• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

well then i wont listen to most televangelist as it seems to be thing to do is preach another gospel.

Many do Jason, but then again there are some good, straightforward preachers on TV as well.

One thing I dislike intensely about some are that they will give a sermon on say for example, forgiveness. At the end of the session they will then advertise their "DVD series" on forgiveness.

It's a sales pitch from a different angle, using scripture as the hook.

Almost like selling the new amazing, Teflon coated, non stick frying pan you can't do without.....

Seriously, it's very "forgiving" when frying eggs. Want one? Buy it now and I will throw in a veggie peeler!

And if you buy my DVD series on forgiveness, I will throw in a little wooden cross made from a tree that comes from the Holy Land for free!

If you see what I mean?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Over 120 posts of bantering . . . and where have we gone?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Sounds to me like it's time to scrape whatever that is off our shoes and walk on. You've told this individual over and over that Mr. Osteen is a false teacher, and they just continue to wallow in the falsehood rather than accept correction.

.... I don't think it is right to backbite and hurt someone's reputation.... a Godly Preacher ...who preaches about the promises of God ...such as Joel Olsteen. That is what some of you are doing to him.... Joel Olsteen..... All I came in here for is to say good things about the man....

Yes Beloved

Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.

And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.

I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. John 12:44-48

The Promises Of God

~

.... I guess when you see someone who you consider a friend, someone you look up to, being attacked, it can feel personal....

Yeap

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 2 Timothy 2:24

The Truth

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14

The Whole Truth

Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:7-10

And Nothing But The Truth

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. Mark 9:47-48

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

Bottom line seems to be that we have honest disagreements of opinion amongst ourselves. That is fine. Mature adults should be able to agree to disagree and remain friends.

Joel's father, the late John Osteen, started the church in the 1950s. It was started as a Baptist church and then John had some disagreements with denominational leaders and went independent. Like most things, it has evolved and changed over time.

So it is what it is. Some people don't like the size. Others don't like the style. Others don't like the doctrine. Fine. This is the great thing about religious freedom. It's like going to a restaurant, you pick what you WANT to eat. You don't attack the kitchen and demand they stop serving whatever or close down.

How a person defines "false teacher" varies widely. It's not a kind tag to hang on anyone, but we've all heard it before. There may be many people we look up to and admire as leaders, but ultimately each person is responsible for what he/she believes. Unlike some cult figures, Osteen never asks anyone to put their faith in him.

Osteen may well be more motivational speaker than stereotypical pastor. Fine. If people didn't like what he was saying, they wouldn't support him. That choice is up to each of us.

.... That choice is up to each of us....

Amen

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

Choose Jesus

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

And Live

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

Or Not

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:35-36

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.

I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.

Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people. Deuteronomy 32:39-43

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Joel Osteen is not a false teacher. I know of the disappointment when he engages in the public arena, and that is unfortunate. But what we see on his telecasts are his speaking to his congregation after a week of them meeting together in small groups, and participating in prayer and worship throughout the week and getting their meat there. What people are seeing as unbalanced just isn't so. What we see in his televised messages is his encouraging the Body of Christ, a celebration of Jesus Christ and who we are in Christ. This is how a lot of cell churches are.

The few times I have caught his program, I have never heard one word of error.

Those who know Jesus don't need the gospel preached as a regular diet. When we come together to celebrate Jesus, we feast on encouragement. It's DESSERT---for THEM. I think this is what people are complaining about, but as we are not members of Joel's particular flock, we have no reason to complain about the food he gives his flock. We are to be concerned with what our own shepherds are teaching us. Muttering about others' shepherds is simply the sin of gossip. Listening to it and repeating it is also.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  8

I believe in Gods' promises...the positive verses in scripture...doesn't your bible have them in it ? Just because I am not writing down the bible verses ...doesn't mean I am speaking of some differant doctrine , so quit judging me, about that.

Do you believe in the promises of God?

I am not twisting anything here ...you are misunderstanding my views on this topic about Joels' Ministry.

Instead you are making me the Topic here, attacking me.

You think what you want of me... I will speak positive things about God and His word.

You are being hateful and mean to me , because of the good that I speak about God, and His word and His Preachers .

God bless you... Cobalt

No one here is judging you. That is a false accusation. Learn how the word is used, biblically, and what it's meaning is before you begin tossing around the "J" word.

How ...Insulting !

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

This has gone on long enough ... closed for review

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

I am going to reopen this again. I pray that the insults and attacks stop! If it does not, we will deal with those who refuse to abide with the terms of service, which are ...

Abuse of other posters is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, insulting, harassing, threatening or in any way invading the privacy of another poster.

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted! Users that cannot respect others will be banned. (Lev. 19:18)