• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

As a Christian what is the one thing you are most anxious about in your life today?

This is not a "show and tell" type thing, but I thought (from a recent teaching South gave), that if we put our fears out there, there will always be encouragement from fellow believers and answers in scripture that help you get through this season.

So I will start.

I can retire if I wish in the next few years, but I am anxious about provision for the future. Will I be able to maintain my present lifestyle? Probably not.

This is not a cry for help, and nor should any subsequent post be about that, it is about encouragement from the word, and practical advice based on the word alone.

:thumbsup:

As For Fears Of Lack Of Water And Food And Shoes And Shelter And Toys And Stuff - My Prayer

Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die:

Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:

Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain. Proverbs 30:7-9

As For Fears Of Turning From The LORD My God - He Is My Sure And Only Trust

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

As For Fears Of Slipping And Falling Away - He Is My Grip

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones. Proverbs 3:5-8

As For Fears Of Sinking Sand - He Is My Bedrock

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. Job 19:25-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

My current anxiety stems from:

1. The possibility of losing my job again.

2. People not liking me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,170
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

As a Christian what is the one thing you are most anxious about in your life today?

This is not a "show and tell" type thing, but I thought (from a recent teaching South gave), that if we put our fears out there, there will always be encouragement from fellow believers and answers in scripture that help you get through this season.

So I will start.

I can retire if I wish in the next few years, but I am anxious about provision for the future. Will I be able to maintain my present lifestyle? Probably not.

This is not a cry for help, and nor should any subsequent post be about that, it is about encouragement from the word, and practical advice based on the word alone.

Fez, we both retired two years ago, and I share that with you.

My dad died from prostate cancer about three years ago and was in pain so bad that near lethal doses of morphine would not stop it.... I think that bothers me the most Suffering of people just drives me over th edge..... and reading Bible prophecy doesn't sooth my nerves as you can imagine LoL Yeah, we do win, but the trip there isn't going to be a picnic.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

My fears-

I got laid off years ago when the housing market got hit by the down spiraling economy. Now by the grace of God, I have a new and better job. So I guess my fear would be holding on to my new job.

A few years ago I found a new Church and I found myself growing in Christ, I don't want to do anything to jeopardize my relationship with God.

I know in both cases I can diminish any fear, just by continued growing in Christ, my job and not be stagnant water.

My other fear is death and that is out of my hands, it is in God's hands. I'm not afraid of death, I fear by the act of death, I won't be able to see my grandchildren grow up. But is it really fear if the concern is out of your hands? We must keep our faith in God, for only he really knows what is best for us.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Honest answers, thank you!

And answers that tell me I am not alone in fearing certain things. We are all in the same boat! (if only we could get out and walk away from it...sigh)

Thanks for the scripture Joe!

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Probably my biggest fear is speaking in front of people and having them actually listen to what I am saying! Sounds sad and easily overcome but for me its not, I hate to have attention drawn to me and perfer working behind the scenes. Been praying hard over this for about a year and well I will be trying to overcome this next Shabbat when I lead our midrash. Personally I dont worry about future money and all that since its completely out of my hands. I do worry about losing my husband not only because I would be all alone but because he is the sole bread winner.

shalom,

Mizz

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

My greatest fear is that I am right about God and the present time we live in and not just a mental case with a skewed reality. I fear that I live in a world where Gods church meets the criteria of the end times church who are blind, deceived lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God. I fear in the end I will most likely be killed by those who believe they are doing God a favor. I fear that I am inadequate for the task at hand.

All of these fears drive me to the feet of our Father, waiting for instruction, wisdom, knowledge, understanding, comfort, counsel, power and yet more grace, mercy and truth.

Gary

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

I'm anxious for "household salvation" concerning two of my children. It doesn't change since..they are on their own and...adults with families of their own. Both has known the calling on their lives...since children. The anxious come from knowing how satan can fool people.. "that they have all the time"... in the world. He extends procrastination and they accepts..and operates in the..."I've got time bondage spirit"..

Even through I can't wrap my brain around and understand God love for me...so much that He gave Jesus...and even after that...bless us with power through the Holy Ghost, grace, mercy and favor. This I do know...like parents... there comes a time..when dealing with them as young children...we say enough is enough and take action...God is no different.

Anxious in Louisiana...but still standing in the gap believing..

:wub: 2J

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1968

I'm most anxious about my debts

Also about my continuing inability to find local fellowship and make friends. (I work all over south west England on my own so don't get much opportunity to get to know people)