IGNORED

Halal foods - have you seen them or would you eat them

Littlelambseativy

Guest Kasey777

Blien

Your statement that Allah is not a "god" is not true...let me explain.

Adonai...the one and only God has said over and over again in both the Old Covenant and the New Covenant that His people had "followed after strange gods"...that His people were to worship no other "god" before Him.

We can equate these lesser "gods" as idols that pagans worshipped and even the gentiles of the day....

When Moses went up on the mountain to be with God for 40 days....what did the people left at the base of the mountain do who were left with Aaron??

They said to themselves "Moses must be dead, let us carve out our own "god" and worship it...and they metlted all their gold and made that golden calf...I think you know the rest of the story...

Allah is a false "god", he is as false as all the other made up "gods" and idols that have ever been. Now...if we look at scripture in both the Old and New Covenants Adonai is very clear about the fact that His people are NOT to eat anything sacrificed for a false "god".

When a Muslim, or Buddist or any other person "dedicates" food to a false "god" it becomes forbidden for us to consume, because once that sacrifice or dedication occurs it becomes an act of "worship" to that false "god".

I hope this helps clear up the waters on the subject. And Blien....you are correct that there is no other GOD than the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, from whom our savior the Messiah Jesus is His son. Blessings,

Edited by Kasey777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

I guess I became aware of the halal after seeing a restaurant that was advertising as halal.

In reading the Bible we as Christians are told not to eat foods offered to idols. 1 Cor. 8:7, 10:19.

What I find amazing is how it seemingly came in unnoticed. Now I will have to read the label not just for ingredients but also for halal. Chicken, beef, lamb, bread cookies, crackers etc. if you eat unknowingly it is forgiven but to eat it knowingly??? You know the answer.

You MIGHT want to read that passage again about not eating meat offered to idols.

1Cr 8:4-13 Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that there is no such thing as an idol in the world, and that there is no God but one. For even if there are so-called gods whether in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him. However not all men have this knowledge; but some, being accustomed to the idol until now, eat food as if it were sacrificed to an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled. But food will not commend us to God; we are neither the worse if we do not eat, nor the better if we do eat. But take care that this liberty of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak. For if someone sees you, who have knowledge, dining in an idol's temple, will not his conscience, if he is weak, be strengthened to eat things sacrificed to idols? For through your knowledge he who is weak is ruined, the brother for whose sake Christ died. And so, by sinning against the brethren and wounding their conscience when it is weak, you sin against Christ. Therefore, if food causes my brother to stumble, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause my brother to stumble.

Paul never states it's a sin to eat such things, but that it's only a sin if you do it and cause another brother with a weak conscience to do it and thus violate that person's conscience.

1Cr 10:25,26 Eat anything that is sold in the meat market without asking questions for conscience' sake; FOR THE EARTH IS THE LORD'S, AND ALL IT CONTAINS.

In other words: Don't sweat it.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Hey Kasey777 and Littlelambseativy, I'm in the same boat with Paul..

Acts 19:26

And you see and hear how this fellow Paul has convinced and led astray large numbers of people here in Ephesus and in practically the whole province of Asia. He says that man-made gods are no gods at all.

Those pagan so called "gods" that people still worship today are not gods. They don't breath, they don't live, they can't affect my life if I trust in them or not because they are figmints of the imagination that someone created. And as someone else has said at one time "I can't affoard to be impressed by them".. That is why I eat those foods and I don't feel guilty of commiting a sin because it isn't a sin. They are make-believe gods that no one has found anywhere and I'm not worshiping them if I eat food deticated to them..... Because they don't exist and my affections are another!

However there is one God and He has a Son, Jesus, and my focus and attention is on Him in all thngs. If I eat something I give thanks to the Lord and bless His name because He gave the seeds for planting and the crops for the harvest. Many different kinds of foods with my different colors and tastes. And the animals He created for us... it is Him I should be conscious of, not any other.

