Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Shiloh, thank you so much for taking the time to give us this POWERFUL bible lesson, I find it extremely interesting and its right to the point.

I like you to know that I'm waiting too for the next one ....

Thanks, Angels :shocked:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

In Israel, I need the A-1 Sauce and the STEAK! Steaks are kosher, so they are washed, salted and specially cured -- let's just say -- they're not from Omaha!

Great stuff Shilo!

hahahaha

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

SHILOH:

Reading this study- as you have been opening the Word '- has been a gentle refreshing to my soul

in all of His dealings with man, God has always been the one to approach man. Man does not seek God, but rather God seeks us. In the Garden of Eden it was God who came looking for Adam after Adam had sinned by eating the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Gen. 3:9).

Of course, it was God in human form, our blessed Messiah Yeshua who came to seek each of us to bring us to salvation and make each of children of our Heavenly Father, YHVH

Reading this helped remind me to let go of trying to do it my way and giving Him room to do His Work in me . . .

The message of the Cross of Messiah is deliverance. The message of the Blood of Messiah is forgiveness. The blood forgives you of what you have done. The cross delivers you from what you are.

This part too offered a powerful reframe for me - something I 'knew' but had 'misplaced' in my head - superceded by other preoccupations , I guess ...-

There truly is a lot to in what you shared to absorb and meditate upon - wonderful study - thanks

Edited by sachi

Guest shiloh357

Glad you all are enjoying this study!! :) Here is today's offering.

Gen 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

Gen 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.

Yesterday, we were looking at spiritual separation from sin. Today we are going to be looking at what I call "practical separation." We are separated from sin, but we are separated, or sanctified, unto good works.

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God afore prepared that we should walk in them.

In Genesis one, we see that after God separates the light from darkness, He begins to work on the physical creation itself. I mentioned earlier that God works on the spiritual first, and then he begins to work on the natural. We see this very clearly starting with verses six and seven. God caused the firmament (atmosphere) to appear between in the midst of a large body of water. He separated the waters and the waters below became the oceans and lakes, etc. The water above became like a canopy around the earth.

This is significant for our study only in that we see two acts of separation occuring here in Genesis chapter 1. After God sanctifies us from sin, we are expected to walk in a way that corresponds to that. This is practical daily sanctification. It is not just the removal of old habits, but rather it is the presence of a new walk, new thoughts, new aspirations. It is process to be sure. It does not happen overnight. It amounts to staying in touch with the Lord in prayer, and constantly renewing your mind in the Scriptures.

In verse eight God separates that which is above from that which is below. There something different about us, something that makes us standout in a crowd, or at least, there should be. When we allow Him, God continues to work in us, conforming us more and more to His image, making us more like Him. The more time we spend with Him, the more we will be changed, and the more people will recognize that.

It is interesting, because even today, we have something similar to water above and below the firmament. We have clouds that give rain from above. The water comes to the earth, evaporates back up into the atmoshere, and forms more clouds which in turn send more rain. Likewise as Christians everyday is a renewal. In the Christian life there is always room for improvement. We are never finished. We should not rest on what happened yesterday, but we should press on for more of God, more of His presence, more of His Spirit, more of His Wisdom and direction, more of His provision and protection.

Just as the clouds give rain, and recieve it back only to give it again, so should we be constant channels of God's Light, Wisdom, Presence, Power, and most of all, His Love. We give to others what God is filling us with. We are commanded in Eph. 5:18 to be filled with the Spirit. Yeshua said of this, Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. Joh 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) We are vessels of living water!! We are the conduits through whom the Holy Sprit chooses to operate. When we allow the Holy Spirit to move and flow through us like living water, people will see God's love, and fruit of His Spirit will be made manifest. This is practical sanctification: We have been separated unto the Lord to be vessels of His Glory to a lost world.

Finally, let me say that is not just a matter of living a moral life. It is much, much more than that. Consider this story from the book of Acts:

Act 4:1 And as they spake unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them,

Act 4:2 Being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead.

