IGNORED

is it wrong to use a kindle (or like device) .....

ayin jade

I don't think it is wrong either. I'll tell you what I know is wrong. This morning, there were 2 young girls sitting on the front row, wearing skirts that barely covered their ho-ha's. And our pastor had to be aware and careful not to look down, being distracted from his message and having to resist the sin which these 2 young ladies brought into the sanctuary. And I saw one of them playing a game on her cell. It really ticks me off, thinking about it now! Do we have an emoticon of steam coming out of one's ears? :13::foot-stomp: Guess these will have to do!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  348
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

I have a kindle and do most all my Bible reading on it. It travels in my purse so easily and I can adjust the size of the font if I forget my glasses. I always take my Bible to church though because I just can't put it aside . It's old with old notes sticking out everywhere and I just cant stand not using it. I would not mind at all for someone using the kindle in church though. It's just sentimental reasons I take my Bible we've been through allot together and I just couldn't leave it on the shelf.......It's a possession that I do love......

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

Wait...the world in the state it is, and people would genuinely be concerned because someone is reading the Bible from a screen rather than from a page?

Seems to me like there are far more important things to get worked up about.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/18/1965

When you go to church, and you bring your bible, would it be wrong to use a kindle device for your bible in church?

This sparked a convo earlier. Im curious how board members feel.

I guess it all depends.

Will men consider it wrong?

or

Will God consider it wrong?

If you're looking to men, then the problem doesn't lie in what type of Bible you're using.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Why would God consider it wrong????

When you go to church, and you bring your bible, would it be wrong to use a kindle device for your bible in church?

I don't see a problem with it, but searching through the text on some phones or e-readers would be a royal pain. All bets are off if they're surfing Facebook, or ESPN though! :laugh: I'd probably have to say something . . . :whistling:

I do bring a Kindle to church -- but not to use during the service. I use it in the park in the morning before church and after if the weather is decent. I ride almost 7 miles on a mountain bike to church, and the hard back study Bible that weighs 20 pounds stays home.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

I can't imagine it being wrong or anyone even caring.

You would be surprised Shiloh

Actually I wish everyone had one, it would make sermons go faster, as people would not be spending 5 minuets flipping through trying to find habakkuk....whistling.gif

Then there's always the hassle of finding the book of Hezekiah . . . :whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

If it turned into a clicky thing... dividing the church between the have's and the have not's... maybe there would be an issue. But really :noidea: the Word is the Word.

Wait...the world in the state it is, and people would genuinely be concerned because someone is reading the Bible from a screen rather than from a page?

Seems to me like there are far more important things to get worked up about.

There are far more important things to get worked up about. :thumbsup: I'm sure someone will get steamed about it somewhere, though. People can be like that . . . :whistling: