IGNORED

To Bow or Not to Bow that is the Question

Waiting2BwithHim

Guest shiloh357

As an American, I would never bow to any leader (foreign or domestic). I will only make an exception when the Lord returns to set up HIS kingdom. :wub:

You would curtsy before Queen Elizabeth, and there is nothing idolatrous in it.

Americans neither bow nor curtsy before anyone. We are Americans and the US doens't bow or curtsy before any dignitary. We are not their subjects or their colonies anymore.

If you were going to meet the Queen personally, you would be instructed on the common way to greet her, which would be to bow if you are a man, or curtsy, if you are a woman. It is the traditional accepted manner in which to greet royalty. Being American doesn't give you the right to toss protocol aside.

Sure it does. I am not her subject. Her subjects bow to her. Americans don't bow to anyone and the rest of the world had just better get used to it.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/22/1984

It is true that respect must be earned, but education is important. I think It's a matter of perspective: if one thinks that bowing to a queen\king or another nobiliar figure is a matter of good manners, He's right in doing it. But if this seems idolatrous for another one, than It is right to not bow.

Maybe It's because I'm not American nor British, but I find a strange idea to not bow because I'm not subject to the Queen, it's just like not shaking hands with someone because I'm not used to it.

Guest shiloh357

It is true that respect must be earned, but education is important. I think It's a matter of perspective: if one thinks that bowing to a queen\king or another nobiliar figure is a matter of good manners, He's right in doing it. But if this seems idolatrous for another one, than It is right to not bow.

Maybe It's because I'm not American nor British, but I find a strange idea to not bow because I'm not subject to the Queen, it's just like not shaking hands with someone because I'm not used to it.

We liberated ourselves from England. The nature of our liberation precludes us from bowing. Shaking hands is not like bowing because it is two people on equal footing greeting each other in mutual goodwill. Bowing is totally differnt and is more than just an act of courtesy. Bowing is an act of submission.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

When you bow to someone you are not necessarily putting that person over God or Jesus, you're putting that person over yourself. I think I would agree with Shiloah that we need not bow to the European Royalty for we put them in their place back in the late 1700's.

I would add that to tip your head to someone as do the Japanese, is not putting that person above you, it is simply letting them know that you acknowledge their space and you are giving them their space. It really has nothing to do with who's higher in status, and it's a whole lot safer than shaking hands health wise.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

As an American, I would never bow to any leader (foreign or domestic). I will only make an exception when the Lord returns to set up HIS kingdom. :wub:

Americans neither bow nor curtsy before anyone. We are Americans and the US doens't bow or curtsy before any dignitary. We are not their subjects or their colonies anymore.

If you were going to meet the Queen personally, you would be instructed on the common way to greet her, which would be to bow if you are a man, or curtsy, if you are a woman. It is the traditional accepted manner in which to greet royalty. Being American doesn't give you the right to toss protocol aside.

First off, let me say I have the highest respect for Queen Elizabeth and I'm a big fan of the British royal family (especially William and Kate!). When I say I wouldn't bow to any leader it's not because of lack of respect. I wouldn't bow to my own President, current or in the past. It's just an American thing; we don't believe in it. But, as I said before, I will totally bow to my Risen King. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

This is a Hebrew term for worship and its definition.

Shachah - "to depress, i.e. prostrate: bow (self) down, crouch, fall down (flat), humbly beseech, do (make) obeisance, do reverence, make to stoop, worship."

I didnt create the term nor its definition and it clearly states to bow, reverence, worship. Bowing is synonymous with worship, mystery solved, now you know and knowing is half the battle according to G.I. Joe. Want more evidence?, lets look at a Greek term and its definition.

Proskuneo - "meaning to kiss, like a dog licking his master's hand), to fawn or crouch to, homage (do reverence to,

adore): worship."

These terms are from the Bible to denote worship Im not randomly pulling them off the top of my head. There are a couple others used in Greek but proskuneo is most frequent. Notice to kiss like a dog licking his masters hand, think its a good idea to kiss the popes hand?, and still the idea of bowing is evident with: to fawn or crouch, as proskuneo is defined.

I hope this is insightful enough to hammer the point deeply in your heart and fasten the knowledge securely in your mind. The time is coming when its going to be a question of worship anti Christ or die, wether or not its in our generation God knows, but its written and so it shall be, so get prepared, get your children prepared, get as many prepared as is possible because many seem to think the church is going to fly away forgetting he (the beast with two horns like a lamb) caused as many that would not worship the image of the beast to be slain. Its going to be a game changer for those who harbor fear of death when persecution becomes an inescapable reality for Christians. Alarming?, maybe but death is nothing to worry about with Christ. Death where is thy sting!

Keep the faith!, your servant in Yhowshuwa Moshiach

Matthew

This is a Hebrew term for worship and its definition.

Shachah - "to depress, i.e. prostrate: bow (self) down, crouch, fall down (flat), humbly beseech, do (make) obeisance, do reverence, make to stoop, worship."

I didnt create the term nor its definition and it clearly states to bow, reverence, worship. Bowing is synonymous with worship, mystery solved, now you know and knowing is half the battle according to G.I. Joe. Want more evidence?, lets look at a Greek term and its definition.

Proskuneo - "meaning to kiss, like a dog licking his master's hand), to fawn or crouch to, homage (do reverence to,

adore): worship."

These terms are from the Bible to denote worship Im not randomly pulling them off the top of my head. There are a couple others used in Greek but proskuneo is most frequent. Notice to kiss like a dog licking his masters hand, think its a good idea to kiss the popes hand?, and still the idea of bowing is evident with: to fawn or crouch, as proskuneo is defined.

I hope this is insightful enough to hammer the point deeply in your heart and fasten the knowledge securely in your mind. The time is coming when its going to be a question of worship anti Christ or die, wether or not its in our generation God knows, but its written and so it shall be, so get prepared, get your children prepared, get as many prepared as is possible because many seem to think the church is going to fly away forgetting he (the beast with two horns like a lamb) caused as many that would not worship the image of the beast to be slain. Its going to be a game changer for those who harbor fear of death when persecution becomes an inescapable reality for Christians. Alarming?, maybe but death is nothing to worry about with Christ. Death where is thy sting!

Keep the faith!, your servant in Yhowshuwa Moshiach

Matthew

Good points, Matthew, for that time IS coming. I long ago accepted the fact that I would have to die if the end comes in my lifetime.....for I would never worship anyone but the True God.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

I might use the proper title, but I will biweekly to NO ONE except Jesus.

I might use the proper title, but I will biweekly to NO ONE except Jesus.

What? What do you mean 'biweekly'? :blink:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Sure it does. I am not her subject. Her subjects bow to her. Americans don't bow to anyone and the rest of the world had just better get used to it.

Then you would be guilty of insulting royalty, as the stereotypical 'ugly American'! :P

If other heads of state (your president) do it, why do you consider it beneath you? It isn't an act of submission, but of respect of a head of state. I don't believe God is honoured when we dishonour others.