on the ascension event does it not?

No it doesn't.:thumbsup:

The Lord, in Isaiah 60:8, has also posed a question to us, "Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows?" Would it not seem reasonable to try to give the Lord an answer to the question He has asked us?

Isa 60:8

Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows?

Someone's already pointed out that this scripture speaks of the retunr of the Jewish people to Israel during and before the Millenium.:thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Now, using the proper definitions, let us look at this verse again and see if we can see what it really says. “...While they beheld, He was lifted, He was raised up, and a cloud carried Him, a cloud took Him upward from beneath out of their sight...” (Acts 1:9 amplified)

If the above interpretation is correct it puts a whole new light on the ascension event does it not?

The Lord, in Isaiah 60:8, has also posed a question to us, "Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows?" Would it not seem reasonable to try to give the Lord an answer to the question He has asked us?

No, I am confident that if the Lord were accompanied by people, the writers would have said "people."

And there is a difference between saying, "flying as a cloud," and, "flying in the form of a cloud."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

After a little study looks to me like the risen saints could have made up the cloud that received Jesus up. My KJV references between Daniel 7:13 & Acts 1:9 concerning the clouds. There is also a "cloud of witnesses" spoken of in Hebrews 12:1 , which is talking about the O.T. saints listed in previous chapter. If those people can be called cloud then why not the risen saints?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

After a little study looks to me like the risen saints could have made up the cloud that received Jesus up. My KJV references between Daniel 7:13 & Acts 1:9 concerning the clouds. There is also a "cloud of witnesses" spoken of in Hebrews 12:1 , which is talking about the O.T. saints listed in previous chapter. If those people can be called cloud then why not the risen saints?

Look at all the places clouds and cloud is mentioned in the New Testament. There are some wonderful things to see regarding the Lord Jesus and His body.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

We see, "...Jesus, when He had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves after His resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many..." (Mat 27:50-53) Is it worthy of investigation to determine where these resurrected one's went, and does it has any relevance to us as Christians?

This story never happened. The Roman government added many pagan ideas to the writings of the saints before they produced the new testament. But first they removed any evidence of the true gospel to make sure they deceived the followers of the saints they killed. They spent three hundred years killing all the saints so they weren't about to let their followers become saints. Stories like this made them believe that the flesh of Jesus was God but that is just a lie.

John 6

63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

64: But there are some of you that do not believe." For Jesus knew from the first who those were that did not believe, and who it was that would betray him.

65: And he said, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father."

That's an interesting bit of information.... where do you find the gospel if you can't get it from the Bible we have today?