• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,965
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  234
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Oh bother ... I have already bought my granddaughter her birthday present and her birthday is not until june :blink:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Oh bother ... I have already bought my granddaughter her birthday present and her birthday is not until june :blink:

Well... there you have it - you have things to do and I have plans for July so... May whatever isn't going to work for either of us, LPT!! :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Content Count:  56,246
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I have a feeling that she'll love her present.... and we're planning another cruise this fall.... so, I'm not holding my breath.... of course should Jesus decide to take us away, someone else is welcome to use our curise tickets

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

have any of you heard of the family radio ministries that preach that the end of the wolrld will start on may 21 this year? they're preaching some pretty odd stuff. :whistling:

Well, they are using the 7,000 year thing from creation which makes as much sense as Hal Lindsey or the Jehovah Witnesses or the SDA thing..... ****taking note tha those were all wrong*****:whistling:

I happen to believe the earth is less than 10,000 years old. Closer to around 6,000.

have any of you heard of the family radio ministries that preach that the end of the wolrld will start on may 21 this year? they're preaching some pretty odd stuff. :whistling:

Well, they are using the 7,000 year thing from creation which makes as much sense as Hal Lindsey or the Jehovah Witnesses or the SDA thing..... ****taking note tha those were all wrong*****:whistling:

I happen to believe the earth is less than 10,000 years old. Closer to around 6,000.

I would agree with the closer to around 6,000

Even if you believe in the 7000 year theory, where we are supposed to be 6000 years past creation, getting ready to enter the Millenial reign of Christ, there would be no way to pin point a date like May 21? :noidea: It is kind of like when someone came up with 88 reasons Jesus would return in 1988. Date setters are constantly proven wrong, and Jesus himself stated that no man knows the day or the hour he will return. Of course, they have an answer for that as well. They mention how there are differen't time zones and everyone is not on the same calendar day.

I believe in the gap theory, but that really has no relevance to the 7000 year theory, because it would be based on the creation of mankind, not the earth itself.

I believe in the gap theory, but that really has no relevance to the 7000 year theory, because it would be based on the creation of mankind, not the earth itself.

i'm not pushing the 7,000 year theory butero. I can't figure how they decided earth was created about 5,000 bc. Almost everything I read and looking through Bible studies it seems more like 4,000 bc. I am just noting that it's not any more out there than these other things and the other things have been wrong.

I personally think that a generation is 70 years and we're looking at a 2018 end time period with the last seven years starting this year...... but Lordy, there isn't any way to prove it so i don't put my thoughts out there to be beat up very often.

i'm not pushing the 7,000 year theory butero. I can't figure how they decided earth was created about 5,000 bc. Almost everything I read and looking through Bible studies it seems more like 4,000 bc. I am just noting that it's not any more out there than these other things and the other things have been wrong.

I personally think that a generation is 70 years and we're looking at a 2018 end time period with the last seven years starting this year...... but Lordy, there isn't any way to prove it so i don't put my thoughts out there to be beat up very often.

At some point, the calendar was changed to A.D. and B.C. I had wondered what year it was before that, and I came across a book that claimed that by the Roman calendar, we would reach the year 6000 in 2036. If someone believes in the 7000 year theory, and that calendar was right, you would have to conclude that the millenial would begin in 2036? Of course, all of this is speculation. Nobody knows when Jesus is returning except God himself?

If we are going to look into this just for the sake of something to do, we would have to find out what year we were in prior to the re-numbering of the calendar? Does anyone else have any information about that? :noidea: