• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Another perspective -

Israel needed to witness the power of God in order for them to know He is the One True God.

Remember, they were surrounded by the deities of Egypt; they perceived them as real gods. They needed to un-learn that. By seeing the defeat of 10 of the most sacred Egyptian gods (the Nile, the Sun, etc.) by the LORD God, they were being taught the greatness of their God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I dont recall where it is in the bible at this time, I think perhaps in Exodus? Or the other first few books lol. But somewhere I recall reading that the reason for the Exodus was to be a sign that God is real. Something Israel was to remember. Or perhaps something the world was to remember.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,398
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I dont recall where it is in the bible at this time, I think perhaps in Exodus? Or the other first few books lol. But somewhere I recall reading that the reason for the Exodus was to be a sign that God is real. Something Israel was to remember. Or perhaps something the world was to remember.

??? 1 Co 10:1-11

10 Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea, 2 all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, 3 all ate the same spiritual food, 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ. 5 But with most of them God was not well pleased, for their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.

6 Now these things became our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things as they also lusted. 7 And do not become idolaters as were some of them. As it is written, "The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play." 8 Nor let us commit sexual immorality, as some of them did, and in one day twenty-three thousand fell; 9 nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed by serpents; 10 nor complain, as some of them also complained, and were destroyed by the destroyer. 11 Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

NKJV

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Another perspective -

Israel needed to witness the power of God in order for them to know He is the One True God.

Remember, they were surrounded by the deities of Egypt; they perceived them as real gods. They needed to un-learn that. By seeing the defeat of 10 of the most sacred Egyptian gods (the Nile, the Sun, etc.) by the LORD God, they were being taught the greatness of their God.

So did the Egyptians.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

Exodus 4:21

21 The LORD said to Moses, “When you return to Egypt, see that you perform before Pharaoh all the wonders I have given you the power to do. But I will harden his heart so that he will not let the people go.

Why did God do this? Several times, Moses asked the Pharaoh to let Israel go, but each time, God hardened Pharaoh's heart. To many, it would seem that this would be counter to His own plan. To try to understand why God did this, let's read Exodus 3:18-20:

18 “The elders of Israel will listen to you. Then you and the elders are to go to the king of Egypt and say to him, ‘The LORD, the God of the Hebrews, has met with us. Let us take a three-day journey into the wilderness to offer sacrifices to the LORD our God.’ 19 But I know that the king of Egypt will not let you go unless a mighty hand compels him. 20 So I will stretch out my hand and strike the Egyptians with all the wonders that I will perform among them. After that, he will let you go.

You see, even though sometimes it seems like God's solutions are not what we want, ultimately God knows what is best. In this case, God knew that the Pharaoh would need a lot of convincing to realize Israel was truly being led by our one true powerful God. Isn't this true in our own lives, also? When we don't understand God's decisions for us, should we not realize He knows what is best, and not try to dissect or reject His solutions? Whenver we do, we always make matters worse. When God gives us an answer,we need to listen.

satan wanted to destroy Job and God allowed it to test Job. No doubt the fiends of hell wanted permission to harden Pharoh's heart and God allowed it. God cannot sin.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Another perspective -

Good point.

Pharaoh Ain't The Only One

Wherefore then do ye harden your hearts, as the Egyptians and Pharoah hardened their hearts? when he had wrought wonderfully among them, did they not let the people go, and they departed? 1 Samuel 6:6

_________

______

___

Another perspective -

Good point.

:thumbsup:

It Seems To Me Pharaoh Thought He Was god And Because He Wouldn't Know God, God Couldn't Exist

And Pharaoh said, Who is the LORD, that I should obey his voice to let Israel go? I know not the LORD, neither will I let Israel go. Exodus 5:2

And Then God Killed Pharaoh's First Born But Pharaoh Couldn't Pull God Down

And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharoah that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle. Exodus 12:29

So The great god Pharaoh Fearlessly

And I, behold, I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they shall follow them: and I will get me honour upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.

And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I have gotten me honour upon Pharaoh, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen. Exodus 14:17-18

Went After God's Kids

And the Egyptians pursued, and went in after them to the midst of the sea, even all Pharaoh's horses, his chariots, and his horsemen.

And it came to pass, that in the morning watch the LORD looked unto the host of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of the cloud, and troubled the host of the Egyptians,

And took off their chariot wheels, that they drave them heavily: so that the Egyptians said, Let us flee from the face of Israel; for the LORD fighteth for them against the Egyptians.

And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand over the sea, that the waters may come again upon the Egyptians, upon their chariots, and upon their horsemen.

And Moses stretched forth his hand over the sea, and the sea returned to his strength when the morning appeared; and the Egyptians fled against it; and the LORD overthrew the Egyptians in the midst of the sea.

And the waters returned, and covered the chariots, and the horsemen, and all the host of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them; there remained not so much as one of them. Exodus 14:23-28

_________

______

___

Sounds To Me A Lot Like A Great Many

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 2 Timothy 3:12

Of Today's Mighty Pharaohs

But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. John 15:21

And God's Kids

When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. Isaiah 43:2

Amen~!

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:38

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Amen to your post Joe.