Act 4:3 And they laid hands on them, and put them in hold unto the next day: for it was now eventide.

Act 4:4 Howbeit many of them which heard the word believed; and the number of the men was about five thousand.

Act 4:5 And it came to pass on the morrow, that their rulers, and elders, and scribes,

Act 4:6 And Annas the high priest, and Caiaphas, and John, and Alexander, and as many as were of the kindred of the high priest, were gathered together at Jerusalem.

Act 4:7 And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what power, or by what name, have ye done this?

Act 4:8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,

Act 4:9 If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole;

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Act 4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

After the healing of this man, and the boldness of Peter and John, look at what it says that the Jewish leaders noticed: they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus. Wow!! What a testimony I see in that!!! I think it would be so cool to make such an impact in the world around us, having the power and presence of God working so mightily through us, that people would take notice and say, "they have been with Jesus!" Like I said, this is more than just living "right." Lot's of sinners can live "right." It is about living in such a way that people see Jesus all over us. Some people will hate us for it, others will be blessed. Either way, there would be no denying that the fact that our lives and know that we have been with Jesus!! This is why sanctification is so imortant!

That is a great thing to strive for!! You know, the second day of creation that we have been studying today has something that sets it apart from the other five days. It is the only day where God does not say, "It is good." I see an important lesson for all of us in there. God only said "it is good" when He was satisfied with what He had done. We are not finished yet!! God is still working on us. We are still in process, and we still have soooo much room for improvement, yet. The day is coming when we will be "good" in the absolute sense. We will have our glorified bodies, and we will have no sin nature, no flesh to war against. All will be set aright. Until then, we need to keep on striving to be more like Yeshua, and keep filling ourselves with more of His Spirit. That is the heart of sanctification. Keep filling up with Holy Spirit and the Word of God, until there is no room for sin to enter in!! Praise the Lord!! :huh:

Until next time, Shalom Aleichem Chaverim!! :P

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Thank you Shiloh, I know God isn't finished with me yet and how closer I walk with Him how more I feel filled with His Spirit. Its something I have to take more serieus, it makes all the difference in my life and for the people around me.

If I backslide it affects so many peope ,thanks for this great little study!! :huh:

Sometimes I'm so busy with my work and family that I don't spend time with God, (not that I turn my back to Him) and I feel terrible about it but it seems the days are so short....when I realize what He did for me its makes me very thankful that I'm saved by grace and not by what I did. Praise God !

God Bless, Angels

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Wow - seeing Gen 1 from a spiritual (Hebraic :huh: ) point of view sure does give a whole new meaning to the text, doesn't it?!

:t:

Lookin' forward to the rest!

Guest shiloh357

KMB, Neb, Called, Sachi, Angels, George, Trav, Kevin, and everyone else:

If y'all have any questions, or need clarification on ANYTHING I have shared, please ask. You can PM me or just ask me on the thread. I want to enterain questions. Let's interact!! :) Also, if you see something good that I missed, please share!! :huh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

KMB, Neb, Called, Sachi, Angels, George, Trav, Kevin, and everyone else:

If y'all have any questions, or need clarification on ANYTHING I have shared, please ask. You can PM me or just ask me on the thread. I want to enterain questions. Let's interact!! :) Also, if you see something good that I missed, please share!! :huh:

So far I have no questions...I'm just amazed at the study and soaking it all in. It's awesome!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Hey Shiloh, I've just picked up on this thread and now I'm going to go back and start again in case I missed something. Amazing teaching brother. :huh:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Also, if you see something good that I missed, please share!! :huh:

I'm not sure this was brought out, but one thing I had figured before was the symbolism with:

"Darkness was over the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters"

that "the deep" and "the waters" here are symbolic of the nations and the peoples - or something like that.

Thus you have:

"Darkness was over the nations, and the Spirit of God hovered over the people."

(I might have nations and peoples mixed up or whatever, but that's the gist.)