• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Acts 15

11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. 12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

The priesthood changed the law changed verse 12 above

30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

The people through faith will be caught up in the air the new law, new priest, new covenant, Gospel of grace we wont go through the tribulation

The people by faith will not be caught up in the air and by the law, old priest, old covenant will go through tribulation

Guest shiloh357

According to Hebrews, the Torah/law changed with respect to the change from the Aaronic priesthood to the order of Melchitzedek. The Torah was not abrogated, though and there is no reason for it to be abrogated. It was modified in order to account for the new priesthood, but at no point does the Bible ever speak of it be abrogated entirely.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

As I read through this thread, all that I can think of is this ...

Matthew 22:36-40

“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”

Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.

Which is why it is the law of Christ, but without the curse for not keeping it perfectly.

That's no small thing.

The law of Messiah is the same as Gods, after all Yeshua is God isn't He and we know He does not change. The curse was for not keeping the law perfectly, for not keeping the laws at all, blessings come from keeping His instructions. Messiah nailed the curse, the penalty of the law to the cross, He took that and put it upon Himself so we would never have to worry about dying forever for breaking any of it.

We now walk in His Torah/law/commandments without fear of losing our lives forever, death as you know is the penalty the curse of breaking the commandments so now we do not have any worries or fears of losing our lives if we break any of it.

I really like the way a teacher wrote it, 'He took the curse upon Himself allowing us, enabling us to walk out Torah, the whole of it, without fear of being cursed for not fulfilling the instructions completely.' I hope I got that right I paraphrased it in my bible and well hope its all there! lol Which is what walking by the Spirit is doing, doing the best we can without fear of that final death He conquered.

shalom,

Mizz

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Me too! I've been thinking about this all morning and kept coming back to these verses.

If the Lord had done away with the 'old' law, He wouldn't have said that the law was hanging on loving others as yourself. The law wouldn't be hanging on anything!

Me too! I've been thinking about this all morning and kept coming back to these verses.

If the Lord had done away with the 'old' law, He wouldn't have said that the law was hanging on loving others as yourself. The law wouldn't be hanging on anything!

Remember, the law was still in effect when he said that.

The law wasn't set aside (Heb 7:18) until his death, when it was all accomplished.

How do you read this verse?

Matthew 5:18

For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

Remember, the law was still in effect when he said that.

The law wasn't set aside (Heb 7:18) until his death, when it was all accomplished.

How do you read this verse?

Matthew 5:18

For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

All of that is thoroughly addressed here. You will find Mt 5:17-18 near the bottom, after the last bullet.

I don't agree that all is fulfilled, otherwise, the New Heaven and the New Earth would be here, the Great White Throne Judgment would of happened, Satan would of been thrown into the lake of fire, the 1000 years would of already been over with and His return and the rapture would of happened. There is a lot left to do, so it is not all fulfilled.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

I don't agree that all is fulfilled, otherwise, the New Heaven and the New Earth would be here, the Great White Throne Judgment would of happened, Satan would of been thrown into the lake of fire, the 1000 years would of already been over with and His return and the rapture would of happened. There is a lot left to do, so it is not all fulfilled.

It really is a matter of understanding the connotation of the word "fulfilled".

Luk 4:17-21 And the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor." And he rolled up the scroll and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him. And he began to say to them, "Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing."

Had it been 'fulfilled' to completion? Of course not. There is still a lot more that Christ did after this. In fact, just a few verses down in the same chapter we find Jesus setting free a man who had an unclean spirit.

And we know, that even today, we as His followers are still proclaiming that which He started, liberty.

So the word "fulfilled" does not mean that there is nothing left to be done, but rather that what had been told would happen is taking place.

The law still works in the lives of the sinner to this very day; it is in the process of being fulfilled.

"fulfilled" is a statement of that which was once prophesy becoming that which "is" and no longer a thing of the future, but rather a thing of the present.

1Cr 9:1 Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord? Are not you my workmanship in the Lord?

1Cr 9:2 If to others I am not an apostle, at least I am to you, for you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.

1Cr 9:3 This is my defense to those who would examine me.

1Cr 9:4 Do we not have the right to eat and drink?

1Cr 9:5 Do we not have the right to take along a believing wife, as do the other apostles and the brothers of the Lord and Cephas?

1Cr 9:6 Or is it only Barnabas and I who have no right to refrain from working for a living?

1Cr 9:7 Who serves as a soldier at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard without eating any of its fruit? Or who tends a flock without getting some of the milk?

1Cr 9:8 Do I say these things on human authority? Does not the Law say the same?

1Cr 9:9 For it is written in the Law of Moses, "You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain." Is it for oxen that God is concerned?

1Cr 9:10 Does he not speak entirely for our sake? It was written for our sake, because the plowman should plow in hope and the thresher thresh in hope of sharing in the crop.

1Cr 9:11 If we have sown spiritual things among you, is it too much if we reap material things from you?

1Cr 9:12 If others share this rightful claim on you, do not we even more? Nevertheless, we have not made use of this right, but we endure anything rather than put an obstacle in the way of the gospel of Christ.

1Cr 9:13 Do you not know that those who are employed in the temple service get their food from the temple, and those who serve at the altar share in the sacrificial offerings?

1Cr 9:14 In the same way, the Lord commanded that those who proclaim the gospel should get their living by the gospel.

We misunderstand that just because the penalty of not keeping the law to perfection was taken upon Christ, that somehow the effectiveness and the direct implications of the law still have the intended effect today. If it were not so, why would Paul had said it was "written for us", and why would he had said it was their "right"?

But indeed, love triumphs over sin and just because they would not see the truth and reason behind the law Paul would not let it effect his love and devotion to them. He would rather not take the right set forth than to put a stumbling block in front of the believers thinking they had to "obey" the law in order to receive righteousness.