IGNORED

Could you vote for a Mormon in the Whitehouse?

JohnD

Would this have devastating effects on evangelism and the eternal destiny of others?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Could you vote for a Mormon in the Whitehouse?

• Yes
    • No
    • there are extenuating circumstances I'll address in posts

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

Lets look at some facts.

This statement said by Joseph Smith himself, the founder of Mormonism tells much about his character. He believes he is more important any of the Apostles (very prideful). Pride is not the fruit of the holy spirit. Non of the apostles boast about their works.

""Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet...When they can get rid of me, the devil will also go." (Joseph Smith, History of the Church, Vol. 6, p. 408, 409)

Edited by udx

Mormon religion changes as time progresses, just like Christianity.

Fundamental doctrines does not change.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  67

The topic of this thread is about voting for a Mormon in the Whitehouse. Keep it on topic or take it elsewhere, please.

The OP is, "Could you vote for a Mormon in the White House?"

My answer is no but then I couldn't vote for anyone in the USA ; I'm a Brit :24:

PS. Jesus gets my vote on all subjects :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

The topic of this thread is about voting for a Mormon in the Whitehouse. Keep it on topic or take it elsewhere, please.

My answer is no but then I couldn't vote for anyone in the USA ; I'm a Brit :24:

Jesus doesn't need elected, he is automatically hands down the leader that can release us from our burdens. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  67

Jesus doesn't need elected, he is automatically hands down the leader that can release us from our burdens. :thumbsup:

Amen

The executive branch of the government should be ran like a business. It's sole purpose is to execute and carry out plans. The religious or moral belief of the president should be irrelevant in a correctly functioning executive branch if the president is faithfully carrying out his/her duties according to the constitution.

This question implies that a Mormon or a non-christian would be less able to be a president because he/she would not run the country according to Christian ideals. This I believe should be irrelevant to the executive branch.

Therefore, voting for a Mormon or an atheist for that matter not an issue in itself as long as the person fits the criteria of an executive.

Edited by udx

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

Actualy, it does. Only the most serious Mormon actualy follows the underpants thing.

There are "jack mormons" and there are mormons who are serious about their religion. How many mormons do you know? I know many. My area is somewhere between 30-50% mormon, depending on the census you look at. Ive even seen the polygamist mormons. The underwear thing I know is true as Ive seen some mormons who wear it.

Christianity in its core doctrines does not change. For anyone who tries to make it change, they are not following Christ. That is not the issue in this thread though.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,390
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Here we go again, "The evils of Freemasonry" :o and "The myths of Freemasonry" :taped: . I thought I heard them all, but this is the first time I ever heard about Mormons and Freemasons being connected. Will wonders never end? Maybe I should write a book on the myths of Freemasonry.

Really you never knew that? Its common knowledge where I live. Let me pm you a link.

It's common knowledge in my circles also Ayin

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

From some of my studies about Mormonism:

1) Joseph Smith was not only a pathological liar, he also was a 33rd degree Mason. The "special protective underwear", and a lot of Mormon religious practices are actually derived from Freemasonry.

2) The history of the Mormons has of course evolved over the centuries. If anyone really wants to know what they believe I suggest they get themselves a copy of the video "The Godmakers". Mormon hierarchy has forbidden any Mormon to obtain and/or possess this movie. In it, they stretch their beliefs to the unimaginable, by saying that all Mormons are alien beings from the planet Kolon, that Jesus and Lucifer were equal brothers, and that God cursed the followers of Lucifer with black skin.

3) Once a Mormon gets to the (I believe) higher eschelons of Mormonism, like Freemasonry, they throw all pretense aside and worship Lucifer.

4) They base their polygamy beliefs on the fact that when a Mormon dies, he takes all his wives with him and spend eternity having endless celestial sex.

I could go on, but there are just some things that are difficult to swallow. And Romney believes ALL of this.

a.

Here we go again, "The evils of Freemasonry" :o and "The myths of Freemasonry" :taped: . I thought I heard them all, but this is the first time I ever heard about Mormons and Freemasons being connected. Will wonders never end? Maybe I should write a book on the myths of Freemasonry.

Go get yourself a copy of the video. Better yet, go ask a Mormon about it and watch them sweat. I've done it.

a.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

Mormon religion changes as time progresses, just like Christianity.

Mormon doctrine changes as the outside world finds inconsistencies in it's doctrine and exposes them. Such as problems with the Book of Mormon. The fundamental doctrines of the Christian church has not changed in almost 2000 years.

Wrong.

This is getting a bit ridiculous, don't you think. Cobalt has intimate knowledge of Mormons and your sole refutation is "wrong"??? Let's please have a mature evidence based discussion.