• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  373
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  09/10/1963

As you noticed I capitalized the word opinion.

I did with good reason. I want to stress the point that replies are your personal opinions and not fact from the Bible.

I tried posting this at other forums and I either had gotten the same answer that sin is sin. (which I know)

Or I had started some small debates which led me to not any answer that I was trying to find out.

So I'm going to try it again here by phrasing this differently.

(Please keep in mind that I just want YOUR OPINION) I don't want any biblical scriptures because it is going to be that sin is sin.

Basically do you believe that there are some sins that would be considered to be worse then others in the eyes of God.

Example being that Murder is to be worse then stealing ...

Now what about other sins? Which ones and where do they rank in you OPINION? :noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

From what I can tell, severity of sin is merited by its effects.

People with higher callings are punished more severely than those not so called. An example is the prophet who disobeyed God's instruction and was killed by a lion.

Sins that effect more people are punished more severely than those affecting few. That's why leaders are dealt a heavy hand more than the commoner.

Does that make sense?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Since sin is any disobedience to the known law and will of God the answer to your question is that there is no difference between the sin of adultery and any other sin; the sin of lying and any other sin. Sin is sin and the penalty for sin applies for any and all sin. It is only man, who in an effort to be self-righteous, compares the severity of sin. That is my opinion based upon my study and reading of God's Word.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

MY OPINION:

Is that if one looks at the Old Testament you would find different degrees of punishments for different sins.

Then came Grace and Faith in the Body of Jesus Christ, who died and was raised from the dead for the atonement of ours sins. So to the person that has accepted Jesus in their hearts as their Lord and Savior, their sins will be washed away by the Blood of Jesus.

In modern terms, Jesus' Blood is a thousand time stronger then {Oxi Clean} washing away all traces of any degree of stain in our sin. There will be no measurement of sin for Jesus as made us as pure as the white driven snow, as God looks at us through the Blood of His Son.

That's my Opinion you are welcome to yours.

Dennis.

Edited by OldShep

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Since sin is any disobedience to the known law and will of God the answer to your question is that there is no difference between the sin of adultery and any other sin; the sin of lying and any other sin. Sin is sin and the penalty for sin applies for any and all sin. It is only man, who in an effort to be self-righteous, compares the severity of sin. That is my opinion based upon my study and reading of God's Word.

Agreed, this too is my opinion, and well put I might add!

I believe God has shown different degrees of punishment for different sins. I would suggest an unsaved Hitler will face more teeth gnashing than an unsaved Mary Poppins.

( yes I know MP isn't real)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Agreed, this too is my opinion, and well put I might add!

Right

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What we need to clarify is what is meant by "worse"?

All sin is punishable by death according to the law of God. So by this measure all sins are equal.

However, some sins have more sever consequences than others by their actions and by the punishment given to them here on earth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,390
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

What we need to clarify is what is meant by "worse"?

All sin is punishable by death according to the law of God. So by this measure all sins are equal.

However, some sins have more sever consequences than others by their actions and by the punishment given to them here on earth.

i would agree Neb. There are some things that God just doesn't seem to even tolerate. All sin will send you to hell if you do not have the saving Grace of Jesus, but some things he hasn't tolerated at all even here on earth.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/19/1954

Yes Neb...

Sin has three consequences...

Spiritual that Jesus has to take care of by his sacrifice of love.

then there is soulish and physical consequences. Take alcoholism for exp, the spiritual is like all other sins or requires Jesus to deal with.

The soulish consequences are destroyed family relationships and the loss of old friends and a new class of friends from the bar and legal consequences.

and the Physical consequence which is a ruined liver that could kill the body, if no miracle is available.

Edited by glf