IGNORED

Mysticism Infiltrating the Church(es) ....

vja4Him

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,436
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Many churches are under attack from the enemy, with counterfeit revivals, demonic manifestations, occult practices, Mysticism, New Age ...

How could so many church leaders be easily misled, and continue to add to the deception, leading many people, even Christians into the world of Mysticism ....

Has anyone had experience with Mysticism?

What exactly is wrong with Mysticism?

Has anyone had experience with Mysticism?

It is the gnostic spirit of suggestion the Bible is not enough...

What exactly is wrong with Mysticism?
Our Lord has said this:

Deut 8:3

3 So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know,

that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.

NKJV

Prov 30:5-6

Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. 6 Do not add to His words,

Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.

NKJV

You have a dream it must be examined by The Word to reckon its source.

You have a prophesy it must be examined by The Word to reckon its source.

You have an Idea it must be examined by The Word to reckon its source.

You have a anything it must be examined by The Word to reckon its source.

The power of the written Word is in The Living Word on The Right Hand of The Father and the Right Hand of the Father is the One He Writes with! Love Steven

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Look up the definition of Lucid Dreaming.

Every site I looked at to define this also focused on how to control your dreams.

That's where the danger comes.

I don't think it's the ability to control ones dreams that's a danger, it's what they do with that control once they have it. But I do know what you mean.

Why would you look any other place other than His Word to understand or know anything? Love Steven

1 Corinthians 10

13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

Just something to think about. :)

Something else to think about.....

Matt 4:6-7

6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

KJV

Every site I looked at to define this also focused on how to control your dreams.

I don't think it's the ability to control ones dreams that's a danger, it's what they do with that control once they have it. But I do know what you mean.

Why would you look any other place other than His Word to understand or know anything? Love Steven

1 Corinthians 10

13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

KJV

I don't see the connection. What does any of this have to do with tempting God?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 Corinthians 10

KJV

I don't see the connection. What does any of this have to do with tempting God?

That's because you don't see the danger of playing with Lucid Dreams.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

As Christians, we have the Holy Spirit of God living in our hearts as a guide and comforter. We should already know that we serve a jealous God who does not wish to be supplemented or replaced by any other god or spirit. A host of things these days violate the wishes and will of God, and we would know about such things if we prayed more and submitted ourselves more to the perfect Will of God.

Some things to avoid are more subtle, and others are outrageous. The examples would be numerous: astrology, palm reading, new age garbage of many types, the occult in many forms, magic in many forms, witchcraft in many forms, and generally the consulting or consorting with familiar spirits that are not God. One should easily be able to think of many things that God would not approve of, and I think that's the main purpose for this thread. Some things might seem more innocent, but they aren't if God doesn't approve of it. Shouldn't one of our primary goals in life be to Worship only God in Spirit and in Truth and pleasing Him? Some have a hard time connecting some of the new age stuff with evil, but the evil is there nonetheless if we think about it. I've heard all kinds of buzz-words over the years that are related to new age stuff that can be easily connected to Eastern religions and the occult, so there's nothing innocent about them (i.e. self-actualization, transcendental meditation, out of body experiences, etc.). You can probably find numerous books in the self-improvement area of your local book store that relate to new age garbage. Make things simple and ask yourself: is this God-centered, self-centered, or other-centered? If it isn't God-centered, you should probably say no and leave it alone. At least think about it and pray about it before involving yourself into something questionable that God might not approve of. As Christians, we have better things to do in this short life than to dabble or immerse ourselves into things that are not pleasing to God. We should also be concerned with our living testimony before our families and others. Just two cents worth.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,436
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

As Christians, we have the Holy Spirit of God living in our hearts as a guide and comforter. We should already know that we serve a jealous God who does not wish to be supplemented or replaced by any other god or spirit. A host of things these days violate the wishes and will of God, and we would know about such things if we prayed more and submitted ourselves more to the perfect Will of God.

Some things to avoid are more subtle, and others are outrageous. The examples would be numerous: astrology, palm reading, new age garbage of many types, the occult in many forms, magic in many forms, witchcraft in many forms, and generally the consulting or consorting with familiar spirits that are not God. One should easily be able to think of many things that God would not approve of, and I think that's the main purpose for this thread. Some things might seem more innocent, but they aren't if God doesn't approve of it. Shouldn't one of our primary goals in life be to Worship only God in Spirit and in Truth and pleasing Him? Some have a hard time connecting some of the new age stuff with evil, but the evil is there nonetheless if we think about it. I've heard all kinds of buzz-words over the years that are related to new age stuff that can be easily connected to Eastern religions and the occult, so there's nothing innocent about them (i.e. self-actualization, transcendental meditation, out of body experiences, etc.). You can probably find numerous books in the self-improvement area of your local book store that relate to new age garbage. Make things simple and ask yourself: is this God-centered, self-centered, or other-centered? If it isn't God-centered, you should probably say no and leave it alone. At least think about it and pray about it before involving yourself into something questionable that God might not approve of. As Christians, we have better things to do in this short life than to dabble or immerse ourselves into things that are not pleasing to God. We should also be concerned with our living testimony before our families and others. Just two cents worth.

That about the value of the widows two mites.... and look at the attention The Lord gave to that.... :teeth_smile: Love Steven

That's because you don't see the danger of playing with Lucid Dreams.

If anyone "plays" with lucid dreams and ends up on the wrong side of the fence, it's only because they are the ones who wanted to go there.

There's danger in playing on the internet. In less than 30 seconds I can be visiting any number of unsavory sites. What makes these 2 things comparable is they can both be controlled. What makes these things distintive from one another is that while they can both be controlled, one can be shut off, the other one can't.

We have the free will to pick and choose what we want in this world. The devil cannot force us to play his game. Those who fall prey to Satan, do so out of willfulness or ignorance of the Word. The Lucid Dream has no power of it's own. It's boundaries are defined by where we are willing to take it. Sin begins and ends in the heart of the believer.

John 10

27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father

If anyone "plays" with lucid dreams and ends up on the wrong side of the fence, it's only because they are the ones who wanted to go there.

I understand your point.I think,though,it may be more likely to stray in this fantasy state because it is difficult enough staying alert to temptations while awake.I may be wrong.

It does not sit well with me and I would advise not using WILD.

1Pe 5:8 Stay sober, stay alert! Your enemy, the Adversary, stalks about like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

"Danger?" By obeying the Bible, and "taking every thought into captivity under Christ"? Seems to me that if a Christian can control even his dreaming thoughts and make them holiness to the Lord, he or she has done well.........

My older brother ( a Christian) often had lucid dreams, but he always made them humorous, I never thought of talking to him about making them into prayers.

I've never had the experience of lucid dreaming myself.

I understand your point.I think,though,it may be more likely to stray in this fantasy state because it is difficult enough staying alert to temptations while awake.I may be wrong.

It does not sit well with me and I would advise not using WILD.

1Pe 5:8 Stay sober, stay alert! Your enemy, the Adversary, stalks about like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Wake Initiated Lucid Dreaming-----W.I.L.D.

See the very first word?....Wake. That means you're fully awake. You're not sleeping. You're not in a state of unconsciousness. You are fully aware of your surroundings. The only way you could stray into any dark areas is if you wanted to go there.

And please understand, I am not stating that people should try this. I am simply stating the facts as I believe them to be.