IGNORED

Mysticism Infiltrating the Church(es) ....

vja4Him

If you are grounded solidly in scripture, do research on Christian Mysticism. You will be surprised on how long it has been around, who followed it and what it is about. Some teachings sound really good, but if you dog deeper in scripture, it is a lie. Others "fill in the gap" where scripture is silent. Everything is spiritual and not much left out, including stuff like lucid dreaming.

Lucid dreamimg is simply knowing that you're dreaming. Is that bad? :noidea:

Man, lucid dreams rarely happen to individual people on any kind of a regular basis. However there are people who can and do teach one how to have lucid dreams as a tool to interface with the spiritual realm, and none of them I've been exposed to are interfacing with the Holy Spirit.

So, yeah lucid dreams are not in themselves a bad thing. Actually they can help people overcome sub concious fears...... but they can also introduce one to some really dark things if that's what you wander into.

And that's an entirely different subject. Lucid dreams by themselves, are harmless.

What other one was speaking of is what I was also speaking of. Just like what Leonard mentioned is not what Christian Mysticism is about. The thread is about what can go wrong because of the Mysticism in the church today.

I'm glad we are in agreement. :)

If you are grounded solidly in scripture, do research on Christian Mysticism. You will be surprised on how long it has been around, who followed it and what it is about. Some teachings sound really good, but if you dog deeper in scripture, it is a lie. Others "fill in the gap" where scripture is silent. Everything is spiritual and not much left out, including stuff like lucid dreaming.

Man, lucid dreams rarely happen to individual people on any kind of a regular basis. However there are people who can and do teach one how to have lucid dreams as a tool to interface with the spiritual realm, and none of them I've been exposed to are interfacing with the Holy Spirit.

So, yeah lucid dreams are not in themselves a bad thing. Actually they can help people overcome sub concious fears...... but they can also introduce one to some really dark things if that's what you wander into.

And that's an entirely different subject. Lucid dreams by themselves, are harmless.

So are guns, but around here we don't let just anyone carry them around with them all the time. Same with Lucid Dreams; not just anyone should play around with them. BTDT.

Not everyone who experiences lucid dreams is susceptible to straying.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

So are guns, but around here we don't let just anyone carry them around with them all the time. Same with Lucid Dreams; not just anyone should play around with them. BTDT.

Not everyone who experiences lucid dreams is susceptible to straying.

but you don't know who's reading these threads and when you make light of it you have no idea who you might inadvertently put in jeopardy by reading your post.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

And Man, part of my duties in the Kingdom is to help those who have inadvertently stumbled into these dark areas and are having trouble breaking away from it, so I'm a little sensitive to things of this nature.

And Man, part of my duties in the Kingdom is to help those who have inadvertently stumbled into these dark areas and are having trouble breaking away from it, so I'm a little sensitive to things of this nature.

Lucid dreaming is nothing more than being able to know when you're dreaming. That's not a sin. It's not a dark area. There's really nothing to break away from. It becomes one of your senses. You can't just turn it off and on. It would be like turning off your hearing or your eyesight or your sense of smell.

I have lucid dreams......I didn't try to.....it was nothing I practiced.....it just happened. I can tell when I'm dreaming. I don't see what the big deal is.

but you don't know who's reading these threads and when you make light of it you have no idea who you might inadvertently put in jeopardy by reading your post.

I'm not making light of anything. :rolleyes:

Look up the definition of Lucid Dreaming.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Lucid dreaming is associated with different cults. It is also a practice in Yoga, OBE and mind control. Knowing you are dreaming in and of itself is not where the danger is found. It is what you do with this that may lead people down the wrong roads. You should look into the dark side of lucid dreaming to know where the dangers are.

Lucid dreaming is associated with different cults. It is also a practice in Yoga, OBE and mind control. Knowing you are dreaming in and of itself is not where the danger is found. It is what you do with this that may lead people down the wrong roads. You should look into the dark side of lucid dreaming to know where the dangers are.

Thank you. ;)

I'm not making light of anything. :rolleyes:

Look up the definition of Lucid Dreaming.

On the site you posted to define lucid dreams there is another type they describe as WILD (wake initiated lucid dreaming).

They teach how to initiate lucid dreaming.

What do you think about this type?