sachi

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Ted Nugent? Not to open a can of worms, but this is the guy who said "religion makes me want to [expletive]." What place should this have in a Christian's life?

depends on your stance of the term 'religion'. 'religion' has no place in this Christians life, only faith in my relationship w/ the Father.

in Christ

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Ted Nugent? Not to open a can of worms, but this is the guy who said "religion makes me want to [expletive]." What place should this have in a Christian's life?

depends on your stance of the term 'religion'. 'religion' has no place in this Christians life, only faith in my relationship w/ the Father.

in Christ

Agreed, but I think he was meaning it in terms of Christianity!

maybe so, but i focus more on what i take from it, rather than where his efforts were aiming at. ya know. anyway, i have to come clean, i do not even know who ted nugent is ;)

ted nugent??? who does he play for? :oww: j/k

in Christ

maybe so, but i focus more on what i take from it, rather than where his efforts were aiming at. ya know. anyway, i have to come clean, i do not even know who ted nugent is ;)

ted nugent??? who does he play for? :oww: j/k

in Christ

He is an infamous rock and roller from the 70's whose big hit was "Cat Scratch Fever." I don't remember too much about him, but I do remember in some pamphlet about the dangers of rock 'n' roll (not the clean sounds of Elvis and Fats Domino, BTW!) this dude was talked about. I think he has actually tamed down quite a bit-he's been known to call into the Rush Limbaugh show and expound fairly wisely!

i've heard the name, but dont know him from a can of paint. im not a fan of rock-n-roll music either, guess that doesnt help much. btw, who does hank williams play for?lol :x:

in Christ

i've heard the name, but dont know him from a can of paint. im not a fan of rock-n-roll music either, guess that doesnt help much. btw, who does hank williams play for?lol :x:

in Christ

Well, I hope now he is playing for the Lord! To borrow a few words from a tribute song-"Hank sung good and he sung loud; God overheard and He was proud, so He called Hank to sing up there. Now He's got a new singin' place, where the sun shines on his face. Hank Williams sings the blues no more."

BTW, how did we go from discussing Halloween to Hank? Hank, though, is certainly a treat to listen to, LOL!

i hijacked the thread, my fault

as you were.....

in Christ

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

in Christ

Well, I hope now he is playing for the Lord! To borrow a few words from a tribute song-"Hank sung good and he sung loud; God overheard and He was proud, so He called Hank to sing up there. Now He's got a new singin' place, where the sun shines on his face. Hank Williams sings the blues no more."

BTW, how did we go from discussing Halloween to Hank? Hank, though, is certainly a treat to listen to, LOL!

a treat to listen to

A treat to listen too...LOL...I'd give that candy to my brother and let him get sick... ;);)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  187
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/23/1959

IMO Nugent is one sick puppy! I'd take Hank a million times over the Nug. (Oh good grief did I really say that about Hank! :x: ) But I'd much rather have the CANDY!! :oww:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Sorry. 3 in 1, if you are trying to make a point here, I've missed it. I've read Romans countless times, and in chapter 14, Paul is outlining the danger of putting stumbling blocks in front of christian brothers as well as saying whatever we do make sure we do it to the Lord.( paraphrasing )

Seeing you like highlighting certain passages of people's quotes, allow me to highlight one of my own,

People ask questions and people give their veiwpoint. Trouble is some who don't like the answers they get accuse the respondents of stupidity, with no knowledge of scripture, or they are fundamentalists or legalistic or just plain dont know what they are talking about.

Personally I dont care a hoot if people celebrate hallowe'en, christmas, easter or the japaneses new year,as long as it doesn't affect my relationship with the Father and that's paramount to me. All I know is what I read in the bible

Edited by eric