Now if I set my affections on what a pagan calls a "god" then my God, the God of everlasting will be ignited in His jealousy for my affections for another. Even when He Himself fully knows this "god" is just a figmint of someone's imagination.. He gets jealous because I was created for Him and have turned away to worthless things.. listen to what He says here..

Isaiah 44:12-19

12 The blacksmith stands at his forge to make a sharp tool, pounding and shaping it with all his might. His work makes him hungry and weak. It makes him thirsty and faint. 13 Then the wood-carver measures a block of wood and draws a pattern on it. He works with chisel and plane and carves it into a human figure. He gives it human beauty and puts it in a little shrine.... 15 Then he uses part of the wood to make a fire. With it he warms himself and bakes his bread. Then—yes, it’s true—he takes the rest of it and makes himself a god to worship! He makes an idol and bows down in front of it! 16 He burns part of the tree to roast his meat and to keep himself warm. He says, “Ah, that fire feels good.” 17 Then he takes what’s left and makes his god: a carved idol! He falls down in front of it, worshiping and praying to it. “Rescue me!” he says. “You are my god!”...... 19 The person who made the idol never stops to reflect, “Why, it’s just a block of wood! I burned half of it for heat and used it to bake my bread and roast my meat. How can the rest of it be a god? Should I bow down to worship a piece of wood?”

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,231
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Hey Kasey777 and Littlelambseativy, I'm in the same boat with Paul..

Acts 19:26

And you see and hear how this fellow Paul has convinced and led astray large numbers of people here in Ephesus and in practically the whole province of Asia. He says that man-made gods are no gods at all.

Those pagan so called "gods" that people still worship today are not gods. They don't breath, they don't live, they can't affect my life if I trust in them or not because they are figmints of the imagination that someone created. And as someone else has said at one time "I can't affoard to be impressed by them".. That is why I eat those foods and I don't feel guilty of commiting a sin because it isn't a sin. They are make-believe gods that no one has found anywhere and I'm not worshiping them if I eat food deticated to them..... Because they don't exist and my affections are another!

However there is one God and He has a Son, Jesus, and my focus and attention is on Him in all thngs. If I eat something I give thanks to the Lord and bless His name because He gave the seeds for planting and the crops for the harvest. Many different kinds of foods with my different colors and tastes. And the animals He created for us... it is Him I should be conscious of, not any other.

Now if I set my affections on what a pagan calls a "god" then my God, the God of everlasting will be ignited in His jealousy for my affections for another. Even when He Himself fully knows this "god" is just a figmint of someone's imagination.. He gets jealous because I was created for Him and have turned away to worthless things.. listen to what He says here..

Isaiah 44:12-19

12 The blacksmith stands at his forge to make a sharp tool, pounding and shaping it with all his might. His work makes him hungry and weak. It makes him thirsty and faint. 13 Then the wood-carver measures a block of wood and draws a pattern on it. He works with chisel and plane and carves it into a human figure. He gives it human beauty and puts it in a little shrine.... 15 Then he uses part of the wood to make a fire. With it he warms himself and bakes his bread. Then—yes, it’s true—he takes the rest of it and makes himself a god to worship! He makes an idol and bows down in front of it! 16 He burns part of the tree to roast his meat and to keep himself warm. He says, “Ah, that fire feels good.” 17 Then he takes what’s left and makes his god: a carved idol! He falls down in front of it, worshiping and praying to it. “Rescue me!” he says. “You are my god!”...... 19 The person who made the idol never stops to reflect, “Why, it’s just a block of wood! I burned half of it for heat and used it to bake my bread and roast my meat. How can the rest of it be a god? Should I bow down to worship a piece of wood?”

I would think that the carved figure is not the god itself, but what the figure represents.... and there are fallen angels who have represented themselves as gods throughout history. When Moses and Aaron threw down his staff and turned it into a snake, the Egyptian priests did the same.... While I don't see them as a spiritual danger to us, I don't think it's wise to take the attitude that they don't exist, for the Bible does say in the scripture that BB posted they do. I think it not wise to say that Allah does not exist, though he/it certainly isn't the God we follow. i would ask, is it simply idol worthip when Catholics bow and cross themselves in front of an image of Christ on the cross??

