kiwi

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

This is exactly the point I was making.  Thank you gals.  Even a teen age girl has difficulty living with her mom, let alone an adult woman.  I remember my mom and grandmother bickering, and getting my own ideas how to organize and decorate a home.  And all of us were Christians.  So having another woman as a rival for my husband's affections is to declare war.  

While the children of Israel rejected God when they chose a king, I don't believe this is always the case when we transgress.  There are times that it is done out of ignorance or accidentally, such as in manslaughter.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

I never did have a sister but I got enough harassment from my brothers.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,400
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I never did have a sister but I got enough harassment from my brothers.

It ain't over yet sister :angel:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Walk circumspectly they say....especially around women who seek to provoke you :P

Ladies,  I appreciate you.  I agree with you concerning the seemingly insurmountable task of a poligamous man.  I am still growing in the Lord and learning about our God and how life works in light of who he is.

1 Timothy 3 speaks about what kind of men ought to rule over Gods house.  Nevermind that it says he need be a man of one wife (that gives weight to the argument that more than one would be troublesome but there is already a proof text for that for Paul says plainly that people who get married will have trouble in the flesh) but I wish to draw your attention to the fact that the text reveals that it is entirely possible for a man to lead a wife and children to be obedient.  This fact alone convicted me beyond belief.  I was a horrible leader, for my wife was terrible and my children obnoxious.  Even if God would to look for a man to give another wife to it would not be me.

I spent much time in prayer and study seeking the answer to my lack of ability to lead.  Over time I found answers in our complete guide to life called The Holy Bible!  I began to employ what I found slowly and watched as my wife turned toward obedience and my children as well.  The bible is an amazing guide for certain.  God who has begun a good work in me is still finishing it. 

I am not an advocate of poligamy.  Please understand that but I am unconvinced that God prohibits or condemns it in and of itself.  In a fallen world there is a time for everything.  Marriage is a product of the fall and will be done away with in the resurrection.  Though I do not advocate poligamy, I believe there may be circumstances that warrant its use just as there are circumastances that warrant capitol punishment.  Capital punishment, like marriage, need never be until something happened that brought about a need.  

I reserve the right to be wrong in this but it is where my study has led me and the more people challenge the position the more carved out in stone it becomes for me.  My premise is that there is no way that some things like the very Son of God dying ought to happen but there are circumastances that warrant even the most unthinkable solutions.

May God alone decide what is best.

Thank you Morning Glory for the provocation!  

Walk circumspectly they say....especially around women who seek to provoke you :P

Ladies,  I appreciate you.  I agree with you concerning the seemingly insurmountable task of a poligamous man.  I am still growing in the Lord and learning about our God and how life works in light of who he is.

1 Timothy 3 speaks about what kind of men ought to rule over Gods house.  Nevermind that it says he need be a man of one wife (that gives weight to the argument that more than one would be troublesome but there is already a proof text for that for Paul says plainly that people who get married will have trouble in the flesh) but I wish to draw your attention to the fact that the text reveals that it is entirely possible for a man to lead a wife and children to be obedient.  This fact alone convicted me beyond belief.  I was a horrible leader, for my wife was terrible and my children obnoxious.  Even if God would to look for a man to give another wife to it would not be me.

I spent much time in prayer and study seeking the answer to my lack of ability to lead.  Over time I found answers in our complete guide to life called The Holy Bible!  I began to employ what I found slowly and watched as my wife turned toward obedience and my children as well.  The bible is an amazing guide for certain.  God who has begun a good work in me is still finishing it. 

I am not an advocate of poligamy.  Please understand that but I am unconvinced that God prohibits or condemns it in and of itself.  In a fallen world there is a time for everything.  Marriage is a product of the fall and will be done away with in the resurrection.  Though I do not advocate poligamy, I believe there may be circumstances that warrant its use just as there are circumastances that warrant capitol punishment.  Capital punishment, like marriage, need never be until something happened that brought about a need.  

I reserve the right to be wrong in this but it is where my study has led me and the more people challenge the position the more carved out in stone it becomes for me.  My premise is that there is no way that some things like the very Son of God dying ought to happen but there are circumastances that warrant even the most unthinkable solutions.

Do you believe this Gary? bold and underlined.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

I would like to vote here.I am confused by the statement "Marriage is a product of the fall". I do believe that there is not marriage in heaven.It sounds like Gary has a very negative view of marriage?

I would like to vote here.I am confused by the statement "Marriage is a product of the fall". I do believe that there is not marriage in heaven.It sounds like Gary has a very negative view of marriage?

There is to be the greatest wedding of all - Christ and His Church (bride)... that's what I'm getting my heart spiffied up for :thumbsup:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

I have never heard anything like marriage being the result of the fall.

Jesus' own words say nothing at all like that, that I can see.

Jesus said

Jesus' Teaching about Divorce
4And He answered and said, "Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE5and said, 'FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH '? 6"So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."

They became man and wife from the beginning because of the way God created male and female, not because of the fall.   Marriage was a part of man's existence before the fall.

The key regarding marriage is the need to answer the question has God indeed joined all marriages together?  Or are their marriages that man joins together that God has nothing to do with?

If there are marriages that God has nothing to do with, then the prohibition of divorce by Christ would not apply to those situations.

An example would be a young girl forced into marriage.

The key would be determining if a marriage was joined by God or not.

Edited by thereselittleflower

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Yes, I believe marriage to be part of the fall to be done away with in the ressurection.  I believe what God said about marriage was prophetic in nature.  It being part of the fall in no way negates or casts a shadow on our marriage to Christ.  Just as Adam was a foreshadow of Christ when he gave his life for his wife when he sinned so is the fallen marriage a foreshadow of that which is glorious.  I am 100% OK with anyone who rejects this as true or believes my perception is off for I am not absolutely convinced I am right but merely believe it to be true.

I am learning the difference between believing something and knowing it to be true.  

Believing something means I have followed logical evidence to support an idea that could prove true or false when put to the acid test.

Knowing something is when it sustains the acid test of practical use.

God stands behind his word.  If he said it then it will come to pass.

I must test what I believe God to have said by walking in it.  Once I do so it is proven true and I know it.

Yes, I believe marriage to be part of the fall to be done away with in the ressurection.  I believe what God said about marriage was prophetic in nature.  It being part of the fall in no way negates or casts a shadow on our marriage to Christ.  Just as Adam was a foreshadow of Christ when he gave his life for his wife when he sinned so is the fallen marriage a foreshadow of that which is glorious.  I am 100% OK with anyone who rejects this as true or believes my perception is off for I am not absolutely convinced I am right but merely believe it to be true.

I am learning the difference between believing something and knowing it to be true.  

Believing something means I have followed logical evidence to support an idea that could prove true or false when put to the acid test.

I must test what I believe God to have said by walking in it.  Once I do so it is proven true and I know it.

Well we the children of Adam - but - now the children of God understand we cannot know what selfless marriage was like
but we have an indicator within that it was awesome and complete to perfection.... because of fall we have only the spiritual
idea without experience YET it was not a part of the fall of formed there of because God emulates this design in the marriage
of the Church to Himself in Christ.  A thought to plug into your reasoning with God's Word...  Love, Steven