ayin jade

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

and to top it all off, Jesus was actually born on September 11th anyway....

Do tell. Where do you get that date from? Is this before or after the pope changed the calendar way back when.

It comes from the book of Luke. We know when Jesus was taken to the temple for that thing that they did 40 days after his birth. There was a woman there that had been praying in the temple all night and the temple is/was only open one night a year. Luke tells us that it was the XX (I'd have to look up the actual number) year of the rule of Tiberius and that puts it in 3BC. Well Josephus put the death of Herod during the year 4BC because of an eclipse and did not consider that there was also an Eclipse in 1BC and the Catholic Church picked the date of 4BC for Herod's death (long story). so people rejected the Bible itself for the date and went along with Josephus instead of Luke.

Anyway that night was a Jewish holiday and when you back up 40 days from that day and look where it was in 3BC it ends up on September 11, 3BC. There is a rather large book I could try and find that goes into a lot of detail if you want me to look it up. Seems like it was about 600 pages long and was rather boring, but informative.

Also when you look in Revelation at the description of the lady in the sky with the stars on her head and things under her feet, it describes the movement of the moon and several stars that only happened on that particular night.

I know that's kind of a sketchy reasoning, but it's been a long time since I looked at any of that stuff and I'm gettin on up there in years you know.

I have heard this a number of times, and it is true Yeshua was born sometime in Sept or Oct. whenever Sukkot was taking place, we have other accounts in scripture that line up with that, Zechariah's temple service is one of those ways also. I don't think we can pinpoint the exact day of His birth, the feast last many days, first Yom Teruah, then count 10 days of Awe, Yom Kippur then Sukkot, He could have been born any time during that. Although it does make one think that if He was circumcised on the last great day after Sukkot we can count back 8 days and figure that out. Thing is we are not told what day His birth is, that makes me think we are not to know it nor keep the day, that we are to keep the things of God and not the things of man.

shalom,

Mizz

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

He is LORD over all days, so we can give thanks and worship Him every day.

Colossians 2:13-17 (KJV) 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15 [And] having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. 16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body [is] of Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Do tell. Where do you get that date from? Is this before or after the pope changed the calendar way back when.

It comes from the book of Luke. We know when Jesus was taken to the temple for that thing that they did 40 days after his birth. There was a woman there that had been praying in the temple all night and the temple is/was only open one night a year. Luke tells us that it was the XX (I'd have to look up the actual number) year of the rule of Tiberius and that puts it in 3BC. Well Josephus put the death of Herod during the year 4BC because of an eclipse and did not consider that there was also an Eclipse in 1BC and the Catholic Church picked the date of 4BC for Herod's death (long story). so people rejected the Bible itself for the date and went along with Josephus instead of Luke.

Anyway that night was a Jewish holiday and when you back up 40 days from that day and look where it was in 3BC it ends up on September 11, 3BC. There is a rather large book I could try and find that goes into a lot of detail if you want me to look it up. Seems like it was about 600 pages long and was rather boring, but informative.

Also when you look in Revelation at the description of the lady in the sky with the stars on her head and things under her feet, it describes the movement of the moon and several stars that only happened on that particular night.

I know that's kind of a sketchy reasoning, but it's been a long time since I looked at any of that stuff and I'm gettin on up there in years you know.

I have heard this a number of times, and it is true Yeshua was born sometime in Sept or Oct. whenever Sukkot was taking place, we have other accounts in scripture that line up with that, Zechariah's temple service is one of those ways also. I don't think we can pinpoint the exact day of His birth, the feast last many days, first Yom Teruah, then count 10 days of Awe, Yom Kippur then Sukkot, He could have been born any time during that. Although it does make one think that if He was circumcised on the last great day after Sukkot we can count back 8 days and figure that out. Thing is we are not told what day His birth is, that makes me think we are not to know it nor keep the day, that we are to keep the things of God and not the things of man.

shalom,

Mizz

Mizz, how many nights a year is/was the temple open for the lady to have prayed all night?

BTW i'm not sure we should even be celebrating our own birthdays, much less His.

http://www.askelm.com/star/

You can read Dr. Martin's book here. The audio is a a byteshow interview with the person who has taken over Dr. Martins work after his death. That can be interesting listen, but it's kind of tiime consuming.

BTW i'm not sure we should even be celebrating our own birthdays, much less His.

Perhaps, I really dont have problems with bdays, we don't really celebrate them, even as kids mom would let us pick our dinner and dessert but there were never presents and all that stuff.

Ok putting a disclaimer out right now. I personally do not bash christmas, trees or whatnot, I mean how many people today actually bend and bow and worship a tree? I do not believe there is a date set in scripture for our Messiahs birth, so that tells me God didn't set up a day for us to celebrate it if it had been so important to do I think He would have outlined it. I stick to the holydays He gave mankind and as I said I do not think we should put His name on something He didn't. I am not on that goes around smashing people in the head for 'pagan' stuff, I may occasionally write that He was not born on Dec. 25 and put out my thoughts but thats about it, christman/pagan bashing just isn't my thing. Just felt that I should get that out before I get bombarded with any more of the comments on the subject. Ok disclaimer over back to subject. :)

shalom,

Mizz

shalom,

Mizz

Mizz, how many nights a year is/was the temple open for the lady to have prayed all night?

It was Mary's purification that happens after the birth of a male child, He was still circumcised at 8 days. There is still no way to know which date He was born on, but since He was born during these feasts He would have been taken sometime at the beginning of Nov. to even the first of Dec. Off hand I think that on the feast of Hanukkah the temple was opened all night so that could be the night you are thinking about and it could coincide with the 40 day cleansing of Mary.