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Hardee's has my indignation right now for their 'god of hamburgers' blasphemous ad. The manager of one's of the local Hardee's here in my area covered the scantily dressed Miss Turkey life-sized display during the tenure of that ad, but he's allowed "Hamblor" to go untouched. Grrr. God of hamburgers indeed.

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I would think that the carved figure is not the god itself, but what the figure represents.... and there are fallen angels who have represented themselves as gods throughout history. When Moses and Aaron threw down his staff and turned it into a snake, the Egyptian priests did the same.... While I don't see them as a spiritual danger to us, I don't think it's wise to take the attitude that they don't exist, for the Bible does say in the scripture that BB posted they do. I think it not wise to say that Allah does not exist, though he/it certainly isn't the God we follow. i would ask, is it simply idol worthip when Catholics bow and cross themselves in front of an image of Christ on the cross??

I still hold to they don't exist.. I have seen demons I have had battles with them in the spirit and in the physical, but they are not god's and if I welcome the presence of God they go away. It's the same with food.. if we welcome the presence of God the demons or whatever curses there maybe on it, will go away.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,231
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I still hold to they don't exist.. I have seen demons I have had battles with them in the spirit and in the physical, but they are not god's and if I welcome the presence of God they go away. It's the same with food.. if we welcome the presence of God the demons or whatever curses there maybe on it, will go away.

That's a bit simplistic, and for the most part I would agree..... but not every time.... remember that kind that takes fasting and prayer, and very few people are prepared to tackle one of those..... and remember that in the times that most of us think we are in, the dark side will be given much more authority to do stuff than they have had over the past 6,000 years.

As our pastor said a few months ago about we may well be left with the choice of do we die well or not..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

The way I took gods/idols/graven images can be anything in life that we put before God.

Yes it canbe images/idols, diety's (mythology, wicca ect....) but in todays world it could include computers (internet), television, sports, cars, jobs, money....ect

IMO nothing has power over you and your life unless you put your time, devotion, energy into it.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

But if you knowingly eat meat offered to idols you convict yourself simply through your own knowledge. On the other hand if you eat and have absolutely NO idea that you are eating food offered to idols you are innocent of the command - as in a meat that says halal or cookies or cakes or bread etc. Particularly knowing the words that they use to 'bless' the product - and the Muslim unlike the Jews, must say that prayer over EACH animal. The Jewish say the blessing over the first and last (I believe).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jigggar

hi ther, sorry but ur wrong. Allah isnt a "false" god. It is the Arabic word for God also used by Arab christians and even a jew that speaks arabic wld say Allah. The same as a spanish person would call God, Dios or a french person would call God, Deu. Different names but stil talkin about the One God of Moses, Jesus, Adam and Muhammad (may peace be upon them all).

Blien

Your statement that Allah is not a "god" is not true...let me explain.

Adonai...the one and only God has said over and over again in both the Old Covenant and the New Covenant that His people had "followed after strange gods"...that His people were to worship no other "god" before Him.

We can equate these lesser "gods" as idols that pagans worshipped and even the gentiles of the day....

When Moses went up on the mountain to be with God for 40 days....what did the people left at the base of the mountain do who were left with Aaron??

They said to themselves "Moses must be dead, let us carve out our own "god" and worship it...and they metlted all their gold and made that golden calf...I think you know the rest of the story...

Allah is a false "god", he is as false as all the other made up "gods" and idols that have ever been. Now...if we look at scripture in both the Old and New Covenants Adonai is very clear about the fact that His people are NOT to eat anything sacrificed for a false "god".

When a Muslim, or Buddist or any other person "dedicates" food to a false "god" it becomes forbidden for us to consume, because once that sacrifice or dedication occurs it becomes an act of "worship" to that false "god".

I hope this helps clear up the waters on the subject. And Blien....you are correct that there is no other GOD than the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, from whom our savior the Messiah Jesus is His son. Blessings,