• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

ayin jade

I like sermons that make me squirm. I like uncomfortable sermons. Those force me to examine myself in light of Christ.

Amen jade! An "uncomfortable sermon" given with grace and love can make me "squirm" as well! Back when I was just starting to walk I used to get quite upset with the pastor, and felt that he was targeting me.

Until I came to understand that it was the Holy Spirit who had me in His sights, not the pastor....

Guest shiloh357
In side of us we have our own spirit. When we become born again from above ...our spirit entwines as oneness with Gods' Spirit.

If I were to hear hell and damnation words about God from anyone, all the time... from a street preacher , Church Pastor, or Evangelist.... it is not up-lifting !

It is not up-lifing my spirit ...my own spirit... on the inside of me.

It helps to hear good and positive things about God ... through our lifes' ups and downs..through trials & tribulations.

Joel Olsteens is a Preacher with encouraging , and positive words . If he were to preach on the negative...he would have an empty Church !

The problem here with what you are saying LOVE SONGS is that it is not about postive vs. negative. It is about truth. The truth is not always pleasant and comfortable. Sometimes it is painful.

Man has lost all sense of just how ugly his sin is in the eyes of God. But man needs to be confronted with the ugliness and just exactly where he stands with God before God can transform Him.

The doctor has to tell you the painful truth about your illness before he can help you with a cure. He has to show the X-rays and tell you the truth about how bad your condition is before he can help you get better. What good is a doctor who dosn't want you to feel bad about your cancer so he only tells you about the parts of your body that are okay? God has to show us what we would rather not see and what we don't want to know about before He can lead us to the cure for our spiritual sickness.

And yes, it will hurt your feelings and it will wound your pride, but it is the first step to dynamic life-changin experience with Jesus. Joel Olsteen of robbing people of a blessing by only focusing on what makes people feel good.

Telling the truth won't get you a mega church. But that is not our problem. We are responsible for telling the truth of the Gospel. God does not hold us responsible for the results. How that person responds is between them and God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

Telling the truth won't get you a mega church.

Actually it can lol. The one I claim as a home church is a mega church that makes hubby and I squirm. The Holy Spirit can draw and fill it up.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

The problem here with what you are saying LOVE SONGS is that it is not about postive vs. negative. It is about truth. The truth is not always pleasant and comfortable. Sometimes it is painful.

Man has lost all sense of just how ugly his sin is in the eyes of God. But man needs to be confronted with the ugliness and just exactly where he stands with God before God can transform Him.

The doctor has to tell you the painful truth about your illness before he can help you with a cure. He has to show the X-rays and tell you the truth about how bad your condition is before he can help you get better. What good is a doctor who dosn't want you to feel bad about your cancer so he only tells you about the parts of your body that are okay? God has to show us what we would rather not see and what we don't want to know about before He can lead us to the cure for our spiritual sickness.

And yes, it will hurt your feelings and it will wound your pride, but it is the first step to dynamic life-changin experience with Jesus. Joel Olsteen of robbing people of a blessing by only focusing on what makes people feel good.

Today I have to see the doc for a biopsy of a "suspicious mole". Skin cancer is rampant in my sunny state. Its not pleasant and Im a bit nervous about it. I think in the end it will be fine but the idea of a biopsy is distressing to me.

Now if I only went for pleasant, I would ignore this mole and do nothing at all. Have no nasty biopsy, no stitches etc. And then I could be overtaken by skin cancer, if that turned out to be what the mole is.

Truth in life and in spiritual life isnt always pleasant and sometimes unpleasantness is just plain needed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  8

In side of us we have our own spirit. When we become born again from above ...our spirit entwines as oneness with Gods' Spirit.

If I were to hear hell and damnation words about God from anyone, all the time... from a street preacher , Church Pastor, or Evangelist.... it is not up-lifting !

It helps to hear good and positive things about God ... through our lifes' ups and downs..through trials & tribulations.

Joel Olsteens is a Preacher with encouraging , and positive words . If he were to preach on the negative...he would have an empty Church

Well you have said the same thing over and over but it seems you are choosing to ignore other words that Jesus said. Words that you are most likely

not comfortable with or you would say something about them.

What you espouse, is not Biblical Christianity.

*** Edited personal insults ***

Excuse me !...... Now you are personally attacking me and wrongly judging me ... as a born again Christian...a child of God.

YOU are way off topic ... the topic is about the finger... that you are pointing at and backbitting , Joel Olsteen ...Gods' servant as a Preacher !

You people need to get off of your negativity about this man, and the way he preaches.

This is my opinion of Joel Olsteens Ministry.

I am not in here to attack people ...no matter who they are. That would not be Christ like of me to do so.

Sevenseas...........Name calling is Not Christian of you.

O.K. ...I do have a few verses for you....at my signature of every post that I write... are verses that are positive !

