• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Gossip, this is all this is.

Yep.

Obama is a closet Muslim.

You feel better about yourself now? Its comments like these that really irk me. What if Obama's confession is real, and he is a brother. Do you really desire the look from our Lord when THAT DAY comes?

I wouldn't say he's a muslim...but I have no problem saying he isn't a christian. He's never been in a church that preaches the gospel and there are no christians in Jeremiah Wright's racist "church".

to say it as if it is fact is dangerous.

Believe me, I know that and will stand by that statement.

He has professed to be muslim also (in other countries) and one can not be both. If I told you what I honestly think his "religion" is, you'd think I was just being bombastic. But it's neither of those...

My take, has been and will be he said he confessed Christ as his Lord therefore he is a brother, and I will receive him as such, flaws and all.

Do you not know that you will judge angels?

The "christ" he professed is not the one in the bible. Ever been to a new age "church"? They also profess christ and that is a very different entity altogether.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,925
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

The office of POTUS is a secular one, so I'm not sure if discussions of whether or not Obama is a Christian are appropriate. IMO if a sinner proclaims that he has accepted Christ (which Obama claims to have done), then we as Christians should at least give some weight to that and refrain from discussing it among ourselves.

But that said and out of the way - I do find some interest in this story.

Being such a public and visible office, everything a president does or not does has repercussions. So, it's perfectly acceptable for Obama to honor Muslim holidays if he so chooses. But it is also traditional (if nothing else) for him to honor Christian holidays.

He (or his staff) chose not to do so. I am more interested in the thinking or considerations that might have been behind the decision.

So much of what he does seems to be done with the intention to provoke. Needlessly, I might add. What did he expect to gain by snubbing Easter?

Inquiring minds, as they say, want to know?

Blessings!

-Ed

I'm not sure if discussions of whether or not Obama is a Christian are appropriate.

They are if the subject is "why doesn't that person snub christian holidays?"

Again...I don't observe Easter on purpose if I can help it, either, but it's because I believe there is a better way to honor the resurrection.

But someone who doesn't honor the holiest date in history, nor the Lord, is not His.

I'm not sure if discussions of whether or not Obama is a Christian are appropriate.

Again...I don't observe Easter on purpose if I can help it, either, but it's because I believe there is a better way to honor the resurrection.

But someone who doesn't honor the holiest date in history, nor the Lord, is not His.

How do you know what he honors or not. Honestly yod, you are taking liberty in your assesment. Now I do understand and totally agree that Obama, does have some views that I don't find lines up with Christ, but I will not tread on the ground you are stepping on. Brother you are now judging the very life that is in him...be careful brother.

thanks for your concern. I do appreciate it honestly.

I wouldn't go that far if I weren't certain though. There would be no reason to state it at all, if he wasn't trying to portray himself as a "christian" (during election season only) to divide and confuse the christian voters in America

SOMEONE has to be discerning watchmen and I'm only saying what everyone knows already but are afraid to express...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

President Obama is not a christian he is a Universalist at best. He believes the same thing Oprah does. He may say he's a christian but one only needs to take a cursory look at the fruit he bears in his life to see he's not.

Be careful with the type of judgment that questions the very Life of our Lord in someone.

But he isn't just indifferent and he isn't someone anonymously on a computer screen.

When he stops being ANTI-Christ, there will be room for a re-evaluation and I will be the first in line to welcome him to the Kingdom of Righteousness.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,925
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

But the person we're talking about here is the POTUS, and the way I see it there are two things in play.

The first thing, which pertains to the OP, is why Obama, in the course of executing his office as President, chose to snub the Christian holiday of Easter. Especially in light of his previously issuing proclamations in observance of Muslim holidays. In other words, instead of treating all faiths equally (which a case can be made is what a secular leader should do), he seemingly elevates the Islamic faith above Christianity.

This, to me, is an interesting and appropriate issue to debate on a public policy forum.

As to his personal walk with Christ - whether it's genuine or not? Well, all I can say is he DID observe Easter by going to church with his family. (Though once again it was, as I understand it, a church with a controversial pastor).

I agree with others who say we should tread lightly here. Since I don't know the man personally, I cannot know whether he actually prays, reads the Bible, or does other things that can define one's walk with Christ. Is there a lot of evidence that he does? No.

I will give you this - If I knew him personally and had a close enough relationship with him (i.e. one in which he would give credence to my opinion), I would voice my concerns to him as a Christian brother.

Beyond that, though, I think it's best not to judge somene's Christianity from a distance.

Blessings!

-Ed