• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/23/1971

I am in charge of the monthly newsletter for my church. After attending church last week and noticing that not even half of the "regulars" were there, God told me He wanted me to write this article and put the other article aside for now. I thought I'd share my article here.

Church

During the summer / warmer months, church attendance appears to be sparse. Jesus talks about how important it is to continue to assemble as a church. It is necessary for our spiritual well-being. We need to be with other Christians to encourage one another and to worship God.

“And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” Hebrews 10:24-25

Attending church on a regular basis through-out the year, increases our faith and builds us up spiritually. This is important when we come face to face with conflicts to our faith. Keeping our focus on God and His Word is necessary so there is no opening for satan to get in.

God wants us to go to church. He designed the church as a place where spiritual leaders can watch out for us. If we answer to ourselves and to this world of sin, we can easily fall into sinful attitudes and / or sinful actions.

The elders who are among you I exhort, I who am a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that will be revealed: Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly; nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock; and when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that does not fade away. 1 Peter 5:1-5

Church only sometimes, will hinder your spiritual life and you will be tempted to conform to the sins of this world.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 13:1

Sure it is easy to skip church because you want to get an early start to your day, or maybe you are vacationing. That seems innocent enough. What is the harm in that? When we put our wants and needs first, it leads to worldly and fleshy pleasures, and that becomes idolatry. Church is a very important part of our spiritual life, without it, we fall short.

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world -- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life -- is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever. 1 John 2:15-17

You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. Exodus 20:3-4

And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God, Titus 2:12

Jesus answered, 'My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here. John 18:36

Blessings,

love, sister-in-Christ,

Jane

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Very good article, JHerb. :)

• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

That's a great reminder!!.... :emot-heartbeat:

Is this on mid-week service only and not on Sundays?

The reason I'm asking is because July and August are the times our church members go on vacations. Therefore we experience a drop in attendance of the regular members mid~week and on Sunday.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I have really fallen down in this area recently.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

I am in charge of the monthly newsletter for my church. After attending church last week and noticing that not even half of the "regulars" were there, God told me He wanted me to write this article and put the other article aside for now. I thought I'd share my article here.

Church

During the summer / warmer months, church attendance appears to be sparse. Jesus talks about how important it is to continue to assemble as a church. It is necessary for our spiritual well-being. We need to be with other Christians to encourage one another and to worship God.

“And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” Hebrews 10:24-25

Attending church on a regular basis through-out the year, increases our faith and builds us up spiritually. This is important when we come face to face with conflicts to our faith. Keeping our focus on God and His Word is necessary so there is no opening for satan to get in.

God wants us to go to church. He designed the church as a place where spiritual leaders can watch out for us. If we answer to ourselves and to this world of sin, we can easily fall into sinful attitudes and / or sinful actions.

The elders who are among you I exhort, I who am a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that will be revealed: Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly; nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock; and when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that does not fade away. 1 Peter 5:1-5

Church only sometimes, will hinder your spiritual life and you will be tempted to conform to the sins of this world.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 13:1

Sure it is easy to skip church because you want to get an early start to your day, or maybe you are vacationing. That seems innocent enough. What is the harm in that? When we put our wants and needs first, it leads to worldly and fleshy pleasures, and that becomes idolatry. Church is a very important part of our spiritual life, without it, we fall short.

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world -- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life -- is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever. 1 John 2:15-17

You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. Exodus 20:3-4

And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God, Titus 2:12

Jesus answered, 'My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here. John 18:36

Blessings,

love, sister-in-Christ,

Jane

Thank you, Jane. I have been using the excuse of getting off of work at 7 am on Sun morning not to go, I need to start making it a habit to go regularly.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

The reason I'm asking is because July and August are the times our church members go on vacations. Therefore we experience a drop in attendance of the regular members mid~week and on Sunday.

Half of our membership are teachers or work for the school system most of them take off for a few weeks, some even for a month at a time. And we are a very small fellowship. But those members when they travel hook up with other small fellowships or other places of worship and we get people from everywhere who travel through and attend services with us. Sometimes there 20 or so other times up to 50 but once summer is over things go back to normal.

shalom,

Mizz

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Half of our membership are teachers or work for the school system most of them take off for a few weeks, some even for a month at a time. And we are a very small fellowship. But those members when they travel hook up with other small fellowships or other places of worship and we get people from everywhere who travel through and attend services with us. Sometimes there 20 or so other times up to 50 but once summer is over things go back to normal.

shalom,

Mizz

:) Thanks...

With me posting questions, I omitted that...

I too need to do a better job at attending mid~week service... :b:.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,884
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

Amen and Amen, Jane. This is excellent and a gentle reminder to all.

One thing that many times is forgotten also, is when folks are on vacation, sometimes they take "vacation" from attending church. Visiting churches when traveling is very rewarding, also. The point is, to assemble together for worship.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/17/1971

Church

Blessings,

love, sister-in-Christ,

Jane

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/17/1971

I hope I'm gettin this right here lol I do agree with you jane we do need church or we will fall out of our spiritual walk with the Lord ty for putting this here