th1bill

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

So you don't consider the Holy Spirit something that communicates the will of the Father to you?????

WOW!!!! Talk about intentional ignorance! Have you, honestly read any of this string? The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are three persons of the God Head and they are One! Where did you miss that?

God, tells me His will and I verify that with the Revelation of Himself through the scriptures. I fail to believe that you are as ignorant as you are, imo, presenting yourself to be here!

You have a lot to learn bill...... I think I'll jsut leave it at that.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

This post appears pretty condemning to me. I was under the impression that the Holy Spirit convicts, not condemns. None of us are righteous except through Jesus and thankfully it's His job to be the one to change us. Sharing what He shows you is great but it doesn't mean that is the message He has for everyone else at that time. Before teaching we are called to love.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You're playing with words.....

Just the opposite is the truth! I have not taken to redefining terms or words, playing, that is what you are doing. From the Merriam Webster;

Definition of INTERFACE

: a surface forming a common boundary of two bodies, spaces, or phases <an oil-water interface>

a : the place at which independent and often unrelated systems meet and act on or communicate with each other <the man-machine interface> b : the means by which interaction or communication is achieved at an interface

— in·ter·fa·cial \ˌin-tər-ˈfā-shəl\ adjective

See interface defined for English-language learners »

Examples of INTERFACE

1. the interface between engineering and science

2. The software has a user interface that's easy to operate.

3. We installed an interface between the computer and the typesetting machine.

What you are doing here is very common to the revisionists of today's society and it is a very dangerous practice in the presence of the only Holy God that is full of love but is also full of Righteous Wrath for those that are not willing to meet (address) Him on His terms. The moment you turned you thoughts to an interface you reduced the Holy Spirit, God, the Holy Spirit to the same level as a dial-up modem in a computer for millions of people and realize it or not, the very moment you posted, published, that to the net, you became a False Teacher!

th1bill - I am feeling a little puzzled.

In our everyday speech, we take words that mean one thing in the dictionary and reapply them to new settings that are not how the dictionary defines them, but is a creative way of expressing a concept.

So I am puzzled that you believe "interface" can only apply to computers.

But looking up this word in a dictionary:

in·ter·face

   /n. ˈɪntərˌfeɪs; v. ˈɪntərˌfeɪs, ˌɪntərˈfeɪs/ Show Spelled [n. in-ter-feys; v. in-ter-feys, in-ter-feys] Show IPA noun, verb, -faced, -fac·ing.

–noun

1. a surface regarded as the common boundary of two bodies, spaces, or phases.

2. the facts, problems, considerations, theories, practices, etc., shared by two or more disciplines, procedures, or fields of study: the interface between chemistry and physics.

3. a common boundary or interconnection between systems, equipment, concepts, or human beings.

4. communication or interaction: Interface between the parent company and its subsidiaries has never been better.

5. a thing or circumstance that enables separate and sometimes incompatible elements to coordinate effectively: The organization serves as an interface between the state government and the public.

6. Computers .

a. equipment or programs designed to communicate information from one system of computing devices or programs to another.

b.

any arrangement for such communication.

–verb (used with object)

7. to bring into an interface.

8. to bring together; connect or mesh: The management is interfacing several departments with an information service from overseas.

–verb (used without object)

9. to be in an interface.

10. to function as an interface.

11. to meet or communicate directly; interact, coordinate, synchronize, or harmonize (often fol. by with ): The two communications systems are able to interface with each other.

(emphasis mine)

So for Other One to say the Holy Spirit interfaces is a valid way of saying He communicates.

Jesus plainly told us that when the Holy Spirit comes He will teach us and tell us what is to come. It goes on to say that he will not speak on His own, but only what he hears. The Spirit is sent by the Father in the name of Jesus and will speak to us what he hears........ and that is an interface. The Holy Spirit is going to tell you what the Father tells him to say..... that qualifies as an interface in my vocabulary.

First and foremost! You are attempting to teach me from the top of your head... not the Bible! . . .

I am not following you here -

16 "I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever ; 17 that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

(John 14)

7 "But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away ; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. 8 "And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment ; 9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; 11 and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged. 12 "I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth ; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak ; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. 15 "All things that the Father has are Mine ; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

(John 16)

What part of what Other One said is unbiblical?