Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Alan, to be honest, scripture is silent on how the mark prevents a person from buying and selling. You must admit that?

I do not believe you have interpreted that passage correctly. It also doesn't say refuse, it says "no one may" which doesn't necessarily imply there is a physical barrier.

Need I also mention that taking a symbolic passage literally is also an error in interpretation? Literalising the symoblic is just as bad as making spiritual the literal.

I do not agree with you here brother :emot-handshake: .

Andy, if I was to tell you that you may not ride in my car, am I not refusing you a ride? Think about the simplicity of scripture. Trying to seek a deeper meaning for what is simply stated is not right. You may feel that I have a wrong interpretation, as I believe you do. Yet, time will show us which is correct.

Alan, even your own example doesn't make sense to me. But, we can agree to disagree.

Guess it must the difference between how we talk and how you talk. It makes perfect sense to me. You ask for a ride, I tell you that you may not ride in my car, I am in fact refusing you a ride.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Alan, to be honest, scripture is silent on how the mark prevents a person from buying and selling. You must admit that?

I do not believe you have interpreted that passage correctly. It also doesn't say refuse, it says "no one may" which doesn't necessarily imply there is a physical barrier.

Need I also mention that taking a symbolic passage literally is also an error in interpretation? Literalising the symoblic is just as bad as making spiritual the literal.

Andy, if I was to tell you that you may not ride in my car, am I not refusing you a ride? Think about the simplicity of scripture. Trying to seek a deeper meaning for what is simply stated is not right. You may feel that I have a wrong interpretation, as I believe you do. Yet, time will show us which is correct.

Alan, even your own example doesn't make sense to me. But, we can agree to disagree.

Guess it must the difference between how we talk and how you talk. It makes perfect sense to me. You ask for a ride, I tell you that you may not ride in my car, I am in fact refusing you a ride.

Where is the bolded section of your analogy found in the Word about the mark?

You have failed to assert who and how the mark prevents someone from buying and selling. Can you admit that the Word is silent on that, and that you cannot state emphatically where the prevention / rejection comes?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It doesn't really matter what the mark will end up being, if you are a christian you will not worship the beast and that will result in your death. Jesus tells us that no one or anything can snatch you from the fathers hand, so it is impossible for you to accidentally receive this mark whatever it is.

Once the world drops the dollar for a global currancy and instills a cashless monitary system literally anything in the world could be the mark. The beast tells everyone that at the end of the month everyone's personal id numbers will be locked out of the system and no one will be able to make any financial transactions until they have gone to their local place of worship and worship the beast and pledge one's self to following him.

Do you not know that there is a very large number of people today within the new age religon movement that are building the structure for global government for the beast, and that many of our own goverhment and financial people are involved with subverting the consitittion to force us to join the UN government and put it over our own government.

Once we go cashless, a simple purple smiley face could be used for the mark.

The new microdot could be a part, but the RFID tattoo is the most likely to be used. but with the things happening on the DNA experiments, we really have no idea what people like DARPA have up thier sleeves to do to us.

But whatever it is, the first beast will start demanding that we worship him or be put to death before the mark comes. At that time we will know what not to do.

Where is the bolded section of your analogy found in the Word about the mark?

You have failed to assert who and how the mark prevents someone from buying and selling. Can you admit that the Word is silent on that, and that you cannot state emphatically where the prevention / rejection comes?

Revelation 13:11-18 (see verse 17)

The Beast from the Earth

11 Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon. 12 And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13 He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men. 14 And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived. 15 He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed. 16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

As for who will refuse them service, it will be those who are selling. They cannot sell without the mark either. I can admit that Revelation is a hard book to study, but this is not a part that is.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Ok, well this is what I remember the guy on the radio saying.

OK - thanks!

That did not answer my question, Alan.

That did not answer my question, Alan.

Yes it does. You don't want to accept it or agree with it. If you want more, then ask more.

OK lets try it another way. Can you highlight the word in the verse that discusses who or how a person without the mark is stopped from buying or selling?

I'm goign to come at this a different way to, hopefully we can understand each other.

When my sister was 14, she ran away. She wanted to go to a party full of drugs and alcohol, my parents said no, she went anyway. When she returned, my parents sat her down with an ultimatum. You CANNOT be involved in drugs and alcohol while living under this roof, they are the rules. She left home again never to return, and to this day maintained that mum and dad kicked her out and wouldn't let her return.

That isn't the case though, she wasn't rejected, she wasn't refused, but because she didn't like the rules, and wouldn't submit, she couldn't come home.

Now I see a similar thing is possible with the mark. That there will be rules or ideals etc, involved with buying and selling, and we will essentially need to agree with them in order to do commerce. They won't agree with our christian faith, so we won't be able to.Earlier I said that the bible is not specific with HOW the mark prevents one from commerce, I stand by this comment, just wanted to share this analogy so you know where my thinking is coming from.

KWIM?