• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I in the last couple of years have observed some things in the Body of Christ and it has broken my heart.

I see the "church" believers accepting things and approving of things that are in my opinion just plain wrong. Believers wanting to ignore what scripture says and trying to twist it to fit their own belief system.

I know what it says about in the last days many will fall away and turn from the truth and that is just what is happening. I'm hearing Christians say things about alternative lifestyles that "well maybe God did make them that way who are we to judge?" Or I have heard Christians say, I see nothing wrong in drinking with my non Christian friends, I want to fit in and not seem "holiere then thou" I actually have a Christian friend who will watch movies with all kinds of cursing in it, when asked if it bothered her she said yes but she will still watch them.

I am more convinced now more then ever we are coming down to the wire. We as believers are going to have to make a choice. Are we going to blend in and not rock the boat? or are we going to be that light that Jesus called us to be? I have seen to many Christians trying to stand with one foot in the world and the other in the Kingdom of God and that never works. We are not to be a silent people. Someone once said if we could just get a split second glimps of hell we would be out stopping everyone on the street telling them about Jesus.

I'm asking you as I did myself, are we going to keep silent, or are we going to be those who God called us to be, preaching the gospel to all the world and making sure that those we meet has a chance to join us on this journey to eternity with God.?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

There is no sin in drinking as long as you don't get drunk. Jesus drank wine.

You will most likely hear cuss words every day so I don't see a problem with watching movies with cussing.

Edited by LIONFURY

I in the last couple of years have observed some things in the Body of Christ and it has broken my heart.

I see the "church" believers accepting things and approving of things that are in my opinion just plain wrong. Believers wanting to ignore what scripture says and trying to twist it to fit their own belief system.

I know what it says about in the last days many will fall away and turn from the truth and that is just what is happening. I'm hearing Christians say things about alternative lifestyles that "well maybe God did make them that way who are we to judge?" Or I have heard Christians say, I see nothing wrong in drinking with my non Christian friends, I want to fit in and not seem "holiere then thou" I actually have a Christian friend who will watch movies with all kinds of cursing in it, when asked if it bothered her she said yes but she will still watch them.

I am more convinced now more then ever we are coming down to the wire. We as believers are going to have to make a choice. Are we going to blend in and not rock the boat? or are we going to be that light that Jesus called us to be? I have seen to many Christians trying to stand with one foot in the world and the other in the Kingdom of God and that never works. We are not to be a silent people. Someone once said if we could just get a split second glimps of hell we would be out stopping everyone on the street telling them about Jesus.

I'm asking you as I did myself, are we going to keep silent, or are we going to be those who God called us to be, preaching the gospel to all the world and making sure that those we meet has a chance to join us on this journey to eternity with God.?

As I said we are to be different from the world... a light. Those who confess Jesus are to be those lights, I dont' believe you can do with a drink in your hand or watching movies that take the Lords name in vain.. I guess the question is, if Jesus were to come back and you were drinking or watching a movie with everyone taking the Lords name in vain would you be proud of that?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Glad to see others noticing, Rusty! Through the past few years, there have been threads on this board pertaining to this very subject, but they get hijacked about what we are allowed to do and what we are not allowed to do, instead of the message of being Christ like. Too many today are trying to find that fine line they can walk up to, but not willing to cross. What people fail to realize is we are what we feed ourselves ... of as Neb puts it ... garbage in, garbage out.

Romans 12:1-3

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

[

As I said we are to be different from the world... a light. Those who confess Jesus are to be those lights, I dont' believe you can do with a drink in your hand or watching movies that take the Lords name in vain.. I guess the question is, if Jesus were to come back and you were drinking or watching a movie with everyone taking the Lords name in vain would you be proud of that?

Jesus managed to be a light with a drink in his hand and ate with those who took the Lord's name in vain

Matthew 9:10

King James Version (KJV)

10And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.

Luke 22:20

20Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

[

Jesus managed to be a light with a drink in his hand and ate with those who took the Lord's name in vain

King James Version (KJV)

10And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.

20Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

There is a vast differece between having wine with a meal and going out drinking with some gentile buddies. Messiah nor the apostles were walking around with a wineskin full of wine while they declared the news of the coming kingdom. And yes certainly every single person on this earth will hear a cuss word or two as well as other things yet it does not mean we should be allowing those things from our mouths or into our lives.

There are good people, good believers who can listen to cuss words, watch some questionable movies who are not in danger of falling prey to the entrapment behind it, there are also others who are in danger of being around all that and falling prey to it. The best course of action we can take is to avoid for ourselves the things we know are a danger, we also should avoid going out drinking and having a grand time with gentile people. By our actions we are judged by all those around us, you can say thats right or wrong but its the way God set it up, His chosen elect should portray all the godliness Yeshua did, and we know that Messiah never got drunk, with anyone, nor did He go around cussing and all that nonsense. By our actions, our deeds, our words, through our lives we are to be set apart for the world to see His glory and grace and by that others would want to have the shalom and blessing only He can give. And frankly one can not shine His light when they are stumbling around drunk with the unsaved or cussing like a sailor either.

shalom,

Mizz

[

King James Version (KJV)

There is a vast differece between having wine with a meal and going out drinking with some gentile buddies. Messiah nor the apostles were walking around with a wineskin full of wine while they declared the news of the coming kingdom. And yes certainly every single person on this earth will hear a cuss word or two as well as other things yet it does not mean we should be allowing those things from our mouths or into our lives.

There are good people, good believers who can listen to cuss words, watch some questionable movies who are not in danger of falling prey to the entrapment behind it, there are also others who are in danger of being around all that and falling prey to it. The best course of action we can take is to avoid for ourselves the things we know are a danger, we also should avoid going out drinking and having a grand time with gentile people. By our actions we are judged by all those around us, you can say thats right or wrong but its the way God set it up, His chosen elect should portray all the godliness Yeshua did, and we know that Messiah never got drunk, with anyone, nor did He go around cussing and all that nonsense. By our actions, our deeds, our words, through our lives we are to be set apart for the world to see His glory and grace and by that others would want to have the shalom and blessing only He can give. And frankly one can not shine His light when they are stumbling around drunk with the unsaved or cussing like a sailor either.

shalom,

Mizz

amen and amen!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

Most of this topic boils down to common sense: what do I want others to see as my living testimony for my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ?

Instead, many people nit-pick and try to determine what is lawful for them to do according to the Bible. Back to common sense and your living testimony:

1 Corinthians 6:12 (KJV) 12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

1 Corinthians 10:23 (KJV) 23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

Other areas of common sense: 1 - there was no refrigeration or water treatment plants for most of recorded history, so many things one could drink could make one extremely ill or kill them, 2 - plain grape juice was called wine and new wine when it was fresh (mainly what Jesus Christ drank), 3 - all fruit juices will ferment sooner or later and have some alcohol content - most very weak compared to what we have today, 4 - the Bible makes a distinction with "strong drink" as opposed to new wine or wine. Many people ate and drank various things for safety and health reasons because there was little or nothing else to choose from. We don't have this excuse today.

When in doubt, remember that you should have a pleasing testimony for God:

Romans 12:1-2 KJV I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

I have been watching websites that are Christian accepting everything as well. Words have the value we put on them...we assigned the meanings. But you are right Rusty...and Christian leadership is also slipping back letting pretty much anything happen. (I don't go out much can you tell?)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I love wine. :noidea: