IGNORED

Would Jesus have attended a pro-rights rally?

nebula

Would He hold a sign?

:bored-1:

Well, this is what happens when you don't make yourself clear.

How's about wearin' a T-Shirt? :whistling:

I would go with a tank top.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

Man, does the means justify the end? Can you sin in order to reach the lost? :noidea:

Unless you're saying attending one of these rallies is a sin, your question has nothing to do with the topic.

Are you saying it's a sin?

Well it has everything to do with the topic, because it boils down to whether or not we can be seen to appear to support sinful causes while reaching to the Lost. Whether or not attending the rally is a sin for us, is a matter of the heart for each individual and I won't make a blanket judgment.

As for being at the table with sinners, there is no indication that eating with them was equivalent to supporting their behavior. The Pharisees would not associate with such on account of not dirtying themselves, in their eyes, and their self-righteous snobbery.

Jesus was accused of many things but that never stopped Him from preaching the truth.

Sure, but that doesn't mean He would allow Himself to appear as if He supported gay rights, would it?

How was He viewed when He restored a withered hand in the synagogue on the Sabbath?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

No, I don't think He would bother when there is so much here in His back yard to be concerned with. He's skip the rally and come here to figure out why there has been so much bickering going on in His own family. :whistling:

Man, does the means justify the end? Can you sin in order to reach the lost? :noidea:

Unless you're saying attending one of these rallies is a sin, your question has nothing to do with the topic.

Are you saying it's a sin?

Well it has everything to do with the topic, because it boils down to whether or not we can be seen to appear to support sinful causes while reaching to the Lost. Whether or not attending the rally is a sin for us, is a matter of the heart for each individual and I won't make a blanket judgment.

You're getting away from the topic. It's not about us appearing to support sinful causes, it's about whether Jesus would attend a rally or not.

In my heart, I don't believe Jesus would back down. I mean think about it. He carried the very cross He was nailed too. He willingly walked to His physical death, do you really believe He would be worried about what people thought of Him?

I don't.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,388
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Actually I think you have missed the point, man. Since when did going to the sick, imply attending events in such a way as to promote errant / sinful agendas? NEVER!

Jesus was never afraid of how He was perceived. He was challenged many times and try as they might, the Pharisees could not discredit Him.

Jesus (and we) are fully capable of reaching out to the sick, the sinners and tax collectors of our time, without supporting their agendas. No amount of bold red font will change that.

Please show me where the support of sin was even implied.

Support of sin would be implied if a person attended a rally for (sinful) rights.

so was eating with sinners, but he did it anyway.

Eating with and associating with the people he associated himself with wile he was here was no more of a shocking thing than going to a gay pride ralley and ministering to the people there. I'm thinking if I could heal the sick and raise the dead I might be able to do that today myself at these rallies. Since I'm pretty much an average nobody, they don't tend to listen to me.

As for setting up a booth yeah, I can see him doing that, and giving the people what they were actually trading for and not taking advantage of people coming to the temple. If he had the time, I can see him doing just that...... showing others how they should do things.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

As for setting up a booth yeah, I can see him doing that, and giving the people what they were actually trading for and not taking advantage of people coming to the temple. If he had the time, I can see him doing just that...... showing others how they should do things.

I have to disagree with you on that. I've heard from a few sources who have researched the matter that the buying and selling was taking place in the Court of the Gentiles. This was the one and only place in the Temple that Gentiles could come to seek the Lord. By turning the place into a market, they shut out the Gentiles from coming near to the Lord.

This is why Jesus referenced the verse that calls the place "house of prayer."

If He set up a booth there, He'd be joining in taking away the house of prayer.

Do you truly believe He would do that?

You're getting away from the topic. It's not about us appearing to support sinful causes, it's about whether Jesus would attend a rally or not.

I disagree that her and my concern is getting off topic. The concern is related.

If we are to follow Jesus' example, that means that if He would do such, then we could or should do such.

So what would happen if Billy Graham or any other high profile pastor would attend a gay rally? Would they not be seen as supporting gay rights, even if they claimed they were not?

In my heart, I don't believe Jesus would back down. I mean think about it. He carried the very cross He was nailed too. He willingly walked to His physical death, do you really believe He would be worried about what people thought of Him?

Would it have caused His followers to stumble, though?

If He had a follower who "struggled with sexual identity", and this follower saw Jesus at the rally, do you not suppose this follower might feel justified in being pro-gay?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,388
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I have to disagree with you on that. I've heard from a few sources who have researched the matter that the buying and selling was taking place in the Court of the Gentiles. This was the one and only place in the Temple that Gentiles could come to seek the Lord. By turning the place into a market, they shut out the Gentiles from coming near to the Lord.

This is why Jesus referenced the verse that calls the place "house of prayer."

If He set up a booth there, He'd be joining in taking away the house of prayer.

Do you truly believe He would do that?

What they were doing was selling the animals that were required for sacrifices. It was a service to the people coming there, but they were price gouging everyone. If you needed to sacrifice a lamb or dove, and you didn't live on a farm, it was very difficult to get those kinds of animals. I've never heard that Gentiles were forbidden to enter the outer court.

What they were doing was selling the animals that were required for sacrifices. It was a service to the people coming there, but they were price gouging everyone. If you needed to sacrifice a lamb or dove, and you didn't live on a farm, it was very difficult to get those kinds of animals. I've never heard that Gentiles were forbidden to enter the outer court.

That too. But...

The Court of the Gentiles

JEWISH_TEMPLE00000001.gif The entire Temple compound was considered holy, but it became increasingly more holy as one entered farther in, from east to west. King Herod had enclosed the outer court with colonnades and it was referred to as the Court of the Gentiles because the "gentiles" (non-Jews) were permitted to enter the Temple area. They could walk within in it but they were forbidden to go any further than the outer court. They were excluded from entering into any of the inner courts, and warning signs in Greek and Latin were placed that gave warning that the penalty for such trespass was death. The Romans permitted the Jewish authorities to carry out the death penalty for this offence, even if the offender were a Roman citizen. It was for this alleged crime that Paul was attacked and nearly beaten to death by an angry crowd during his last visit to Jerusalem (Acts 21:27-32).

http://www.bible-history.com/jewishtemple/JEWISH_TEMPLEThe_Court_of_the_Gentiles.htm

By turning the Court of the Gentiles into a market, the Gentiles had no place to seek the Lord on the Temple grounds. I mean, would you go to a market to pray?