• Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Most of us don't do games....

Oh I love bible trivia.

Havnt played it in a while though.AOL was a good place to play.Its fun if you memorize the bible.

I had pretty much memorized the new testiment and much of the prophets.

Shouldn't you start a different thread for trivia games? I like them too but this thread is titled Babylon the great???

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

then you should be able to articulate your thoughts without using gaming to coax the mental process to see your view from different angels. It's not the best way for a group to come to consensus.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Oh I love bible trivia.

Havnt played it in a while though.AOL was a good place to play.Its fun if you memorize the bible.

You know what is also a lot of fun? If you understand the bible.

Unfortunately for me, I am not a parrot, just a sinner who loves Jesus :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Oh I love bible trivia.

Unfortunately for me, I am not a parrot, just a sinner who loves Jesus :thumbsup:

I understand much of the scripture.I have a gift of understanding prophecy.

I believe that all of us that have the Holy Spirit living within have the gift of understanding prophecy. I think if we seek the answers He will give them. "But the Comforter, the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things...." Jesus in John 14:26

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

then you should be able to articulate your thoughts without using gaming to coax the mental process to see your view from different angels. It's not the best way for a group to come to consensus.

If I come out and tell everyone then no one will believe it.LOL

Already been there and done that.

I can quote it straight from the scripture and people would argue withit.ROFLOL

You already did.

You believe Mystery Babylon is Jerusalem.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Understanding mysteries and all knowledge and being able to prophecy means nothing if you have not love.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I got nothing on the cup :noidea:, but have always associated hand with ministry.

There is much said in Scripture about a "cup." But as it is a "golden cup" which, as you said, points to the Person and Nature of God we see the Lord Jesus referring to a cup, "and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." (Mat 26:39) And again the Lord said to the disciples, with respect to a cup, "can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized." (Mar 10:38b-39)

The cup the Lord is referring to here is that which contains the will of God for His life. And He told the disciples they too would drink of that same cup, which was the will of God for the disciples lives. By this we can see that a "golden cup" should contain the will of God for the believers life, that is it should contain "the water of life." (Rev 22:17) However, the "golden cup" in the hand of this woman does not contain "the water of life" it is full of "abominations and filthiness of her fornication." There is death in her cup.

The "hand" does signify ministry along with fellowship, blessing, safety, love, etc. This hand should be "holding forth the Word of Life" (Php 2:16,) but we see it is not.

The appearance of this woman does not seem to match up with her being anything that could be classified as a secular government. She is however joined together with a "scarlet colored beast." Any thoughts anyone?

I see what you mean about the cup. Looks like that would be an interesting study in itself. As for the beast I think it is all the unsaved peoples of the earth as in Rev17:15. Though could be wrong as I have not put a lot of study into it. I do see the woman as the corrupt religious system of the world though and can see why God says "Come out of her ,my people....".

If there is any "rule" to interpreting symbolic prophecy then we would have to understand, from the four "beasts" that rose up out of the sea in the Book of Daniel, that the "beast" this woman abides upon here has to be representative of secular, that is worldly government. So, if that is the case then we have a picture of some "woman" who is coupled with a "beast," so the "woman" cannot, in and of herself, be any particular country or nation, as she is riding upon secular government." We, as believers, cannot come out of the entire world so the question remains who is the "her" that we are commanded to "come out of?"

Rev 17;18

And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

She is a city.

How is the scripture spells it out so clearly but yet there are those who can not endure sound doctrin?

Not even a verse as simple as this?

Yes, she is a city. But I guess we would need to understand the Greek word polis, interpreted city. It means a town (properly with walls, of greater or lesser size):- city. Therefore, she is a city, a town, which has walls. We then need to understand what does that mean before the Lord.

Mostly just wanted to bring this portion of the thread forward.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Oh I love bible trivia.

How do you know you understand prophecy? Who has told you that you have a gift?

Understanding mysteries and all knowledge and being able to prophecy means nothing if you have not love.

:thumbsup:

Prophecy

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

My Prayer

And Many Others

A Prayer Of Love For The Salvation Of Israel

And For Protection From Thoses Ranting And Arming To Be The Slayers Of The Jew

Including Many Plotters Who Say They Claim The Name Of Jesus

GOD, Who Came Down From Heaven Above

Born A Jew From Galilee

KING OF KINGS And

LORD OF LORDS

My God

O God, do not remain silent;

do not turn a deaf ear,

do not stand aloof, O God.

2 See how your enemies growl,

how your foes rear their heads.

3 With cunning they conspire against your people;

they plot against those you cherish.

4 "Come," they say, "let us destroy them as a nation,

so that Israel's name is remembered no more."

Psalm 83:1-4

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

If I come out and tell everyone then no one will believe it.LOL

Already been there and done that.

I can quote it straight from the scripture and people would argue withit.ROFLOL

You already did.

You believe Mystery Babylon is Jerusalem.

Jesus said to come out of Judea.And for those outside of Judea not to enter for it shall be the time of Gods vengeance and his wrath shall be upon them.

Rev 18;4

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Luke 21;21-23

Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

What prophecy do you see in the book of Hosea?