IGNORED

How do we prepare for a post tribulation exit resurrection?

joi

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

He that shall ENDURE to the end shall be saved?

I thought salvation was in Christ...not in enduring. Therefore it must be that it speaks of new converts during the tribulation who, if they survive until the end of the tribulation shall be saved from the horrible things that will happen during that age.............not for eternal life, for they will already have that.l

The endurance Jesus is referring to isn't physical, but spiritual.

Mark 4

16 These likewise are the ones sown on stony ground who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with gladness;

17 and they have no root in themselves, and so endure only for a time. Afterward, when tribulation or persecution arises for the word’s sake, immediately they stumble.

Matthew 10

22 And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.

Mark 8

38 For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.”

This reasoning is exactly why you have the location listed on your profile as "Between a rock and a hard place." In actuality we are not between Christ and a hard place; we are in Him, and He in us. John 14:20. "At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you."

Romans 4:3 "For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness." :thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

I think it's interesting that Jesus actually gave a parable concerning this, I believe.

Luke 12

43 Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes.

44 Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions.

45 But if that servant says to himself, 'My master is delayed in coming,' and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and get drunk,

46 the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces and put him with the unfaithful.

47 And that servant who knew his master's will but did not get ready or act according to his will, will receive a severe beating.

48 But the one who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, will receive a light beating. Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

The question one should ask is, "If I leave this world today, where will I spend my eternity?"

I wouldn't worry too much about tomorrow, because for many of us, tomorrow will never come.

Walk in the Light of the Word.

Amen to that! Where have you been, man? :noidea:

Out and about. :)

Well, welcome back! ;)

This reasoning is exactly why you have the location listed on your profile as "Between a rock and a hard place."

And what reasoning would that be?

In actuality we are not between Christ and a hard place; we are in Him, and He in us. John 14:20. "At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you."

There's a big difference between "a rock" and "The Rock". Unless of course you believe that every time the word "rock" is mentioned, it is referring to Christ. If that is the case, then I understand your confusion.

Anyway, thanks for noticing. :)

You have a good one Larry. :emot-handshake:

The question one should ask is, "If I leave this world today, where will I spend my eternity?"

I wouldn't worry too much about tomorrow, because for many of us, tomorrow will never come.

Walk in the Light of the Word.

Amen to that! Where have you been, man? :noidea:

Out and about. :)

Well, welcome back! ;)

Thanks. :emot-hug:

I'm just passing through.......I think. Haven't made up my mind yet. :)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

This reasoning is exactly why you have the location listed on your profile as "Between a rock and a hard place."

And what reasoning would that be?

In actuality we are not between Christ and a hard place; we are in Him, and He in us. John 14:20. "At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you."

There's a big difference between "a rock" and "The Rock". Unless of course you believe that every time the word "rock" is mentioned, it is referring to Christ. If that is the case, then I understand your confusion.

Anyway, thanks for noticing. :)

You have a good one Larry. :emot-handshake:

Yeah Man, I did assume you were talking of the ROCK; my apologies, though the same problem arises when we think we can hold out spiritually until the end if we're talking of the same holding out. I've never done it, you haven't, and neither has anyone else; our only hope is in Christ and He is sufficient for our every need.

If you can just realize that there are many seen by John in heaven when he is given a glimpse of it when caught up there in Revelation 4:1, and that comes far before the end of the tribulation, and they don't climb into heaven on their good works.

In Revelation 19:14 there are even armies of saints in heaven before the end of the tribulation. "And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean."

Blessing to you man in Jesus' name.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Revelation 16: 15 - 16

“Behold, I come as a THIEF. Blessed is he that WATCHES, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

And he GATHERED them (those that were watching and keeping sin out of their lives) TOGETHER into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.”

These verses seem to indicate that this is for Israel only, since they are gathered into Armageddon.

Is it not true that the tribulation is all about God bringing Israel back to Him and purging them of their sin and their acceptance of Messiah?

Yet we know that salvation is for all who will accept it.

Lots of unanswered questions guys!

Nope, that's not true.:thumbsup:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Here's how the three Hebrew youths faced persecution and Tribulation;

Da 3:17

If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of your hand, O king.

Da 3:18

But if not, be it known unto you, O king, that we will not serve your gods, nor worship the golden image which you have set up.

:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I was raised believing in a pre-trib rapture, but have now come to believe that is not going to be the case.

What would you suggest, for those of us who have come to this conclusion, that we prepare our selves spiritually?

I make reference to those scriptures that tell us:

(2 Cor 2:11 KJV) Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

There are those like me who have had a change of opinion in the exit resurrection (rapture) and then there are new converts who need to know this, so I thought you might like to express your wisdom in the matter.

Please note: This is not to be hijacked for the pre-trib attitude. There are other active threads currently covering this subject, so please stick to a post-trib discussion.

Sometimes it's best just to realize the "last day" when God comes is actually just the day you die! God allways says to be ready. We don't know the day of our death, it could be at any second. So why concern ourselves with tribulations and raptures and such?

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

All we can ever do is let the "self" in us die and Christ grow in us. We need to strengthen our relationship with God, allowing his Holy Spirit to change us, teach us, guide us and renew our minds. Listening to His Spirit is all we can do. There really is no other preparation for what is to come.

Amen!

What OneLight said... :thumbsup: