• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This is an excellent blog written by a Christian single woman* on being a Christian single.

Here is a snippet:

I never realized how one word was capable of drawing so many emotions and responses: joy, fear, sorrow, sympathy, consolation, faux adoration, religiosity.

There could be a bajillion words around it, but it's the only word that is focused on. It's like honey to a bee. Peanut butter to a mouse. Mr. Darcy to a Jane Austen fan. Sports to a man. Chocolate to a woman. When this word is used, certain people instantly have to comment. They have to share their opinion.

The word is:

SINGLE

When a single person, especially a single Christian woman, makes a comment about their singleness - no matter if it's said joyfully - a married person, typically a married Christian woman - must always make a remark, offer a word of "comfort" or "advice." It's an unwritten rule that I had no idea existed. Until now. It's something I've discovered as I've grown into my role as a single Christian woman.

"Jesus has the right one picked out for you...He just hasn't brought him to you yet!"

(Did you get a special revelation from Jesus? You know this how? Because you got married? You don't know that I'm going to get married. That was God's plan for your life; it may not be His plan for my life. Being single is a good and honorable thing according to the Bible and is considered a gift...just like marriage is.)

"I wish I was still single!"

(Really? You really wish you were still single? You would trade your husband and your children to be back on your own? Being the only person to take care of you? Having only one income? No one to share the burden? You would really wish your husband and your children...YOUR CHILDREN...the ones the Bible calls an inheritance or a gift...you would wish them all away just to be single again? God can easily make your wish come true, but I pray for you He doesn't honor words so carelessly spoken.)

To be continued...

http://betterthandoinglaundry.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-call-it-s-word.html

*by Erin Branham, a Christian radio DJ

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/06/1981

:) as a single man who is reading this I have to say I feel the same. :)

I remember saying these words to a friend once: "I haven't had a serious relationship in a long time and at this point in my life I'm not even looking."

Their response, assuming that I was speaking as a defeated man, was: "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll meet the right person eventually."

!!!!!!! I say this truly to you now..... I'm not looking 'cause I don't want it!! As was stated above, being single can be a good and honorable thing. I'd like to pose a thought for consideration to anyone for whom this may apply:

How many times have you gone to a friend's wedding with joy and love in your heart? How many times has that joy been slightly soured by the subsequent disappearance of that friend from your life for months or years afterward? How many times has a friend or loved one started a new relationship only to ignore the wonderful friends they have already?

I am at times jealous of people who have this special person in their life, but for me it can be a distraction from life as much as an enhancement. I get caught up in the emotional firestorm of love, and find myself dancing on eggshells trying to be what someone else wants. I also have a habit of finding women in constant need of rescue. Those are exhausting relationships for sure! The last point, and maybe the most important, is that I have absolutely no intention of marrying anytime soon. I am not looking for ms. right because once we get all cute and cuddly with each other there is nowhere to go from there.

Someday, when I'm ready to settle down, I may resume the search. Until then I'll turn to God when I am lonely and He wil comfort me.

P.S. Hope you like my rants. I can get a really good one going sometimes. This is nothing. :21:

I am not looking for ms. right because once we get all cute and cuddly with each other there is nowhere to go from there.

You sound very young. :)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/06/1981

lol :laugh: Yes man - I really am very young, and even younger at heart! :) I really don't want a relationship at this point in my life 'cause it will distract me from all of the work I need to do on myself. I can't see being a boyfriend who refuses to consider becoming deeply committed to someone, and I will no longer involve myself in 'casual relationships', so I have decided to be a single man for the forseeable future.

lol :laugh: Yes man - I really am very young, and even younger at heart! :) I really don't want a relationship at this point in my life 'cause it will distract me from all of the work I need to do on myself. I can't see being a boyfriend who refuses to consider becoming deeply committed to someone, and I will no longer involve myself in 'casual relationships', so I have decided to be a single man for the forseeable future.

Good for you. :emot-handshake:

I've been single now for nearly 8 years. I'm comfortable with the decision I've made. If God has other plans for me, I'm sure He'll let me know.

One last thing. "Cute and cuddly " is only the beginning. ;)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I can SO relate to this article....everyone thinks (it seems anyway) that if you're single you're in transition from solo to married. I hate it; I'm not looking for a husband and don't like being married. I've done all that and it just didn't work for me. But I'm really happy for those who have a long, wonderful marriage. It's just not the right thing for everyone.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well I was in the same boat in 1969. I'd gotten out of the Air Force and resumed a good career as a director at our local TV station in 1968 and told I had exceptional skills at the work. I had lots of friends but was really enjoying life too much to get serious..... Then one afternoon I stopped by Dairy Queen for a Hot Fudge Sunday......... and there she was..... and it was like God himself reached down touched me on the sholder and whispered in my ear........ "there's your soulmate." And I gave her a big hug and a kiss on the cheek about ten minutes ago....... and I can say, "Live is good........ really really good." Has it been that long..... 40 years.... yes life is really really good.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

I can SO relate to this article....everyone thinks (it seems anyway) that if you're single you're in transition from solo to married. I hate it; I'm not looking for a husband and don't like being married. I've done all that and it just didn't work for me. But I'm really happy for those who have a long, wonderful marriage. It's just not the right thing for everyone.

I enjoyed being single - I had and have a close circle of friends (married and single) who always did interesting things and we enjoyed many of the same interests. I worked hard and was a single mother for many years and my children were active in sports, school, etc. There were a couple of people who, during my years being single ... were determined to "find" me a mate..... I quickly took Mamma and Sissy to lunch and explained that if it was God's plan for me to marry again - it would happen and I was going to avoid them at all cost if they ever tried to set me up with anyone ... ever. God had a plan for my life and I did marry - but, I think it's important to enjoy our days - all of them - whether one is single or married...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Well I was in the same boat in 1969. I'd gotten out of the Air Force and resumed a good career as a director at our local TV station in 1968 and told I had exceptional skills at the work. I had lots of friends but was really enjoying life too much to get serious..... Then one afternoon I stopped by Dairy Queen for a Hot Fudge Sunday......... and there she was..... and it was like God himself reached down touched me on the sholder and whispered in my ear........ "there's your soulmate." And I gave her a big hug and a kiss on the cheek about ten minutes ago....... and I can say, "Live is good........ really really good." Has it been that long..... 40 years.... yes life is really really good.

:cool: