j102

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

To add to the confusion, I was just checking out a web-site that has a Jewish calendar that has us in the year 5772, meaning we are still 229 years away from the year 6001. You can check it out at this web-site.

http://www.goodnewsp...ew_calendar.htm

Hummmmm, the Zohar says the massiah will return in 5773,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

yes i agree, no one will know the day or hour. i'm just asking what others think about it and why.

The day or the hour, yes. It does not say, however, that no one will know the year. The Bible has left us clues that scholars are able to use to postulate the nearness of the Rapture. But only the year.

yes i agree, no one will know the day or hour. i'm just asking what others think about it and why.

The day or the hour, yes. It does not say, however, that no one will know the year. The Bible has left us clues that scholars are able to use to postulate the nearness of the Rapture. But only the year.

That is the reasoning many date setters use. They say that since we are all in differen't time zones, and differen't parts of the world are on differen't calendar days, we can narrow Jesus' return to a very short window. That is what the "88 Reasons..." author said to justify his claim Jesus would return during the feast of trumpets in the year 1988.

Just out of curiousity, do you have a year that you think Christ will return? :noidea: If so, I would be interested in why you have come to the conclusions you have? :noidea:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

have any of you heard of the family radio ministries that preach that the end of the wolrld will start on may 21 this year? they're preaching some pretty odd stuff. :whistling:

Well, they are using the 7,000 year thing from creation which makes as much sense as Hal Lindsey or the Jehovah Witnesses or the SDA thing..... ****taking note tha those were all wrong*****:whistling:

its not surprising at all, after all the founder of this end time group, Harold Camping has made predictions like this before and people are still listening to him. btw he so the same beliefs as the jehovah's witnesses.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Oh bother ... I have already bought my granddaughter her birthday present and her birthday is not until june :blink:

I'll have to tell my son he wont be having a birthday this year cause jesus is coming back 3 days before his birthday

guess jesus will have to give him a party for ruining his bday

:24::24:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/24/1986

have any of you heard of the family radio ministries that preach that the end of the wolrld will start on may 21 this year? they're preaching some pretty odd stuff. :whistling:

Yes, I've believe their ministries is greatly confused. I feel like the enemy is working hard this year with all of the things that has happened in this month alone. Truly the enemy is trying to pit the church against itself which only creates more doubt and cynicism from those on the outside looking in. I have a more detailed synopsis in my blog titled, "Don't Be Deceived!" check it out when you can.

Edited by CD2

That is the reasoning many date setters use. They say that since we are all in differen't time zones, and differen't parts of the world are on differen't calendar days, we can narrow Jesus' return to a very short window. That is what the "88 Reasons..." author said to justify his claim Jesus would return during the feast of trumpets in the year 1988.

Just out of curiousity, do you have a year that you think Christ will return? :noidea: If so, I would be interested in why you have come to the conclusions you have? :noidea:

I don't think that the Rapture and Second Coming are tied to any time or day, but rather to a specific number of born-again believers being reached. Romans 11:25 says "For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in." I believe that the rebirth of Israel in 1948 was the first major sign of the 2nd Coming. Jesus tells us in Matthew 24:34 that this generation will not all die before the Second Coming. The lifespan is giving in the Bible as 70 years (Psalm 90:10 and Isaiah 23:15). So, if we take 1948 and add 70 years, we get the year 2018 as the year of the 2nd Coming. Now, I'm not declaring that 2018 is the year, but that using the hints given in the Bible could lead prognosticators to come to that conclusion. Just my opinion, right or wrong.

Oh bother ... I have already bought my granddaughter her birthday present and her birthday is not until june :blink:

I'll have to tell my son he wont be having a birthday this year cause jesus is coming back 3 days before his birthday

That's just ignorant.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

That's just ignorant.

LoL We can all laugh, but it surely wouldn't hurt my feelings if if happens that wasy....:)

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Has anyone seen End of the Harvest? It gives people something to consider. It is based on 6000/1000 years where man has 6000 years to return to God and the Christ reigns for 1000 years. Though the acting leaves something to be desired, the thought behind the theory leaves you with homework, if you are really curious.