• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Are you weary and heavy laden? God wants to give you rest

Matthew 11:28-30

28"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.

29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.

30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Are you weary and heavy-laden? Do you want to find rest for your soul? The one who promises you this rest is Jesus. The starting point of that rest is accepting him into your heart as Lord and Savior. You need to accept Jesus into your heart as Lord meaning that with His help you will turn away from sin and learn to walk in obedience to the Bible. You need to accept Jesus into your heart as Savior so your sins can be forgiven.

If you have never accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and would like to do so now then please pray with me, " God I know that I am a sinner. And I know I can't enter Heaven unless my sins are forgiven by your son Jesus. Jesus I ask you into my heart as Savior and Lord. Forgive me all my sins and help me to turn away from sin and obey what your Bible teaches."

If you just prayed that prayer please contact me I would love to hear the good news.

Scripture quotations taken from the "NASB" ( www.lockman.org )

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  2

:thumbsup: Bless your heart cool universe! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Php 1:18 What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed, and in that I rejoice. Yes, and I will rejoice,

Php 1:19 for I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance,

Php 1:20 as it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death.

Php 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Courage is the one virtue without which all others are in vain.....

Are you weary and heavy laden? God wants to give you rest

Matthew 11:28-30

28"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.

29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.

30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

And that which we fear has not yet occured (think about it). So why then do we fear?

Just fall, surrender, "Come to Me" there is nothing to fear.

Take courage from Jesus and just surrender.

I remind myself of that every day....

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1

Imagine searching the world for something and you happen to stop to rest and seek information at any random inn for the night, well out of all the chat rooms on the world wide web, this is where I have landed for the night! I am weary, and I need to turn back to Christ because I turned away too long, and I cant make it any further without him. My quest is to figure out what his purpose for me is. it burns within me and I know his plans for meare huge, but I dont know what he is calling me to. he just needs me, and the fire in me. and i know it has to do with end times with the return of Christ, and helping others. thats all I know.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Imagine searching the world for something and you happen to stop to rest and seek information at any random inn for the night, well out of all the chat rooms on the world wide web, this is where I have landed for the night! I am weary, and I need to turn back to Christ because I turned away too long, and I cant make it any further without him. My quest is to figure out what his purpose for me is. it burns within me and I know his plans for meare huge, but I dont know what he is calling me to. he just needs me, and the fire in me. and i know it has to do with end times with the return of Christ, and helping others. thats all I know.

Welcome back! I believe through prayer and time in the Word, He will reveal His plan to you. In the mean time, be a Mary and not a Martha, seek His face and not His hands. He loves you.

xoxo

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Welcome to Worthy.

As with all who have come to Christ, or are being drawn back to Him, there is a burning desire inside us to find out what He has for us to do. First and foremost, we have to deepen our relationship with Him so we will know His voice when we hear it, coming through His Spirit. When we can recognize His voice, we then need to listen for direction. As we study His words, and listen for direction, understanding begins to take root, an understanding that changes us in every way. Once we have reached a place where God wants us to be, He will begin to unveil our calling and election, not before.

I encourage you to seek the deepest relationship with God that you can, then when you reach that depth, allow God to take you further.

God Bless,

Alan

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you, Ive realized that he has been testing my faith in him within the last year, several deaths of loved ones, homelessness, poverty, marital turmoil (my husband is not saved) and because he knows I wont deny him or curse him He's saying 'come back to me' showing me I need him in my life, but I dont know how to rid all the wicked ut of my life so that I can be closer to him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,264
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

No I am not......

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Thank you, Ive realized that he has been testing my faith in him within the last year, several deaths of loved ones, homelessness, poverty, marital turmoil (my husband is not saved) and because he knows I wont deny him or curse him He's saying 'come back to me' showing me I need him in my life, but I dont know how to rid all the wicked ut of my life so that I can be closer to him.

If you are speaking of internal influences and struggles, follow this verse ... James 4:7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. If you are speaking of external struggles, we may never be rid of them. They are how we grow in Him for through Christ, we find victory.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  2

Bless your heart Erin I'm so happy for you. For me the first decade of my salvation I didnt seek Gods will and I didnt know how to be a Christian. I too was surrounded but unbelivers. I was ashamed of my faith though I would never admit it, worried they'd think i was nuts. (many of our friends are bikers, for sure they'd think i'm nuts lol!) turns out they think I'm a little nuts but I dont care anymore, when their chips are down they call me & praise the Lord thats what its all about!

I grew in my faith slowly. I would sin and then feel too ashamed to pray for days. Satan loves that!!! When you sin, immediately talk to the Lord and let him know your regret. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness. This means pray daily and read Gods word, washing your spirit with even just one passage, you'll be shocked at where that leads you and its relevance to exactly what you are going through. In prayer LISTEN. If scripture comes to your mind, look it up. Dont worry about praying in the right way (I would pray cause I didnt know how) Just talk to God.

You are right, the Lord does have great purpose for you and I'm excited for what He has in store for you and hope you remain friends on here so we can see how this develops. Now as far as your husband goes. Unfortunately its most difficult to minister truth to those closest to us (I have issues with my brothers and dad) The thing is, its not our job to convert them. We are changed by the holy spirit within as we draw nearer to the Lord his light shines through us and they cant help but notice that. Pray for God to send people into their lives who would impact them in Christ and that Gods love in you would minister truth and soften their hearts to the Lord.