holys

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Iam him for he is with me so what we say or do mustbe ofhim fr him we should listen to him who is with us in us cause we are him that dwells in our heart we created byhim for him so we are him

No, we are not Him. There is only one Father, one Son and one Holy Spirit. Though we are His does not make us Him. Though He is in us and we have His Spirit, we are not Him. There is a big difference between the two statements.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

i do not mean to come across as arrogant, but i was involved in these movements myself and came into bondage due to many of them preaching and teaching things that are unbibical and i had to unlearn alot of what i taught. i wouldn't of changed my pov unless god had told me i need to pray for discernment and test what is being preached first before i accept it as true.

What was unbiblical?

I hardly think that the evil spirits you speak of have their origin in some spiritual error.

the legalism and hyper emotionalism mainly plus the word of faith stuff where they preach that if we say things such as i dont feel good, that you will bring sickness upon yourself just by saying those words. oh my pet peev were those who tried to push or knock you to the ground when they prayed for you and calling it being "slain in the spirit".

can you please explain what you meant when you said you doubt the evil spirits have their origin in some spiritual error.

Some people are overcome by the power of Holy Spirit. We need to have His discernment to know whether or not someone is intending to create a manifestation. If you have that discernment, then you weren't in bondage, were you?

Many of us must learn to guard our minds and control our speech, for some of us will utter a curse over ourselves without knowing it.

As for your question, most everyone has some error, and many churches preach error of some kind. While the enemy is successful in diverting the truth from people, it doesn't mean that there is an evil spirit around every corner. God gives us the ability by His indwelling spirit to tap into what He says about what anyone teaches, and we have the authority of the word of God to show us without a doubt that someone is in error. We are safe in Him, as long as we are walking with Him, and getting into His word regularly, and seeking Him first above all things.

I agree we all need discernment. it is actualy one of the gifts of the spirit paul spoke of in his letter to the Corinthian church.

if there was nothing to discern against we would not need the gift would we? jesus told us to watch out for wolves in sheeps clothing, plus the bible said that in the last days satan would do false miricles to decieve god's very elect.

And many are deceived enough to jump on the bandwagon of denouncement of all things that pertain to the movement of Holy Spirit. That does not require discernment.

dear christian, do you think that i denounce the work of god's spirit? if so why?

I am simply addressing the common problem that exists and is very evident in many Christian forums that people air their beefs concerning the WOF and Charismatic believers, without really knowing what they are talking about. It is dangerous ground.

as i mentioned before i was involved in the WOF and charismatic movements, in fact they were the very first thing i got involved in once i became a christian

What is being written here is not simply a "WOF thing" or a "Charismatic movement thing" -- it is a human thing: The core matter is how thoughts drive actions. So, the question is: What motivates our thinking?

Our minds were created as a womb. The seed of our womb is the Word of God. The children of this union with God via the Spirit are His children -- more spirit -- more of Himself birthed in us together with us. Yet, in the garden, we fell.

In the garden we took the corrupt seed of another lover: Satan. We bore and rose of corrupt children (thoughts, spirit) to another. We bore and rose up the children of death from the wombs of our heart. We died. All we have left are the continually passed on seeds of thinking began in Eve and then in Adam, passed from person to person, parent to child. Those seeds have expanded into a huge body of thinking over thousands of years and encompass every form from the secular to religions of all stripes and kinds -- including WOF and Charismatics.

What motivates us to continue? Emotion -- at many levels, including very hyper or strong emotionalism.

Our emotions are our experience of a physical production and exchange of highly addictive chemistry in the pleasure centers of our brains. We literally get high on our thoughts -- that those thoughts originate from seeds planted and provided by a Satanic host and source is the ill of all humanity and the source of our fallen nature. We are literally addicts to this flesh borne, pleasure-driven mass of thoughts passed in various forms from one human being to another. We are not simply content to be corrupt and fall ourselves, we ensnare each other, even parents help entrap and corrupt our children.

Religion, even using the name of Jesus Christ, can be of a corrupt seed and source.

The issue has been and always will be: How do you tell corrupt from godly seed? What is the key that unlocks discernment to see what seed and thoughts are of Satan, hell and bent in service to the pleasures of the flesh Vs those coming by way of the Spirit: pure, perfect, holy and worthy of God because they are of Him? What does that inward womb and garden of our mind look like when tilled, prepared, planted and flourishing with the seeds and children of the union between the heart of men and the Spirit of God?

The Word of God is powerfully deep with answers and clues to this question, but your first step is to see how there is a difference. One of your first clues to your own personal version of this corrupt-seed-thought-pleasure-addiction is to ask yourself: "Do I think what I think for the purpose of deriving pleasure from what I think?"

Do you get angry easily? It's because you get high on being angry.

