• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/14/1977

I was 5 years old. My parents had a bible study downstairs in there home. I heard the adults talking about God. So I decided as I went upstairs that I would go into my room and sit on my bed and pray. I remember looking outside and seeing the snow. It looked very white and peaceful outside. And I said the prayer. I remember actually feeling different. I remember that I wanted to do this alone - not have mom or dad there. I think even then I was trying to establish that I had my own walk with God - and I didn'y need to hold mommy or daddy's hand!

I was so excited I started jumping up and down on my bed, but then stopped remembering there was still company downstairs. I sat quietly in the dark until they had all left and when my mom came upstairs I told her I had Jesus. She was soooooooooo excited!

Later on, around the age of 9, I prayed the prayer again. I think because the meaning of salvation had deepened for me and I came to a new level of understanding of what it meant.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

For me, Jesus was a household name. I was raised in church. My sister, Called came home one day when I was five and told me I was going to hell. Obviously I didn't want to go there so I "walked an aisle"...didn't know what it mean to be a sinner, just knew I didn't want to go to hell. As a young adult in college, I realized all my life was a lie. I thought I was a good person but I realized that I had Jesus in my head and not my heart, so I asked Him to come into my heart and forgive me of my sins. I lived a victorious Christian life for a couple years and then strayed. Didn't care about going to church, praying, reading my bible, or being obedient. About a year and a half ago I gave my life back to Jesus. It was a process that was going slowly until I saw The Passion of the Christ when it came out. To visualize what Jesus went through for me was life-changing. There is no more "religious pattycake" as one of my fav. preachers likes to call it. Jesus is my life. He is all that I need! I thank God that He was so patient with me. I live everyday to give Him glory! :il:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

For me, Jesus was a household name. I was raised in church. My sister, Called came home one day when I was five and told me I was going to hell.

OMgosh, I know you didn't mean that to be funny, but I am ROTFL here! :) What else are sisters for??? :D

KMB took the words right outta my mouth. I was raised in a Christian atmosphere, in church services beginning at 2 weeks old. It wasn't until I met up with some wonderful "shephards" that I came to understand that Jesus was not Lord of my life - I was missing salvation by 18". I had the knowledge in my head, but not in my heart. On March 17th, 1995, I stayed up the whole night, with my Bible open to the book of Romans , on my knees and crying out to God how wretched I was and to be saved. I am so grateful to Him. ;)

• Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

For me it was on my kneels as well. I was so afraid of the things that was happening to me. Afraid of the person that I'd become. I knew Jesus was my only way out of the nightmare I'd willingly cast my self in. So one night I ran down my stairs crying, scared out of my mind and fell to my kneels and begged Him to help me, forgive me, save me and He did. That was a year ago and my life since that moment has never been the same. He is my light. In Him is no darkness. In Him is Life. In the color purple someone said the dead has arisen. They just don't know who true that is. For I was dead in my sin's and now by the grace of God I'm alive forever more.

God Bless You

Jacqueline

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/20/1970

I feel like I didn't completely accept Jesus until the night I was baptized. Our preacher at the time was over for a home Bible study, and I decided it was high time I did something to actually show my love for God by accepting His son and washing away my sins with baptism. :)

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  142
  • Birthday:  05/20/1970

I was going to add that I had been having some terrible and strange dreams of the world ending at the time. I was so frightened, until I was immersed, and cried my eyes out to Him for forgiveness of my sins.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

For me, Jesus was a household name. I was raised in church. My sister, Called came home one day when I was five and told me I was going to hell.

OMgosh, I know you didn't mean that to be funny, but I am ROTFL here! :) What else are sisters for??? :o

No really- it is funny! Deb always says that was her first witnessing experience! My sisters are bad! ;)

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  122
  • Birthday:  05/23/1987

Well, one day a couple years ago, I was just thinking "Hmm...what if there really is a Hell? and what if it is really bad as people say it is? Eternal pain, suffering, loneliness, torment. That would really suck, and Heaven sounds so much better."

So then I said "Screw Satan" and accepted Jesus into my life. My life didn't really change much, but at least I know now that if there really is a Heaven, I'm more than likely going to it.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  172
  • Birthday:  01/13/1982

My mom always brought me to church when I was a kid and most of the time I did not want to go. I was saved and baptized at 12 and my mom started not forcing me to go to church with her since she thought I would want to go. And I did... for a while. I started missing church more and more until I was about 15. At 15 I realized I did not understand God and Jesus when I was saved so I was saved and baptized again, but I understood prefectly what I was doing. I knoew Jesus was the Lord and He die for my sins.

I was a freshmen in high school, and a new Christian. Through out high school I gave into peer pressure, had a lot of hate for a lot of different people, and I only realesed this hate just a few months ago. I started back sliding on my faith, on the Lord. Questioning weather the Bible was correct or not since men translated and men make mistakes.

After high school I realised that if God wanted us to know about him and to know what He has to say, then it would be perfect. I realized that God uses men to do his will. Thus, the Bible was perfect. However, after all this I still backslide. It was not untill later that I let the Lord take over.

I went to see The Passion of The Christ, and I realised that the Lord did what he did for me, he endured that and I did not even thank him for it. I felt lower that dirt, so unworthy, even to the point of not even saying His name. You see I never really prayed before, even though I accepted Jesus at 15. That night before bed, I opened my heart to The Lord and prayed for Him to forgive me. I told him I believed. I asked Him for my purpose, if he had one for me to reveal it so I can do it.

Several weeks went by, nothing. I continued to ask, nothing. I was getting frusturated. Then one night, I was straight forward with The Lord. I said I wanted him to show me was he wanted me to do. I said I need to know. I need to know what you want me to do.

The next weekend I witnessed a guy witness to some one. It was unlike anything I had ever seen. This man had no worry about what people thought about him, this was something I have alway had trouble with. After he had finished I told him that was amazing. This was what the Lord wanted me to do, but I did not reconize it at first.

That night I was asked by a friends mother to talk to her son about God and church. She said he does not go to church anymore, and the only reason he when was for her. So I said ok I will. Well the most perfect situation came up. He just had a bad break up with girlfriend of 2 years. Prime emotion, prefect to witness to. I talked to him, but not about God. He said he was going to get drunk, I told him that would not be smart. He said he wouldn't. I found out later that he did.

I continued to pray for a sign, but I had already missed it not knowing. But about three days later, BAM! When I woke up I had a very unusual feeling, I did not know what it was. It was like a hunger a driving force. A extreame desire. At work I was trying to figure out what it was, and then I understood. This feeling was unlike nothing I have ever felt, like this raw emotion that had been aching to be heard. I realised God was speaking to my heart. I had these feeling for others, people who where lost. I had to save them. I called my Pastor, and got his wife. I asked her how did he go into ministry. She told me, but It was not the same. My feeling was for evangelism. She told me that this was God speaking directy to me.

After that, I gave this very testimony before the church, something I never thought I would do. And from there on I gave myself totally to God. Put my total faith in Him. Asked His Spirit in to my heart, and never looked back.

In Christ's love,

JC