Plus ..! I have one more to add... another positive from God Himself , which is ..Positive... so you cannot say that ...what I am saying is not ...biblical.

Proverbs 4 : 20-21-22

20- My son, give attention to my words;

Incline your ear to my sayings.

21-Do not let them depart from your eyes;

Keep them in the midst of your heart;

22- For they are life to those who find them ,

And health to ALL their flesh.

Gods' word is health and healing to ALL of your flesh.... now that is a positive verse !

The book of John...1:1-2

1- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2- He was in the beginning with God.

Oh , in the book of Revelations....19 : 13

He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called

The Word of God.

Jesus is the Word of God ! That is a positive verse !!!

God Bless you ...Sevenseas

Edited by OneLight
personal insults

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Days Won:  22

Joel Olsteens is a Preacher with encouraging , and positive words . If he were to preach on the negative...he would have an empty Church

Well you have said the same thing over and over but it seems you are choosing to ignore other words that Jesus said. Words that you are most likely

not comfortable with or you would say something about them.

What you espouse, is not Biblical Christianity.

*** Edited personal insults ***

Excuse me !...... Now you are personally attacking me and wrongly judging me ... as a born again Christian...a child of God.

YOU are way off topic ... the topic is about the finger... that you are pointing at and backbitting , Joel Olsteen ...Gods' servant as a Preacher !

You people need to get off of your negativity about this man, and the way he preaches.

This is my opinion of Joel Olsteens Ministry.

I am not in here to attack people ...no matter who they are. That would not be Christ like of me to do so.

Sevenseas...........Name calling is Not Christian of you.

O.K. ...I do have a few verses for you....at my signature of every post that I write... are verses that are positive !

Plus ..! I have one more to add... another positive from God Himself , which is ..Positive... so you cannot say that ...what I am saying is not ...biblical.

Gods' word is health and healing to ALL of your flesh.... now that is a positive verse !

1- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Word of God.

I did not call you names and you know that.,

You dislike the fact that I equated what Osteen teaches with liberal churches and emerging churches. You are crying wolf because you

have no legitimate thing to say about the fact he ignores sin and you don't like having pointed out the fact that you cannot only preach pretty verses and then state

that is the gospel.

I am not your judge. The words you speak will judge you and the way you handle the word of God will judge you. Judging you is not my job but

I have every right to state that Osteen is not preaching Jesus as He is represented in the gospels. I am not anyone's judge here, but you seem

to be trying to do exactly that to me. Why is that?

Another poster is saying this to you:

You go from scolding another believer and telling them not to say bad things about you, to scolding all of us who disagree with you and basically tell us to shut up. That's hypocrisy right there.

Are you going to accuse them of personal attack also?

I maintain that you are simply crying wolf . This thread is not about personalities and I am not going to let you try and make it that. As far as I am concerned,

it is only about Osteen and the error of his preaching. If you state he is not a false teacher, then obviously I am going to disagree with you.

Edited by sevenseas

Guest shiloh357

The Word of God.

LOVE SONGS,

No one is against the "positive" verses. The problem arises when we accentuate the "positive" at the expense of other parts of the Scriptures that make us uncomfortable. There is nothing wrong with wanting to encourage people but you need to understand that with encouragement also comes admonishments, rebukes, and painful honesty all of which sharpens us as believers.

When you have to sharpen a knife you have take away the dull and that means grinding down the blade. Sometimes we are placed on the grinding wheel and the dull areas are ground off of us and that is pleasant or comfortable, but we are better for it in the end. What you call negative is what the Bible calls sharpening and character building.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Enough with the back and forth insults.

Abuse of other posters is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, insulting, harassing, threatening or in any way invading the privacy of another poster.

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted! Users that cannot respect others will be banned. (Lev. 19:18)

Colossians 4:6

Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Days Won:  22

Wow Sevenseas, you just made my list of people not to take seriously. Your very mixed up.

You have just done to me what you are accusing me of. That's usually how your responses to people you do not

agree with are articulated.

I have read numerous posts by you to other posters where you are writing them off your list, telling them they

are immature and various other things that even a non-Christian would think twice about before posting.

Now, you think it is my turn.

Is there anyone left for you to talk to here? :whistling:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

Shiloh,

Every service I have ever attended includes a personal invitation for anyone to become Christian. Counselors are available to talk and pray with anyone who desires such.

His brand of "Christianity" is not what anyone should be participating in. He is a false teacher and he is teaching a false gospel. The fact that he has altar calls doesn't mean anything.

Mark, you appear to know next to nothing about Christanity, and as such, have no credibility as to what is or is not authentic Christianity.

Shiloh,

That is incredibly arrogant and mean-spirited of you. You know neither me, nor my story. Apparently you don't know Mr. Osteen, either. So what credibility do you have?