IGNORED

Not Guilty

JHERB

Guest shiloh357

I think it is important to point out that "not guilty" is not the same as being declared "innocent." She was found not guilty because the prosecution did not prove their case beyond all reasonable doubt. There was not enough evidence to convict. By no means does that indicate that the jurists personally found her to be innocent and/or falsely charged.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hmmm . . . Bill O'Reilly made in interesting comment on this:

"But in America today is the burden of proof too high? Have we become a nation that does not make judgments any more about behavior? Is there always an excuse for everything? Reasonable doubt was not raised by Ms. Anthony's lawyers. They ran around concocting a lot of bull they couldn't prove. They correctly challenged the state's evidence but again, expert witnesses, FBI people testified there was chloroform in Ms. Anthony's car, along with a hair that matched those at the death site.

"The jury chose not to believe the experts. Why? That, combined with Casey Anthony's bizarre behavior, actions no innocent person would ever have taken, should have sealed her fate. The Casey Anthony verdict is a dark, dark day in American history, no question. And that's "The Memo.""

Source

Guest shiloh357

Well, with all due respect to Mr. O'Reilly...

"But in America today is the burden of proof too high?
The burden of proof on the prosecution is no different now than it ever was. They must prove beyond a reasonable doubt. That the prosecution in this case did not meet that standard does not mean the standard is to high. The prosecution tried to obtain a conviction they did not haved the evidence to support. They had not have the needed DNA evidence, a murder weapon and they did not have an exact cause of death. They were essentially fighting with one hand tied behind their back. They should have sought a lesser charge and then bring up the more stronger murder charge later when they had the evidence to support it.

Have we become a nation that does not make judgments any more about behavior? Is there always an excuse for everything?
Her appalling behavior, and the behavior of her dysfunctional family, unfortunately, is not evidence.

Reasonable doubt was not raised by Ms. Anthony's lawyers. They ran around concocting a lot of bull they couldn't prove.
I disagree with Mr. O'Reilly on this. They did exactly that, and the jurors agreed with them. They don't have to prove anything. They simply have to create doubt in the minds of the jurors. Their job is to bring up doubt and confusion in the prosecution's claims. There was NO physical evidence that tied Casey Anthony to the death of her little girl. That does not mean she is innocent. It means that the evidence simply does not suppoort a guilty verdict.

They correctly challenged the state's evidence but again, expert witnesses, FBI people testified there was chloroform in Ms. Anthony's car, along with a hair that matched those at the death site.
But no evidence directly tying the chloroform to Casey Anthony. That Kaylee Anthony's hair was found in the car beloning to her mother is not an indication that she was murdered by Casey. In fact, I would expect to find Kaylee's hair and DNA in that car.

"The jury chose not to believe the experts. Why?
Because the defense raised enough doubt and brought forth its own experts who contradicted prosecution experts.

That, combined with Casey Anthony's bizarre behavior, actions no innocent person would ever have taken, should have sealed her fate. The Casey Anthony verdict is a dark, dark day in American history, no question. And that's "The Memo.""
Her behavior is bizzare and I think she had more to do with it than we know. All she did was dodge the bullet. She got off because the prosecution tried to get more than they had the evidence for.

This may have been said already, but who puts duct tape over the mouth and nose to cover up an accident? And then goes out and parties like it's 1999?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Hmmm . . . Bill O'Reilly made in interesting comment on this:

"But in America today is the burden of proof too high? Have we become a nation that does not make judgments any more about behavior? Is there always an excuse for everything? Reasonable doubt was not raised by Ms. Anthony's lawyers. They ran around concocting a lot of bull they couldn't prove. They correctly challenged the state's evidence but again, expert witnesses, FBI people testified there was chloroform in Ms. Anthony's car, along with a hair that matched those at the death site.

"The jury chose not to believe the experts. Why? That, combined with Casey Anthony's bizarre behavior, actions no innocent person would ever have taken, should have sealed her fate. The Casey Anthony verdict is a dark, dark day in American history, no question. And that's "The Memo.""

Source

Neb, that's simply not the case. There were experts that had different testimony as to the science and her actions.

I would only say that i am aware of several people that have served prison time and were then proven not guilty. I have a close relative that was railroaded into prison on a trumped up rape charge. The district attorney talked the poor girl into making a eye witness that he was the one by telling her that if she didn't he'd go free and her rape would never be served justice. After 18 years in prison and hiding the evidence for that 18 years so we could not do DNA tests to show him innocent we finally got access to the evidence and proved his innocence...... He not only didn't get even an apology from the state, they refused to even take him off the sexual predator lists, and would not relieve him from the financial responsibility of paying a monthly victim charge.