Do you get depressed easily? It's because you are addicted to thoughts where you have no hope, no help, no answers and no power or choice.

Do you fall to sexual sin easily? It's because you are addicted to thoughts and images of physical pleasures and dwell in them for the "high" you feel -- the chemical release in your brain.

Do you gossip easily about others? It's because you get high and are addicted to the feelings you feel of pride and arrogance at standing in self-righteous judgement of others.

Have ever heard someone in church say, "I used to get high on drugs. Now, I come to church and get high on Jesus!" Yes -- you are, but perhaps not "drunk in the Spirit" like you might think. Are you really just trading one set of thoughts to get high from for another? Do you hate going back out in the world away from the "high" of being in a church service and are terrified of it because you'll "fall again" -- so you rush to church night after night because there you feel "safe"? You ARE and ADDICT! This is NOT salvation -- this is just trading one set of corrupt thoughts for another set.

Salvation is the not simply "a miracle of God." It is not accidental emotionalism and the thoughts attending to such things.

Purposeful salvation is first the realization of our "best righteous thoughts" as being what they are: Borne of corrupt seed, wrapped in religious labels. Paul had this experience (e.g. "Hebrew of Hebrews ..." Philippians 2/3). In the midst of thinking he was doing the will of God, Jesus pushed back and showed Paul the source of his thinking: corrupt seed leading to corrupt thoughts, leading to corrupt actions -- all done in the name of God, with utter discipline and fervency.

Be careful, "Christian": You and I can do this with "variations" on what Jesus truly came to do. We can so easily take what Jesus did, what He said and even Who He is and build twisted corrupt-borne thoughts upon it and live our lives in complete sin, while bearing out a false witness to a Jesus we a bereft of actually knowing the truth of what Jesus came to demonstrate.

The good news in this is that God is very patient and very gracious to us. He understands our blindness and our limitations. He understands the deep blindness we have to be able to see the reality of our sin and our enslavement. So, if you are in that place of struggle and constantly perplexed by sin that so easily besets you, you are not alone. While God does not desire to leave us in this state and though we may remain there for many many years, there is hope in the grace and love of Christ towards us.

My deepest prayer for you all and for myself is that we never give up hope! Paul communicated it this way:

Php 3:13-15 Brothers, I do not count myself to have laid hold, but one thing I do, forgetting the things behind, and stretching forward to those things before, (14) I press on after a mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. (15) Then as many as are perfect, let us be of this mind; and if you think anything differently, God will also reveal this to you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

This is my first thread so please forgive me if i mess up...Im new here..LOl...

I have been fighting the principalities of darkness for 5 years now...Im talking real spirits..I have seen Satan him self with my own eyes not in a dream and have even seen him fly....I believe God rebuked the devil but he left the one spirit that has and still is beating me all the time..Now i know that God has me or i would of died 3 years ago..my body is so distroyed i can even show you pictures of this ...Well i was praying for wisdom and knowledge on this current situation and what i got was from the tv about 2 weeks of hearing about suffering for Christ...The ministries dont usually go 2 weeks with the same teachings i believe...

I have prayed for more wisdom and knowledge on this cause the evil pounds me so so much..Im talking real demons and unclean spirits...I have even prayed for this cup to be passed and get no response from our lord...So im thinking our lord says that i can get threw this desert..amen

Is this maybe a trile form god am i suffering for Jesus???evil talks all the time with there lies and its driving me crazy..The evil spirits have at the time stopped me from praying,all i get out is a couple of prayers...

I cant let the evil win....i love Jesus so so much...What does this sound like to you???Please dont judge me or think that im crazy..I have a church involved in this as well...Please help

With complete love -- you are SHOWING OFF!

Do you think the rest of us do not battle "spirits"? So, you've "seen Satan him self with my own eyes not in a dream ..." -- WOW! I am just soooooooo impressed and so in awe of your spiritual experience!

Please! Showing off. Pride. Self aggrandizement. The inward chemical passions of your brain, mind and flesh are feeding on your own thoughts.

"The evil spirits have at the time stopped me from praying ..." <-- hogwash! No "evil spirit" has the power to stop ANY child of God from praying! YOU stop you from praying. You are feeding your passions and the lusts of your mind and flesh on such thoughts. And now you have come here to spread yourself out for all to see and hoping someone will go, "Gee brother! Wow! What a GRAND Spiritual Combat you are in! God bless you brother!"

Repent of the PRIDE and addiction you have to your own thoughts, emotions and passions!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Iam him for he is with me so what we say or do mustbe ofhim fr him we should listen to him who is with us in us cause we are him that dwells in our heart we created byhim for him so we are him

Hi, Georod - welcome to the Board!

I have to make a request of you. Would you please proofread what you type before you post? It is a little difficult figuring out what it is you are meaning to say. Thanks!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

closed for review