He finally just couldn't handle it and killed himself.

I'd much rather see us turn a Casey loose occasionally when the proof just isn't there rather than see others railroaded as was my relative. it made me understand that we have a very serious problem with our justice system in this country for most prosecutors are more concerned with their conviction rate than they are with justice.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

This may have been said already, but who puts duct tape over the mouth and nose to cover up an accident? And then goes out and parties like it's 1999?

According to a couple of psychiatrists I've seen on the news, a person who was abused as a child would behave that way. it would actually be expected.

From what I read it is thought that at least 25% of women have been molested as a child, so it's really not that much of a stretch that it might be true. but none of that was proven either, but her dad and brother refused to take polygraph tests.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

The death of this little baby girl cries out for Justice - there seemingly is none.

The media - especially cable news - covered this trial from day one. The media companies had much time and money invested. The media talking heads who - for the most part - declared the woman guilty had their reputations at stake.

If one were more cynical (and I for one am NEVER cynical where the media is concerned - HA HA) one might suspect the rage and anger expressed by media talking heads over this verdict has as much to do with their being so wrong as it does with the tragic death of an innocent baby.

So the public is outraged. The media is outraged. I am sorely tempted to join the outrage. Declare the justice system is broken and needs to be fixed.

YET . . . .

Before we toss the jury system out, let's think about what the alternative might be. Trial before a judge only, with the state prosecuting? I don't think I'd want that.

I believe the jury system is to justice what Churchill said democracy is to forms of government - the worst system there is. Except for all the others.

Let us remember - all WE know about the case is what we were told by the news media. Probably none of us were in that courtroom, and none of us sat on that jury. The jury DID see, and the jury DID deliberate. We might not like the results (I don't), but as bad as we think it is I believe it is not worth declaring the jury system is broken beyond repair.

Trial by jury is not perfect - it is just another flawed system created by Man. Clunkers like the OJ trial (and now perhaps this one) are the price we pay for an imperfect system - which, at most, probably only gets it right 80 percent of the time.

But I believe it is the best system we'll ever have this side of Heaven.

Blessings!

-Ed

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Thanks for the commentaries.

Guest shiloh357

That is what is so frustrating about this case. There is no DNA evidence or any other evidence that links Casey Anthony with the duct tape. They don't know who put the duct tape there.

That is the thing. Most people with any amount of commonsense knows she is guilty. The circumstantial evidence against her is like a giant neon sign with 20 arrows pointing at her, but getting the necessary DNA evidence, pinpointing the exact cause of death and finding the murder weapon is the problem. And now because the prosecution messed up, even if all of that evidence found later, she cannot be retried for 1st degree murder.

Just about all they can do now is bill her for the cost to the state of Florida for the expenses incurred by law enforcement going off on the wild goose chases resulting from her lies.

She has got to be the most hated woman in the America, just now. There are death threats against her on Facebook and other places. They will have to put her in protective custody, take her out of state, create an entirelly new identity, change her name, her hair, her SSN, and literally make her over as a new person. I would not even rule out plastic surgery (albeit that might be taking it too far). She won't be appearing on any talk shows, writing any books or anything.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

That is what is so frustrating about this case. There is no DNA evidence or any other evidence that links Casey Anthony with the duct tape. They don't know who put the duct tape there.

That is the thing. Most people with any amount of commonsense knows she is guilty. The circumstantial evidence against her is like a giant neon sign with 20 arrows pointing at her, but getting the necessary DNA evidence, pinpointing the exact cause of death and finding the murder weapon is the problem. And now because the prosecution messed up, even if all of that evidence found later, she cannot be retried for 1st degree murder.

Just about all they can do now is bill her for the cost to the state of Florida for the expenses incurred by law enforcement going off on the wild goose chases resulting from her lies.

She has got to be the most hated woman in the America, just now. There are death threats against her on Facebook and other places. They will have to put her in protective custody, take her out of state, create an entirelly new identity, change her name, her hair, her SSN, and literally make her over as a new person. I would not even rule out plastic surgery (albeit that might be taking it too far). She won't be appearing on any talk shows, writing any books or anything.

Well, she hasn't ruled out writing a book, having another child or adopting (which won't happen simply because of what has occurred here). She can likely make millions, but I can emphatically tell you what she WON'T be doing----going to her parents when she's out of jail. They basically want nothing to do with her.

a.